Take away PPV buys. Does LW really miss McGregor?

@FrankieNYC care to address this?

I suspected this was the case, there are lots of ways to increase 'profits' while losing revenue, cuts, redundancies, sell off of assets, fancy accounting, debt restructuring, etc. Also UFC not being publicly traded doesn't help, it's a lot easier to cook the books when you're a private company and the motivation to do it is the executives bonuses rely on declaring a certain profit margin.

Either way 8.21 million PPV buys down to 3.71 million is a massive drop and really shows you how much they need Conor. top 3 UFC PPV buys ever were all in 2016 by Conor and accounted for more than half of the buys in 2016. And people wonder why he can get away with whatever he wants, he literally generated half of the PPV buys of the entire company in a single year

https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

UFC 202 Diaz vs. McGregor 2 2016.08.20 1,600,000
UFC 196 McGregor vs. Diaz 2016.03.05 1,317,000
UFC 205 Alvarez vs. McGregor 2016.11.12 1,300,000

Fair enough people can say as fans none of this is important, but the reality is it is as far as the UFC and what fights get made.

Address what?
UFC has to file yearly to creditors & those figures are out there.
They made less on PPV in 2017 than 2016, I said that & everybody knows that.
WME cut over $55m in budget, made a bunch of new deals, deals already in place escalated.

You are not bringing up anything that has not be discussed many times.

You are making it seem like i said that the PPV drop & Conor's importance doesn't matter & neither is close to truth.

As someone that follows the business end of MMA & done several media interviews/articles on it, I explained to you that they had a record-breaking year without Conor being part of a UFC PPV.
that is a fact.

If Conor never fights in 2018, UFC will still be very profitable.
if he fights, they will be more profitable.
You needed me to address that?
;)

Is that money being shared with you? Then why do you care? We are fight fans and Conor doesn’t fight. The division is the most stacked in the UFC.

UFC surviving solely based off PPV buys is not true

Its the TV deal that keeps UFC afloat nowadays

So you are wasting your time arguing with that guy

We all miss him, McGregor is amazing for this sport and we will look back at this in future and be happy we witnessed the McGregor era. With that being said, throwing dolly’s through windows is crossing the line.

Pretty sure that 'biggest annual profit to date' stat that was being thrown about included MayMac, what's your source on that one?
FrankieNYC is a fake. He has no legit sources nor has any real insider information/connections.

Don't listen to him

Conor's boxing fight vs Floyd generated over 700million in revenue

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/08/28/mayweather-mcgregor-was-a-700m-behemoth/amp/

The UFC is getting close to 300million from Fox and espn

Conor generated TWICE that in one fight. Really think about that

The UFC had a "record breaking" year in 2017 SOLEY because of Conor McGregor

2016 a record breaking year was due to Conor

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...d-ppv-sales-fight-pay-live-gate-and-more/amp/

PPV revenue/gate/merch make up a significant portion of their revenue

Anyone who tries to pretend that Conor wasn't responsible for every record breaking year, or that the 4billion price tag wasn't because of Conor, doesn't know what they are talking about and has an agenda

Last edited:
You read the 2nd line right? You quoted both of them.
How difficult is it to read a post, that's 2 of you here now who don't seem able to.
Yes I read it and qualified what you’d written. He has had one fight but it was more or less bigger than all the other headlining LW fights put together.

Conor made most buys at WW. Colby and Mike are rising stars, but still far from Conor's numbers

Address what?
UFC has to file yearly to creditors & those figures are out there.
They made less on PPV in 2017 than 2016, I said that & everybody knows that.
WME cut over $55m in budget, made a bunch of new deals, deals already in place escalated.

You are not bringing up anything that has not be discussed many times.

You are making it seem like i said that the PPV drop & Conor's importance doesn't matter & neither is close to truth.

As someone that follows the business end of MMA & done several media interviews/articles on it, I explained to you that they had a record-breaking year without Conor being part of a UFC PPV.
that is a fact.

If Conor never fights in 2018, UFC will still be very profitable.
if he fights, they will be more profitable.
You needed me to address that?
;)

Microsoft could have a record breaking year by selling off all their factories and property and firing all their staff, it's not a long term strategy is it? Saying the UFC had a record breaking year despite Conor not fighting when they did it by harming long term growth is disingenuous, no?

Not sure we're really disagreeing on anything just the way you put it did not really address long term profits, which is the most important thing when you're paying off a $4 billion loan.

UFC surviving solely based off PPV buys is not true

Its the TV deal that keeps UFC afloat nowadays

So you are wasting your time arguing with that guy
The TV deal is for 300million

In one night Conor generated 700 million in his boxing match

Really think about that

In one night Conor MORE then doubled the UFC's most lucrative TV deal

Conor in the UFC was averaging 1.3 million buys and constantly setting new gate records

shills are going around trying to downplay just how significant Conor truly is to the UFC

People have NO clue

The truth Is, without Conor the UFC would've been dead

Without Conor, the UFC starts to go into the red fast and hard

Microsoft could have a record breaking year by selling off all their factories and property and firing all their staff, it's not a long term strategy is it? Saying the UFC had a record breaking year despite Conor not fighting when they did it by harming long term growth is disingenuous, no?

Not sure we're really disagreeing on anything just the way you put it did not really address long term profits, which is the most important thing when you're paying off a $4 billion loan.

WoW ... your comprehension is really bad, also there is no $4b loan (it was $1.8b) & UFC was valued at $5b in September

You also have no idea about business if you don't think UFC is set up for "long term profits" by making adjustments to how business is run, so they are less reliant on someone like Conor.
that is exactly thinking long-tern.

Last time i will address this:
Without any PPV's at all, UFC in 2018 is about a $200m profit company
If they sold zero PPV's, they would still make more profit than any solo year in the Fertitta-era history

Your Microsoft comparison is incredulous, because UFC did nothing remotely close to "selling off all their factories and property and firing all their staff". The budget cuts were mostly free jets, redundant staffing & friends having cush jobs (Chuck, Matt, Etc.).
I have no idea what "factories" you are thinking is comparable to UFC, but they expanded the UFC gyms & spent a lot on the UFC Center in Vegas.
They did the exact opposite of your Microsoft comparison lol

You might be a good guy, but you are way off

Have a good night though

When Jones and DC left the LHW division for different reasons it became a joke.

Gus is the only truly world class fighter in that division IMO. And he is very inactive.

LW on the other hand. Khabib, Lee, Ferguson, Poirier.

You can make several great fights between the 4 of them.

And the division is stacked overall as well.

So does LW miss Conor at the moment?

LW is in good shape now that they have a champion that wants to fight. Khabib is ready for anyone. It is much better without Conor, he did not want to fight anyone other than FW’s.

I think the division will be fine with or without him. Would he make a shitload of money if he comes back? Sure. Honestly I'm personally sick of his antics and don't care if he never fights again. I think Tony, Khabib, or even Kevin Lee are all terrible matchups for him, and he'd only be coming back for a beating and a paycheck .

I think the division will be fine with or without him. Would he make a shitload of money if he comes back? Sure. Honestly I'm personally sick of his antics and don't care if he never fights again. I think Tony, Khabib, or even Kevin Lee are all terrible matchups for him, and he'd only be coming back for a beating and a paycheck .

Exactly
Everything is set up to be less reliant on Conor.
If he comes back = great
if not, the UFC & division are fine

155 is stacked... Mcgregor is pure entertainment and it wouldn't hurt. But Ferguson and maybe Nate coming back would put the division over the top.

Take away PPV buys, LOL. Yeah, let's take away the only thing that keeps the UFC running and allows them to put on events and pay fighters in the first place, not like that would be important or anything.

This is the correct response

He's the last fighter to beat the reigning champ, I know he has been stripped due to not defending, that's what I meant by "yada, yada", sorry for the confusion, yada fucking yada and namaste.
That's fine, but don't put "he IS the champion" in insistent capital letters.

Take away PPV buys, LOL. Yeah, let's take away the only thing that keeps the UFC running and allows them to put on events and pay fighters in the first place, not like that would be important or anything.

<{fry}>
Sounds like this goof doesn't have a Fight Pass or a fuckin Reebok fight kit.
<{danayeah}>

He was barely around for a cup of coffee

He will not be missed.

Yeah, but in all fairness, aside from the cup of coffee, there were some water bottles, too.

OMG the new champ had to fight #11.

How many times has that original fight been made?

Who even knows whos fighting anybody.

If Conor signs he will be there period.

Late replacement all over this shit.

Last edited:
How do they do that?
What has changed?

best way to explain:
In 2015, UFC under Lorenzo made $152m in profit
After the sale, they cut $55-70m total from budget
Also existing deals that came with the sale escalate. As an example the Fox/UFC deal goes up about $10m yearly.
They also created other deals worldwide that brought up the bottom line.

In 2017, with lower PPV they did about $300m profit (according to the filed EBITDA).
Take MayMac out of that ($30-50m) & you see without any PPV, how much their profit margin is.

That is why UFC went up to $5b in value last September.
If they take the rumored TV deal from Fox/ESPN, they will be worth over $6b in 2019 (barring a catastrophe)

Of course keeping fighter pay low is also a big part of the profit.
In 2015 it was 13% & in 2016 it was 17%

Back