Takanori Gomi vs Shinya Aoki in Rizin?

I think he likes fighting but doesn’t like training.

He doesn’t have fight camps anymore he just watches TV. Sets a calendar reminder on his phone, and turns up to fight on the day.
Drunk.

This was the fight to make 13 yrs ago. Would still watch.

Did you watch the fight? Gomi nearly won by KO and Yachi was badly hurt.

I did. JMMA actually takes place at a reasonable hour where I live. Bid Gomi fan btw, but both dudes looked horrible in that fight. Gomi is just not there anymore and Yachi punched above his weight with wins over Cruikshank and Kitaoka. In the end he is just a middle of the road Japanese journeyman.

HA... I did it. Long long long time Sherdog site / forums creeper.. First post.. I actually set my account up a few weeks back and forgot.. Anyway... In before cool story bro.
Congrats for joining

Hope Gomi wins but it'll be Aoki sub

Gomi has not looked himself in years and years and years

WTF? When did this get confirmed?!

Dream match—Aoki should take it.

I did. JMMA actually takes place at a reasonable hour where I live. Bid Gomi fan btw, but both dudes looked horrible in that fight. Gomi is just not there anymore and Yachi punched above his weight with wins over Cruikshank and Kitaoka. In the end he is just a middle of the road Japanese journeyman.
Nonsense. Yachi's only losses since 2014 are to KSW champ erbst, and undefeated UFC fighter volkanovski. yachi is proven UFC level at this point.

Hell, he could have arguably been signed to the UFC as soon as he won the PXC belt from Jang Yong Kim.

Gomi is a good dude but he is going to get badly beaten + subbed here. Hopefully Aoki that damn near mauled Saku to death wont show up here.

This wouldve been a compelling fight 5 years ago but now it's just sad.

Nonsense. Yachi's only losses since 2014 are to KSW champ erbst, and undefeated UFC fighter volkanovski. yachi is proven UFC level at this point.

Hell, he could have arguably been signed to the UFC as soon as he won the PXC belt from Jang Yong Kim.

I have to admit I havn't seen much of his career before Rizin. After a closer look at his recent record I agree I might have been underselling him.

Still, as much as I would love to see the Fireball Kid retire with a win over legit competition, at this point he is free lunch for Tobikan Judan. Wear and tear combined with heavy drinking is a bitch.

mccall shoulda took a few easy fights to build his record up. hes lost what 3 in a row now?

A lot of people got fooled by a Wiki edit by some random.

All it takes is one shot.

Still, Aoki has to be the favorite.

I honestly think Gomi doesn’t like fighting anymore, he just does it because he doesn’t know what to do. Really sucks to see.

Gomi more interested putting in work at the tavern than the gym, these days.

<28> .

Source?

80% chance of Aoki by sub, 20% chance of Gomi by KO.

No other outcome is feasible.

Back