Tai Tuivasa was only paid $20K for his headliner in Adelaide

This is bullshit because they dont release payouts from overseas events.

He's never fought on a show with an actual payout. This thread is completely false made up bullshit and should be deleted.

I don't and never claimed to know how much he is paid. Only a gullible sheep would claim to know how much someone is paid based on some blogger inventing shit.

This
We know over-all what UFC pays its fighters & that it is low.
But a thread like this is silly because there is nothing factual & it comes across bitching just to bitch.

UFC paid 13% of rev in 2015
UFC paid 17% of rev in 2016
That is the proof

Not unsubstantiated AC reported pay that is rarely the complete picture.

These threads are stupid, because people are still quoting what Blaydes was supposedly paid, which was not true.

Argue with facts, not made up BS ;)

I see you're in Australia. I just did the conversion and your minimum wage of 18.93 would be 13.69 in US dollars. So 15 USD is a little more than minimum wage in Australia. He'd have made 27660.60 in Australian Dollars. That's well over 8 months pay at minimum wage.

Loool minimum wage for a top 15 Ufc Fighter.
You have to take into consideration a few things.

1) Training Costs = Do you think he trains for free?
2) Training Partners = Do you think they are willing to take damage for free?
3) Medical Costs = Do you think Doctors will heal up his wounds for free, and Australian doctors are not cheap bro!
4) Accomodation/Hotels = Do you think the Hotel allows him to stay for free?
5) Training Gear = Shit is expensive
6) Food / Drink = Dude is a big boy, do you think he can survive on $20 a day, when he trains for most of the day?
7) He lives in Sydney, do you have any idea how much rent is in Sydney?
8) Do you have any idea how much expenses like phone, internet, rego, car is?

The dude is literally broke and he is taking in serious fucking damage to his brain for peanuts.
But at the end of the day, it is what it is.

"It's a fucking meat grinder. People go in one end, and meat comes out the other"
main-qimg-fef845b4717ac5deffef2f946af741d4

and for this
are-you-not-pvcbh9.jpg

But there is more than 1 winner.
1008-dana-white-plane-tmz-2.jpg

Last edited:
U Fight Cheap

U (signed the) Fucking Contract

He sucks and is fat and out of shape. What else do you expect for him.

That is pathetic.

People get paid more to compete on some of those stupid tv game shows for one nights work, no physical damage and no 3 month training camp that you have to pay for

Hopefully he got some bonuses. Wish there was some sort of clause that made main and co main minimum pay outs. Like if you're co main you can't make less than 50k, and main 75 to 100k. So if you're contracted to make less, and are asked to fill either of those card spots your pay is bumped for that fight accordingly. They may already do something like that with bonuses, but it'd be nice to see the paper trail obviously.

Once his contract ends and resigns, I'm sure there will be a bump. Contracts are not single fight entities.

Well yeah gotta wait to get that new contract. He will get paid the big bucks soon hopefully

probably would have been 40 if he won... not a bad pay day for a basically unknown fighter that no one outside of Australia really cares about...

That is pathetic.

People get paid more to compete on some of those stupid tv game shows for one nights work, no physical damage and no 3 month training camp that you have to pay for
Hopefully he got some bonuses. Wish there was some sort of clause that made main and co main minimum pay outs. Like if you're co main you can't make less than 50k, and main 75 to 100k. So if you're contracted to make less, and are asked to fill either of those card spots your pay is bumped for that fight accordingly. They may already do something like that with bonuses, but it'd be nice to see the paper trail obviously.
probably would have been 40 if he won... not a bad pay day for a basically unknown fighter that no one outside of Australia really cares about...
Once his contract ends and resigns, I'm sure there will be a bump. Contracts are not single fight entities.

Read the thread. Nobody knows what he got paid, his salary has never been reported in any of his fights. @Jackonfire any chance you could modify the title?

That's still more money than most people make in a year.

check all other main events, especially fight nights and maybe you will understand it's normal.
Korean Zombie also got around 20k for example (they gave him bonus).
Antony Smith check his last paychecks (without bonuses) etc.etc.etc. It's disgusting.

The level he is at seems to headlining a show for the premier MMA organisation in the world...seems like thats a high level? It used to be anyway.
If the show is sold on your name you area headliner and should be paid as one, 20 and 20 is just awful

Yeah it’s grim it is
But it would fuck up the whole system if you start throwing 6 figures at people that won’t be in the sport that long
Eco system needs people like Tai to feed the bigger fish or become a big figh himself
Start chucking 6 figures around and people get lazy and don’t wanna fight

Rough game

He's won 3 times, beat nobodies except Arlovski. Like I said, the ufc can choose to put him anywhere, they could have made Hunt or Pedro as headliner for all I care. He SIGNED the contract, after he fights out his contract then we can what's he really worth.

Tuivasa isn't even complaining about besides some sherdoggers. I remember when Sterling believed he deserved more money without proving his worth and when he went into free market no one wanted to pick him up. After he signed back to the UFC he now realizes he needs to prove his worth to be deserving of higher pay.

Do people on here even have jobs? It's not like many understand how the real world works.

I work on construction masonry, and I didn't get paid journeyman wages without having to prove my skill and worth for the company I work for.
Really? I'm a Framing Carpenter and haven't had a job interview or wage negotiation in like 10 years. I respond to an ad, the boss asks what my experience is and how much I want and after a very brief conversation they say "Okay, sounds good, this is the address for the project, see you Monday at 7".

I suppose if I was lying about my skills and experience I would be fired or offered a lower wage after they have worked with me but that's yet to happen.

Having said that last part I realized you may actually have a point but after taking the time to write all that I can't not post it, lol.

You can probably make more money flipping burgers or delivering pizza and don't worry about injuries or surgeries.

I would argue that any fighter that only gets a couple 1000 dollars shouldn't even be in the UFC.
These are supposed to be the best of the best and yet they have soo many 1 dimensional fighters just because they are new to MMA, guys with less experience then 80% of the amateurs.
That's like hiring a basketballplayer to the NBA because he can dribble and then say he gets paid so little because he can only dribble.
When he shouldn't even be there at all.

Thats crazy low. Yet we get fighters complaining about being paid 10x more than that and still leave because they arent paid enough - even though they couldnt headline a fight to save their life. Hopefully Tai gets more though next time around
I'm wary of judging the UFC in situations like this because I know they have a budget for each fight night event. For example, Blaydes only got payed like 20k in the Francis fight (getting knocked out in the first minute), but in his fight before that against Overeem he got payed 120k + 50k bonus so 170k with bonus. I'm sure the same for Tai, being that he got payed good for his last fight on PPV in Chicago. The point is, the UFC is pushing these guys, who seem to be overrated talents, into stardom where they can make significantly more money. In the long term, it's a good idea for guys like Blaydes and Tai to accept these type of lower payed fights, but only if they can pull off the W. If they get KOed like they both did, they look dumb.

Last edited:
Back