Tai Tuivasa Wants Junior dos Santos Matchup For UFC Adelaide

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

What do you guys think of this matchup? I think it makes perfect sense to happen next. Both guys are in similar position in the division. This would be a perfectly decent Fight Night Main Event. I say let it headline the Adelaide card in December with Mendes/Volkanovski as the Co-Main.

Fight makes sense and will be violent. Don't know who to root for, though. Mendes/Volkanavski would also be nuts.

Fight makes sense and will be violent. Don't know who to root for, though. Mendes/Volkanavski would also be nuts.
I tend to root for the young up and comer although I'm a big JDS fan. I think I'm higher on Tai then a lot of people on Sherdog.

Junior will outclass him

giphy.gif

I like this fight but I don't think it makes too much sense. It does nothing for JDS at least.

With both guys coming off wins, I'd rather see both fighters matched up against guys higher in the rankings (like Lewis or Ngannou).

Sure. JDS takes this. Let him get some wins to build up a nice streak

was i the only one that thought tuivasa should have lost the arlovski fight?

at least it shoud have been a split decision.

I like this fight but I don't think it makes too much sense. It does nothing for JDS at least.

With both guys coming off wins, I'd rather see both fighters matched up against guys higher in the rankings (like Lewis or Ngannou).
I mean, Junior IS coming off of a very long layoff and hasn't been able to put together multiple wins since 2012. He's been alternating wins and loses since the first loss to Cain and he has to make up some ground after the USADA suspension. Beaten Ivanov was nice, but I don't think it puts him directly back in top 5 competition. Tai is young, hungry and undefeated. I think this fight does a lot for both guys.

I think Junior wants to fight sooner than that. He's uninjured and trying to stay active.

Junior fighting more than once a year?!

:eek:

I like it, but I don't see Junior taking this risky fight at this time. He'll probably angle for a bigger name, someone above him in the rankings, with the argument he just fought someone below him. Volkov, maybe Ngannou.

I think JDS should be able to out-point Tuvasa, unless he gets caught.. then it ends

JDS by UD. The Hunt clone barely got by Arlovski

I think Tuivasa would get him. JDS's killer instinct is gone. After putting in 15 minutes with Arlovski getting valuable experience with a more seasoned striker with range, I think Tuivasa would be ready to take JDS's head off.

Back