Tai Tuivasa and more

He's 25 and has fought 8 times.

At least let him get his first L before you write him off.
Actually, he lost in a smaller league. I don't know why it doesn't show. It's on YouTube

Actually, he lost in a smaller league. I don't know why it doesn't show. It's on YouTube

Yeah, I don't know why the loss to Peter Graham is not listed either. I've read it was a custom rules fight and that's why. Either way it would have been one of his first fights and Graham is a seasoned vet so I'm gonna still give him a chance to develop a bit more..

I have trained with Tai and with Hunt.

Hunt looked small, Tai looked massive.
so he has a skillset that indicates he trains. how does one train as much as he does and be so fat? do those guys eat like crap? drink alcohol? since you know them just curious.

I have trained with Tai and with Hunt.

Hunt looked small, Tai looked massive.
That's pretty cool! Can you share anything more about it? Always cool to hear about pro fighter training!

I've heard that Hunt is ridiculously strong, is the same true for Tai? What's his strength and conditioning like? Is it on teh same level as the camps in the USA for example?

Arlovski is a legit 6'4" master race unlike a lot of these other 6'3" ad 6'2.5"s posers.

Tai is a fat fuck standing 6'2. He'd be better off losing weight and dropping to 205
I hate watching fat slobs fight. I was more distracted by his disgusting floppy ass belly during that Arlovski fight than the actual fight

There were a few fighters on that card that failed all the eye tests.
Andrei is one of them.

Arlovski is deceptively huge. He made Browne and Bigfoot look like normal guys too (by heavyweight standards). The only fighter who dwarfed him was Struve.

Tai is not big, he should be a 205, and he’s no way bigger than Hunt. As dude says he trained w them, I’ve stood next to both, I’m 6’ 185”, Tai is taller but has poor posture and slumps his shoulders, they are narrow and he does not look very strong. Hunt is much more massively built. This can be seen from the weighins, Hunt cuts and weighs 265/266, Tai weighed last 261, and we all know Heavies, especially fat ones, don’t cut if they don’t have to.

Idk about Hunt’s strength, but hunt said on MMAHour that he was surprised how strong Blaydes was, which is interesting...

so he has a skillset that indicates he trains. how does one train as much as he does and be so fat? do those guys eat like crap? drink alcohol? since you know them just curious.

Can't speak to diet and only trained with them briefly (other side of the city). But his conditioning work outs are no joke. He is also alot smaller than he was, he is an exceptionally large human.

Tai looks like he used to be fat, he isn't toned but he is clearly a long way from a guy like big country.

AA won that fight 30-27 at best and 29-28 at worst.

Judges blinded by fat bouncing after every strike he ate.

That's pretty cool! Can you share anything more about it? Always cool to hear about pro fighter training!

I've heard that Hunt is ridiculously strong, is the same true for Tai? What's his strength and conditioning like? Is it on teh same level as the camps in the USA for example?

I was a rookie lw so never grappled with the pro HWs.
This was around the time of the Peter Graham fight, anyway I was training for my first fight fit as hell, resting heart rate of 42bpm. I was paired with tai for conditioning and we basically matched pace through a 25 minutes workout. Largely body weight, explosive stuff, box jumps, burpees, tyre flips, sledgehammer etc.
Best cardio I have seen in a unit that size.

I also did a single class with Peter Graham around the same time. Consisted of grappling and sprinits. Was insane how hard he could work.
Graham is however much smaller, well I remember him as much smaller but might be because I never sparred with him.

Last point, first time I saw Hunt in the gym I thought to myself "hey that guy looks like a small mark hunt".

tai_tuivasa_shoey_ufc_225.0.jpg

AA won that fight 30-27 at best and 29-28 at worst.

Judges blinded by fat bouncing after every strike he ate.
Still don't know how Arlovski lost it, but maybe UFC needs some replacement for Mark Hunt.

But doesn't fat take up more space than muscle?
That's what I heard anyway but I'm no expert at all when it comes to bodybuilding
Yes he outweighed Arlovski and looked significantly bigger, not sure what TS was smoking.

Tai doesn't look very built but the guy has the typical rugby tree trunks, even if he lost a bit of weight I'm not sure he'd ever make 205. Some heavyweights don't look very big until you meet them in person, his build is all genetics. Keep in mind, he is still young and could fill out even more.

Back