Tagging system isn't working for me.

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I created a VS thread in P&M and copy/pasted the usernames of people that like to be tagged for these threads.

The notifications didn't go through. Did forget something?

So I created a VS thread in P&M and copy/pasted the usernames of people that like to be tagged for these threads.

The notifications didn't go through. Did forget something?
Did you paste the usernames in the original post or did you add it in after editing the post?

I've tried both.

Each time, with the [tag] around the names.
And so no one that got tagged got the notification?

Just for future reference though, once you edit a post and tag someone, they usually won't get a notification. It has to be included in the original post with no edits.

I got this one but not the previous one

Ok, I'm noticing a trend.

Puting '@ username' works, but when you quote a '@ username' it shows up like this - [iUSER=475585]@Slobodan[USER] (without the i on the first USER and with the / before the last USER) it does NOT send the notification.

Really pisses me off I tried so damn hard to get that thread going and was so frustrated the notifications weren't going out, I just erased the fucking thing twice.

And yeah, if you make a post and then edit it to tag someone, the user will NOT receive a notification.

I'll keep that in mind.

Is all of this covered in a User FAQ?
Not that I know of. I've just stumbled into threads where a user tagged but I didn't get an alert for it. What stood out was the edit line every time.

[
Not that I know of. I've just stumbled into threads where a user tagged but I didn't get an alert for it. What stood out was the edit line every time.

Gotchya.

Well, now we know cutting and pasting the quoted tags, don't work either.

Back