Tackling Inequality Through the Social Ownership of Capital

Lol at the brush off from @Jack V Savage, he sold me on the idea and is a big proponent of some form of it.

I'm not trying to blow it off (@HomerThompson and @Limbo Pete). I read the whole paper (previously), and I agree with the gist of it and don't have any major criticisms or anything to add, really. Let's do it.

I am also of the opinion that it should be funded by monetary policy or land taxes, (again credit jvs) something with minimal economic drag/distortion. Video fails to address that, which is why so many are poo pooing it based on oil.

Yeah, in the paper, he mentions a bunch of potential taxes, but I don't recall land-value being specifically mentioned. That would be a good one. I also think we should provide some low-interest start-up loans with equity as a condition.

I'm not trying to blow it off (@HomerThompson and @Limbo Pete). I read the whole paper (previously), and I agree with the gist of it and don't have any major criticisms or anything to add, really. Let's do it.

Yeah, in the paper, he mentions a bunch of potential taxes, but I don't recall land-value being specifically mentioned. That would be a good one. I also think we should provide some low-interest start-up loans with equity as a condition.

Low energy, sad!!!!! Ha just teasing. The low key reaction was just a bit funny,

Exactly, I think a real miss is he just mentions a bunch of taxes without getting into the implications. Your idea of a land tax, or the monetary policy one that I liked are, imo, are a big part of why the solution is such a cool one. Let the market create wealth but give every one a piece of the action in a way that has the least impact on incentives.

I need to stew on the low interest thing....

There is nothing wrong with social inequality, and it isn’t government’s role to guarantee equality of outcome.

Back