Tables (like Excel) in posts?

Hotora86

war in the ring, never outside
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm just being stupid but can I create or paste a table in posts?

Whenever I copy a table from, say, Excel it gets pasted as plain text, eg:

titleA titleB
item1 detail1
item2 detail2

Sorry if I'm just being stupid but can I create or paste a table in posts?

Whenever I copy a table from, say, Excel it gets pasted as plain text, eg:

titleA titleB
item1 detail1
item2 detail2
Screengrab it and embed here via Imgur. If you mean paste as in maintaining cell dynamics, that's a no-go as I understand it, but we have tiered-list optionality in the grey ribbon above each post.

The media tab allows you to embed Google Sheets although you if you did that you may want to set it to private and non-editable. I can't find one to embed so I have no idea if your Google name would show up or not; perhaps use the preview button first if you choose that route.

doesn't seem to work

The media tab allows you to embed Google Sheets although you if you did that you may want to set it to private and non-editable. I can't find one to embed so I have no idea if your Google name would show up or not; perhaps use the preview button first if you choose that route.

doesn't seem to work
It's a still though, no? The tags for a table on any G Suite platform (G+, Drive, Calendar etc.) are going to be:

Code:
[MEDIA=googlesheets]{object}[/MEDIA]

It'll back-track (or page-refer) of course (great call) but seems a safer, simpler bet to screengrab, crop, wipe meta, and image-embed than worry over settings conc. private, uneditable, and such as he'd be freezing it either way. What a jungle Google's become. Would be cool to test document interactivity though and see if updates between source and target docs sync. :p

OK, I guess the short answer is NO. :p
Thanks anyway.

OK, I guess the short answer is NO. :p
Thanks anyway.
Screengrab it, mate, and treat as image. Takes but a minute or two. Short answer – YES. :D

@Hotora86

If you have any trouble, mate, PM me. We can get what you need presented here before any audience of your peers. I'll be online for another hour or two. Not a problem.

<LucyBless>

@Hotora86

If you have any trouble, mate, PM me. We can get what you need presented here before any audience of your peers. I'll be online for another hour or two. Not a problem.

<LucyBless>
Thanks man.
I was just thinking about making my "Karate in MMA" thread (in sig below) easier on the eyes - the list should be in the form of a table ideally but also easy to copy/paste/edit since I add new fighters regularly.

It's a still though, no? The tags for a table on any G Suite platform (G+, Drive, Calendar etc.) are going to be:

Code:
[MEDIA=googlesheets]{object}[/MEDIA]

It'll back-track (or page-refer) of course (great call) but seems a safer, simpler bet to screengrab, crop, wipe meta, and image-embed than worry over settings conc. private, uneditable, and such as he'd be freezing it either way. What a jungle Google's become. Would be cool to test document interactivity though and see if updates between source and target docs sync. :p
I agree screengrabbing would be easier but embedding seems to be the only way to have somewhat of a table even though it's not a table created within the comment box.

I'm getting triggered with not being able to create a table.

I agree screengrabbing would be easier but embedding seems to be the only way to have somewhat of a table even though it's not a table created within the comment box.

I'm getting triggered with not being able to create a table.
<24>

@Hotora86

While not dynamic (and I apologise for that fact), I did table your data for you. I had to retype the entirety of your data but I proofread it a couple times over to make sure no errata are present. I can upload to your OP in UFC Disc. if you approve.

KBB, HOTO 1.png KBB, HOTO 2.png KBB, HOTO 3.png KBB, HOTO 4.png KBB, HOTO 5.png

@Hotora86

While not dynamic (and I apologise for that fact), I did table your data for you. I had to retype the entirety of your data but I proofread it a couple times over to make sure no errata are present. I can upload to your OP in UFC Disc. if you approve.

You retyped the whole thing? <Eek2.0>
Wow, you really shouldn't have but thank you very much! Certainly looks much better than the current one. Sure, you can go ahead and upload to my OP, I have the master file on my PC in any case.

Editing may be a problem in the future but I guess I can just take print screens of my excel master file and paste them as pictures - sorta like what you did.

You retyped the whole thing? <Eek2.0>
Wow, you really shouldn't have but thank you very much! Certainly looks much better than the current one. Sure, you can go ahead and upload to my OP, I have the master file on my PC in any case.

Editing may be a problem in the future but I guess I can just take print screens of my excel master file and paste them as pictures - sorta like what you did.
You are very welcome.

And done – please see OP.

For updates, I as well saved the template I'd created so if you batch-send me a few updates as you have them, it's not a problem for me to update my master copy and re-upload for you. Next round, I can also embed your avatar in-table, giving it more flare. OP looks sharp now either way.

Lastly, thank you for your contribution of original content to our Community. Just let me know if I can be of any further help with anything.

You are very welcome.

And done – please see OP.

For updates, I as well saved the template I'd created so if you batch-send me a few updates as you have them, it's not a problem for me to update my master copy and re-upload for you. Next round, I can also embed your avatar in-table, giving it more flare. OP looks sharp now either way.

Lastly, thank you for your contribution of original content to our Community. Just let me know if I can be of any further help with anything.
Now that's what I call "customer service"! ;)
Looks as sharp as a razor, thanks again.

Back