T-wood's next opponent

Sorry buddeh. But he said he was going to start camp like 1 week ago. And Lawler has got a fight scheduled. Anyway i think Mcgregor is going to be his opponent. Dana said he was going to offer a fight to Mcgregor in May. Pretty sure Conor will take the fight.

Diaz. After the fight he claims he was the only one to fight and retire again

Condit last lost to Maia in like 90 seconds, and Maia didn't get a shot.

Sorry buddeh. But he said he was going to start camp like 1 week ago. And Lawler has got a fight scheduled. Anyway i think Mcgregor is going to be his opponent. Dana said he was going to offer a fight to Mcgregor in May. Pretty sure Conor will take the fight.
If Conor truly doesn't turn down fights - ones that have actually been offered, not people who've called him out and shit - then it should truly happen.

Wish it was Nate, though. Then Conor, then Nick. Just hope it's not Bisping... or Silva.

Condit.

Not officially retired but not many fights left, doing over the fight that ended due to an injury. Lawler's booked to fight Cerrone, Maia's scheduled to fight Masvidal, Conor's waiting on Mayweather, they won't give it to Wonderboy, and Diaz won't want to fight a wrestler.

Can they really sell that fight though?

I mean to me Woodley is awesome but the Wonderboy fights rubbed people the wrong way (too much stalling, point-fighting, staring, etc.), so they really need a compelling match-up to sell.

Condit just got subbed in like 1 minute by Maia, I feel he'd have to come back and win a big fight (rematch with Nick Diaz would be awesome) and you could then justify it but with Maia/Masvidal matched up at 211 in two weeks you'd think they were in the front of the line (and Condit isn't a big enough draw to bump them).

I have a feeling it's going to be McG, if he can't get the Mayweather fight this is another big money fight that has so little risk for him (still the LW champ, has rematches lined up against Aldo and Nate if he ever wants them, etc.).

Give him a break,the Lawler Cerrone fight was announced only a month ago!

could be conor but i reckon it's nick diaz, WME's perfect case scenario is nick beats woodley then conor vs nick for biggest ppv of all time, nick can get revenge for conor giving nate Alzheimer's. i don't know...lines up well for conor's comeback though. i suppose gsp is an outsider also.

Why hold up the division if the champ is healthy and ready to go?

I was making a joke about people poking at TS for guessing his opponent will be Lawler who's been scheduled to fight for almost a month.

I'm always for champs fighting when they are ready even if it means not getting a clear #1 contender.

Can they really sell that fight though?

I mean to me Woodley is awesome but the Wonderboy fights rubbed people the wrong way (too much stalling, point-fighting, staring, etc.), so they really need a compelling match-up to sell.

Condit just got subbed in like 1 minute by Maia, I feel he'd have to come back and win a big fight (rematch with Nick Diaz would be awesome) and you could then justify it but with Maia/Masvidal matched up at 211 in two weeks you'd think they were in the front of the line (and Condit isn't a big enough draw to bump them).

I have a feeling it's going to be McG, if he can't get the Mayweather fight this is another big money fight that has so little risk for him (still the LW champ, has rematches lined up against Aldo and Nate if he ever wants them, etc.).

I can see Conor wanting the WW title fight (no risk to the LW title and a free ticket to the WW strap), but I think he gets smashed by Woodley. Woodley is far faster, bigger and stronger than Mendes. If Woodley gets Conor to the ground, he's not getting back up, and Woodley could really do a number on Conor's image if the fight is too one-sided.

As long as Maia/Masvidal winner doesn't take a lot of physical damage, that fighter could conceivably make a July date with Woodley, but if it turns into a war of attrition that would make it unlikely. It would be foolish to assume that someone's not going to get hurt in a fight, so counting on the winner being available isn't good business sense.

Diaz has been pretty removed from the game, and I would have him as an underdog against most of the top 10 WW's. A fight with Woodley doesn't make sense, but hell, a lot of the recent matchups are bullshit, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see this fight made.

As long as there is the slimmest glimmer of hope that Conor can get the fight with Mayweather, I don't think Conor takes any other fight. Hopefully he has the baby soon and can start working on his excuses for ducking Ferguson.

maybe woodley vs t-ferg, hell so many more random matchups are possible now after artem vs cub..

If Nick Diaz or Conor get the title shot....just lol. I hope more and more fighters jump ship.

Lawler gotta be the worst guess ever lol. He's already got a fight booked AND his last fight was a like 2 minute KO loss to Woodley...

Conor's still trying to get the Floyd fight done. Dana's "locked in a room with Floyd's team" now or soon. It likely won't happen but since they're negotiating Conor isn't taking an mma fight. Then you look at the WW contenders and no way they're making WB/TW 3 after that snoozer. Condit's one foot out and isn't a draw. Lawler's fighting Cowboy. Gunni isn't really a contender yet, while Maia's fighting Masvidal. So Nick Diaz probably.

Maia/Masvidal is possible. Maia should win with minimal damage.

But I'm almost certain it's Conor. UFC doesn't want to risk a one-night-stand reward for Mayweather deflating Conor's momentum when they could make, yet again, the biggest UFC fight in history.

Woodley has been nagging super fights since he became champ and Conor would likely want to keep climbing the next mountain instead of stopping to defend the one he's on.

What other big summer fight is meant to highlight the year? Garbrandt-Dillashaw? Aldo-Holloway? Great fights, but no.....Cormier-Jones? Bisping-GSP? Bleh... Nothing compares to the home run money maker of McGregor-Woodley.... And it's the next best thing to make Conor happy not giving him the Mayweather fight.

It's not Nick Diaz. Have you seen his instagram lately? I haven't but I heard all he does is blaze all day. He hasn't won a fight in many, many years. T-Wood would murk him. He wouldn't take that fight anyway, nor are they going to offer that guy a title shot are you people crazy? I think it's Conor. Would be the biggest fight in UFC history for a record 3 belts, he wouldn't have to risk his strap (again) and he has built in size excuses. Sounds like a Conor fight to me.

TW has a glass jaw, owns a BLM tee shirt, and wears sun glasses indoors. No way he puts that glass jaw at risk to a left hand of doom/touch of death.

TW will continue to race bait and put on terrible fights.

Maia/Masvidal is possible. Maia should win with minimal damage.

But I'm almost certain it's Conor. UFC doesn't want to risk a one-night-stand reward for Mayweather deflating Conor's momentum when they could make, yet again, the biggest UFC fight in history.

Woodley has been nagging super fights since he became champ and Conor would likely want to keep climbing the next mountain instead of stopping to defend the one he's on.

What other big summer fight is meant to highlight the year? Garbrandt-Dillashaw? Aldo-Holloway? Great fights, but no.....Cormier-Jones? Bisping-GSP? Bleh... Nothing compares to the home run money maker of McGregor-Woodley.... And it's the next best thing to make Conor happy not giving him the Mayweather fight.

Its not their call. Its the fight to make for UFC after Mcgoat fights Mayweather. Too much money to be made here with or without UFC.

UFC can come along for the ride and taking whatever the fuck percent Mcgoat says is fair or MCGOAT retires from UFC, evokes the Ali act, and cuts UFC out.

WAR MCGOAT

Back