T-Woodley tired of Nate stalling-Sign the Damn contract

Yo man I'm with you on all of it. I don't see the logic here at all. He says he's "driven" by guys that say "don't be scurred homie" but Colby has basically KO'd him talking smack throughout the media. Colby has said T_Wood doesn't even pay guys that have helped train him in the past, that he's a huge piece of shit. If that type of thing doesn't drive you than I don't know what the hell does..

Colby seems like the fight to push for sure, man. Great point about him outright shitting on Woodley but also Colby is in an unprecedented place of polarizing fan interest right now. A fight with Colby will likely never get bigger than at this moment when the guy is a lightning rod of controversy. Woodley should strike while the iron is hot.

still, though, as our friend pointed out, Woodley doesn't make the fights, the UFC does.

Why give Colby exactly what he wants?

If I was Woodley I'd not pay him any mind either.

If Colby gets another signature win he won't be able to ignore him and the UFC already could care less about what T-Wood wants, he's not a sustainable champion in their eyes anyways. That being said a fight with Colby would probably do better numbers than Nate because he has talked so much shit and could be promoted as such. Fans love drama

Colby seems like the fight to push for sure, man. Great point about him outright shitting on Woodley but also Colby is in an unprecedented place of polarizing fan interest right now. A fight with Colby will likely never get bigger than at this moment when the guy is a lightning rod of controversy. Woodley should strike while the iron is hot.

still, though, as our friend pointed out, Woodley doesn't make the fights, the UFC does.

@Bend NvR Break

Totally agree ufcfan.

I don't think he's stalling, I think he just doesn't want to fight you, Tyron. Maybe you should stick to calling out GSP, or even better, tell Colby to man up and get in the cage with you since he thinks he can 'obviously' beat you.

If the money aint right... there's no need to fight.

If Colby gets another signature win he won't be able to ignore him and the UFC already could care less about what T-Wood wants, he's not a sustainable champion in their eyes anyways. That being said a fight with Colby would probably do better numbers than Nate because he has talked so much shit and could be promoted as such. Fans love drama
Fine with me. I think Woodley will KO him.

I was higher on Colby after his DHK win. I mean damn if you can out grapple DHK you're grappling is serious. But even though he beat Maia watching Maia land that left over and over dropped his stock in my eyes. I thought if he was going to win he seriously was going to KO Maia.

Now I'd love to see him fight Usman but that's kinda unrealistic. I think a WB or RDA if he beats Lawler after more realistic fights because in January Woodley is having surgery on his shoulder. A win over either and Woodley can't dodge Colby.

I highly doubt that Colby sells though. No one knows who is he and the UFC is trying to capitalize on Diaz's feud with McGregor to see how much of a card carrier Diaz can be.

Trust me Colby vs Woodley makes sense. The only other person who has a legit argument at a shot is WB and he just tooled number 4 at the time Masdival. Diaz vs Woodley is WME trying to pay that loan back.

Fine with me. I think Woodley will KO him.

I was higher on Colby after his DHK win. I mean damn if you can out grapple DHK you're grappling is serious. But even though he beat Maia watching Maia land that left over and over dropped his stock in my eyes. I thought if he was going to win he seriously was going to KO Maia.

Now I'd love to see him fight Usman but that's kinda unrealistic. I think a WB or RDA if he beats Lawler after more realistic fights because in January Woodley is having surgery on his shoulder. A win over either and Woodley can't dodge Colby.

I highly doubt that Colby sells though. No one knows who is he and the UFC is trying to capitalize on Diaz's feud with McGregor to see how much of a card carrier Diaz can be.

Trust me Colby vs Woodley makes sense. The only other person who has a legit argument at a shot is WB and he just tooled number 4 at the time Masdival. Diaz vs Woodley is WME trying to pay that loan back.

I'm not so sure that the numbers would be much different for either fight though Diaz/Covington. Diaz isn't the needle mover without Conor but I think Conor has raised his stock more so then it's ever been prior to this so by that Nate slightly edges Colby. But Colby has made waves recently and he's doing his best Chael/McGregor impersonation trying to spark controversy and raise awareness. I think we pretty much agree on everything here though.

My question to you now is simply this, were Colby's shots at Brazil and his antics with Werdooomerang genuine or an act?

I'm not so sure that the numbers would be much different for either fight though Diaz/Covington. Diaz isn't the needle mover without Conor but I think Conor has raised his stock more so then it's ever been prior to this so by that Nate slightly edges Colby. But Colby has made waves recently and he's doing his best Chael/McGregor impersonation trying to spark controversy and raise awareness. I think we pretty much agree on everything here though.

My question to you now is simply this, were Colby's shots at Brazil and his antics with Werdooomerang genuine or an act?
Genuine imo.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tyro...yron-woodley-goes-off-scared-homie-nate-diaz/

“I don’t even need the cards. I’m fired up about people that tell you, ‘Don’t be scared homie,’ and then they’re scared, homie. Not a possible fight. A 50-percent completed fight. You got one half of the party that’s been offered, that’s accepted, that’s out here with their bag at Wilcard Boxing getting punched by world champions. Then you got the other side that’s got a whole bunch of excuses. So, that’s what I’m kind of fired up about. 10-4 [the UFC offered me a fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 219]. Correct. [I’ve agreed to that fight].”

Tyron Woodley wants to fight Nate Diaz because it would make it closer to get the Payday fight against Conor McGregor. Thats it.

Last edited:
Why does he even want to fight Nate Diaz?

He should call out Nate Marquardt instead. I'm sure he's annoyed by that highlight reel.

Tyron Woodley wants to fight Nate Diaz because it would make im closer to get the Payday fight against Conor McGregor. Thats it.

I think you have that backwards. McNuggets aint' fighting T-Wood if he wins. They're hoping Nate can pull this off so they can set that fight up

So the ufc tries to make this fight.
Nate doesnt want to Fight for the title
Tyron says hell yeah, lets do it.

And tyron is the joke? Get outta here. Fuck casper gomez and fuck the fuckin diaz brothers.

Tyron needs to realize that Nate just doesn't give a fuck about him.

Nate isn't 'scared' or 'ducking' him, it's that Tyron is not a draw whatsoever and likely doesn't get Nate the kind of money he wants. Nate (as well as Nick) doesn't care about any belts and never has. If he actually did (care about the belt), he probably would've accepted this fight immediately but, he doesn't care about it, so he turned it down. It's not out of fear, it's most likely due to money. Conor is the biggest fight for him (and literally anybody in the sport) and they have to fight for a third time since they're 1-1 right now. Nate is definitely looking to retire very soon and is likely trying to get one more fight with Conor. He wants one more huge payday and then he's going to call it a career.

Tyron doesn't bring any of these things to the table. He has the belt, he has the title of being the #1 welterweight in the world and all that, but Nate doesn't care about that because he's a realist. He understands that money is the only thing that matters because in reality, it actually is the only thing that matters. The belt does not pay the bills, doesn't get you food, it doesn't do anything for you at all. If Nate fought Tyron, he'd be paid very well, but he would be paid much more against Conor and that's a fact. Nate doesn't want to miss out on a 3rd fight with Conor. He doesn't want to put that fight in jeopardy by fighting and losing to Tyron.

It's not because he's afraid of Tyron as an opponent, it's because he has a much bigger fight to look forward to in the future and that's just it. Tyron can talk as much shit as he wants right now but, unfortunately for him, Nate already turned it down and odds are he will not change his mind about it. Tyron should move on because I'm more than positive that Nate's made his final decision about this. He's waiting for Conor and for good reason. He can hate on Nate for doing this but he did the exact same fucking thing by waiting for a title shot he didn't actually deserve. Seriously, he beat guys that shouldn't even warrant you a title shot in the first place and bawled about getting a title shot for like a year and a half while 'ducking' all the other real contenders.

Tyron should shut his mouth when it comes to talking about anybody 'ducking' or being 'scared' or any shit like that because he did the same fucking thing himself. Only difference is that Nate isn't 'ducking', he's simply waiting for the best option to finally present itself and that's Conor. Money is the only thing that matters, as I already said. Nate knows that. This is a title fight (Nate/Tyron), but this is not the biggest and best option for him. He's doing the right thing by turning this fight down. Fuck the belt. It's all about dat paper.

Most importantly, fuck all the 'fans' that think 'legacy' and all that bullshit is more important than making a ton of money and retiring comfortably. That's why if these 'fans' were fighters, they'd retire with a busted up body and an empty bank account.

This would be a copy of Carlos run away fight with Nick

Relatively speaking TJ versus Demetrious is a bigger bully job than Woodley vs Diaz. At least Diaz is taller and probably will have a reach advantage.

DJ doesn't have a single size factor over TJ, and yet everybody went on a campaign to force DJ to fight TJ. LOL
Fight tj in his own weight class. You forgot that part. Is tj too big a 125 lber for the greatest 25er of all time?

I gotta be honest, now that Woodley eased up and stopped calling everyone racist, I like the dude. I can't disagree with anything he said and I actually kinda respect his analysis when he's on TV.

And for the record, I'm down with calling a spade a spade, or a racist a racist in this case, but not everyone is. That shit was too much.

Back