T.J. Dillashaw sends message to Demetrious Johnson: ‘Don’t be scared...let’s get this done’

Do you say this about every fight that drops weight? Bisping pathetic, drops to MW. DC, pathetic, drops to LHW, Machida, pathetic, drops to MW. BJ Penn, pathetic, drops to FW..... better yet.... .Mighty Mouse, drops to FLW, PATHETIC.

You don't like TJ, I get it but if you think MM is steamrolling TJ, you don't pay attention when TJ fights. TJ is better than every FLW DJ has beaten and it's not even arguable.

Joe B is DJ's best win and TJ would beat Joe's ass.

Well, no, because those guys wern't dropping and trying to use the champion in a lower weight class as a stepping stone to building their name. Bisping and DC and Lyoto etc. dropped and stayed in the division, made it their new home. TJ doesn't want to do that, he just wants to say, look, I'm better than Demetrious.

Well, no, because those guys wern't dropping and trying to use the champion in a lower weight class as a stepping stone to building their name. Bisping and DC and Lyoto etc. dropped and stayed in the division, made it their new home. TJ doesn't want to do that, he just wants to say, look, I'm better than Demetrious.
And that is perfectly fine. If he can make the weight then there is no issue. The last guy DJ fought had missed weight 3 out of his last 5 attempts...... The hypocrisy is real.

And that is perfectly fine. If he can make the weight then there is no issue. The last guy DJ fought had missed weight 3 out of his last 5 attempts...... The hypocrisy is real.

I've said before, I hope they do fight.

You dumbass. If TJ weighs in at 125 it is not a guy from the weight class above. You might as well call MM the guy who ran from 135 in that case. If MM can drop down, so can TJ.

There is no clear contender at 135 or 125 right now. Now is the time for this fight.
Jimmie Rivera? Cruz rematch? Moraes?

This should be MM's biggest payday ever. I'd love to see this fight.

Do you say this about every fight that drops weight? Bisping pathetic, drops to MW. DC, pathetic, drops to LHW, Machida, pathetic, drops to MW. BJ Penn, pathetic, drops to FW..... better yet.... .Mighty Mouse, drops to FLW, PATHETIC.

You don't like TJ, I get it but if you think MM is steamrolling TJ, you don't pay attention when TJ fights. TJ is better than every FLW DJ has beaten and it's not even arguable.

One question for you, Mr. Know-it-All (who doesn't understand weight classes), is TJ better than DODSON? That Dodson kid sounds a little "arguable", doesn't he?

DJ had no choice but to fight at BW despite being a Flyweight because there was no Flyweight division at the time. He dropped down because the UFC established a Flyweight division, which is clearly his natural weight class.

Styles make fights. What TJ has on the other BWs is speed. But he doesn't have that on a lot of the Flyweights. That is why Dodson beat him to the punch and finished TJ. DJ has taken bombs from Dodson, his chin is tested. TJ's best chance is to wrestle Mouse to a decision but mouse has very good conditioning and is much improved under Humes. He is hard to track down and dangerous to chase.

DJ had no choice but to fight at BW despite being a Flyweight because there was no Flyweight division at the time. He dropped down because the UFC established a Flyweight division, which is clearly his natural weight class.

Styles make fights. What TJ has on the other BWs is speed. But he doesn't have that on a lot of the Flyweights. That is why Dodson beat him to the punch and finished TJ. DJ has taken bombs from Dodson, his chin is tested. TJ's best chance is to wrestle Mouse to a decision but mouse has very good conditioning and is much improved under Humes. He is hard to track down and dangerous to chase.

Dodson beat him to the punch because TJ had no clue how to strike. Lineker beat Dodson and TJ made Lineker look like a bum standing and on the ground.

A fight from like 6 years ago is not relevant to today. TJ is better than every fighter DJ has beaten and it's really not even close. TJ would blast all those guys DJ has beaten over the past few years.

What TJ has on all those FLWs that DJ has beaten is better striking and better transitional wrestling from striking, along with more power than them all with the exception of Dodson but his striking is more diverse than Dodson's.

Dodson beat him to the punch because TJ had no clue how to strike. Lineker beat Dodson and TJ made Lineker look like a bum standing and on the ground.

A fight from like 6 years ago is not relevant to today. TJ is better than every fighter DJ has beaten and it's really not even close. TJ would blast all those guys DJ has beaten over the past few years.

What TJ has on all those FLWs that DJ has beaten is better striking and better transitional wrestling from striking, along with more power than them all with the exception of Dodson but his striking is more diverse than Dodson's.

We will have to wait and see. I think they are both more improved but DJ more so. I think people are underestimating DJ. Remember, Benevidez was the presumed future flyweight champion when the division was established. The Benevidez who took prime Cruz to a split decision. DJ beat him in the first but finished him quickly in their 2nd bout. He is much improved, I think it will show when he fights TJ. We will have to wait and see.

We will have to wait and see. I think they are both more improved but DJ more so. I think people are underestimating DJ. Remember, Benevidez was the presumed future flyweight champion when the division was established. The Benevidez who took prime Cruz to a split decision. DJ beat him in the first but finished him quickly in their 2nd bout. He is much improved, I think it will show when he fights TJ. We will have to wait and see.
I am not underestimating DJ at all and have already made posts saying he can beat TJ and it wouldn't surprise me if he did, which is why I don't think he should fight at 125 because 135 has better fighters and DJ is just as good as the top 135'ers.

I think many people underestimate how good TJ has become though. The majority of Sherdog thought Cody was gonna kill him and I almost called the finish to a tee. I said headkick would drop Cody and TJ would finish with strikes and it almost happened.

I am not underestimating DJ at all and have already made posts saying he can beat TJ and it wouldn't surprise me if he did, which is why I don't think he should fight at 125 because 135 has better fighters and DJ is just as good as the top 135'ers.

I think many people underestimate how good TJ has become though. The majority of Sherdog thought Cody was gonna kill him and I almost called the finish to a tee. I said headkick would drop Cody and TJ would finish with strikes and it almost happened.

I predicted TJ would KO Cody. I predicted Cody's arrogance would make him think he can walk throught TJ's shots, like he did Cruz. But TJ has KO power and that Cody would get caught because of this. That is exactly what happened.

Here is my prediction.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ress-conference.3648079/page-4#post-135339109

Last edited:
I predicted TJ would KO Cody. I predicted Cody's arrogance would make him think he can walk throught TJ's shots, like he did Cruz. But TJ has KO power and that Cody would get caught because of this. That is exactly what happened.

Here is my prediction.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ress-conference.3648079/page-4#post-135339109
Good stuff.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/u...s-holdsworth-incident.3621799/#post-133973391

I think TJ/DJ is a fantastic fight. I believe that TJ has been fighting the better fighters over the last few years which I believe may give him an edge. I think TJ is a pretty big step up from what DJ has been fighting lately and it could hurt him in the end but he also hasn't taken the damage TJ has over the years which I assume only benefits him.

Both guys are still great fighters, regardless of who wins or loses. Not a fan of DJ really but I do respect his fighting ability.

I will leave you with this little tidbit.... Notice no minimum?
2. Weight Divisions
Return to Top

Except with the approval of the Commission, or its executive director, the classes for mixed martial arts contests or exhibitions and the weights for each class shall be:

Strawweight up to 115 pounds
Flyweight over 115 pounds to 125
Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Women's Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Featherweight over 135 to 145 pounds
Lightweight over 145 to 155 pounds
Welterweight over 155 to 170 pounds
Middleweight over 170 to 185 pounds
Light Heavyweight over 185 to 205 pounds
Heavyweight over 205 to 265 pounds
Super Heavyweight over 265 pounds

Again you've proven nothing. The wording is right there in the paragraph above the breakdown. As for the no minimum for strawweight its the same reason there is no maximum for superheavy, because there are no classes existing below or above.

Again it all comes down to the sanctioning bodies discretion, unless otherwise approved there is a minimum and a maximum for each class but the highest and lowest.

As soon as someone is out of those criteria though the bout becomes a catchweight fight meaning no title is on the line which is why DJ and TJ can't fight for both belts to get back to the original point of all this.

Again you've proven nothing. The wording is right there in the paragraph above the breakdown. As for the no minimum for strawweight its the same reason there is no maximum for superheavy, because there are no classes existing below or above.

Again it all comes down to the sanctioning bodies discretion, unless otherwise approved there is a minimum and a maximum for each class but the highest and lowest.

As soon as someone is out of those criteria though the bout becomes a catchweight fight meaning no title is on the line which is why DJ and TJ can't fight for both belts to get back to the original point of all this.
You are a dense one, now, aren't you. There is no minimum weight expressed or implied in any of the rules. This is FACT not assumption. I have provided you with everything you need to realize this but you are only intent on "not losing a debate". You have thrown all common sense out of the window in your attempt to "win". Read the rules AGAIN and show me the exact wording that states you can't weigh more than 10lbs below the maximum limit. I have asked you throughout this discussion to demonstrate that and you have not been able to. Saying "that's crazy" or "everybody knows" or "it's understood" are not valid arguments. Just read the damned rules.

Back