T.J. Dillashaw sends message to Demetrious Johnson: ‘Don’t be scared...let’s get this done’

Tj talks like a fcn snake to. That guy has a sneaky rhetoric.
Tj shoult try to fight Holloway but i think this guy wants to be the taller guy in the ocagon.... hes a sneaky guy.

Kay I read it. Still don't see were it says anything about fighters being able to fight for a title in whatever weightclass they choose as long as they don't exceed the maximum weight. Classes are clearly listed with a minimum and maximum weight.

I have no issue admitting I'm wrong if you can actually show me were in the rules it states what you say but at the end of the day we both know no commission will ever sanction title fights were a fighter weighs in below the stated weight class so this whole thing is a moot point based on semantics, that's the only thing I'm arguing here.

Provide me with the exact rules or we can call a spade a spade and agree this whole thing is based on interpretation.
I don't know what is going on here but I feel like I'm in crazy-land. The rules, if you read them, CLEARLY STATE that you cannot weigh MORE than the upper limit. The lower number is set so that you know when you've left the division below because, apparently, some people can't figure out that over 125 means 126. So, I ask you, if the rules state you can't weigh MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM LIMIT for a title fight, why doesn't it say that you can't WEIGH LESS? I'll help you with the answer, and it is not "semantics".... it is because there IS NO RULE AS TO MINIMUM WEIGHT.

They absolutely have minimums. What are you talking about? lol it's been shown 1000s of times.

The BW class is 126-135 with a 1lb allowance for non-title fights.......
Sherdog is getting "slow" on me... the rules CLEARLY STATE that you can't weigh MORE than the maximum weight limit for the class to fight for a title. It DOES NOT state that you can't weigh below the minimum. Read people... READ!

This fight is dumb. Should only happen at 135. Nothing else.

Why? MM don't fight @135, MM ain't calling out TJ, so TJ calls out MM and MM is suppose to come up and fight TJ at his weight letting TJ off the hook to make a healthy and strong little bird weight of 125..?

3pX7A8p.gif

Why? MM don't fight @135, MM ain't calling out TJ, so TJ calls out MM and MM is suppose to come up and fight TJ at his weight letting TJ off the hook to make a healthy and strong little bird weight of 125..?

3pX7A8p.gif
Well. Dana should tell dj his next fight is tj. But he should give dj the decision of whether its a defense of 125, or chance to be two div champ at 135.

I'll never understand why DJ gets so much shit for not wanting to fight a guy from the weight class above.

I have no issue if he doesn't want to fight TJ at catch weight. With Tj coming down to 125 though? It makes no sense not to accept the fight. Could you imagine Aldo ducking Edgar when Edgar was LW champ? It's ridiculous.

Sherdog is getting "slow" on me... the rules CLEARLY STATE that you can't weigh MORE than the maximum weight limit for the class to fight for a title. It DOES NOT state that you can't weigh below the minimum. Read people... READ!

You're "over-simplifying" it. I didn't read these rules you speak of, but they probably don't address, explicitly, a minimum weight, because the weight is defined by the division. You can't be under the weight division's stated weight parameters, or you will not be fighting. You show up to a welterweight title fight weigh-in and tip the scale at 154 pounds, I don't think the commission is clearing you to fight.

Well. Dana should tell dj his next fight is tj. But he should give dj the decision of whether its a defense of 125, or chance to be two div champ at 135.

Dana got no business telling any champ who to fight, when he has a faux champ @LW who ain't defend sh!t and is currently very disputed with a co-champ in his division, he needz to address that before messing with DJ...

You're "over-simplifying" it. I didn't read these rules you speak of, but they probably don't address, explicitly, a minimum weight, because the weight is defined by the division. You can't be under the weight division's stated weight parameters, or you will not be fighting. You show up to a welterweight title fight weigh-in and tip the scale at 154 pounds, I don't think the commission is clearing you to fight.
You see, "you think" or "don't believe" are the phrases that completely nullify the argument. The reason you see the minimum and maximum is because some really "slow" people don't understand that one pound, over the limit, pushes you to the next weight class. I will "cut and paste" for you so that you may take a look at a PECULIAR detail that is left out.... A MINIMUM FOR THE STRAWEIGHT DIVISION. Curious, no? Why do you think they left that out?

2. Weight Divisions
Return to Top

Except with the approval of the Commission, or its executive director, the classes for mixed martial arts contests or exhibitions and the weights for each class shall be:

Strawweight up to 115 pounds

Flyweight over 115 pounds to 125
Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Women's Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Featherweight over 135 to 145 pounds
Lightweight over 145 to 155 pounds
Welterweight over 155 to 170 pounds
Middleweight over 170 to 185 pounds
Light Heavyweight over 185 to 205 pounds
Heavyweight over 205 to 265 pounds
Super Heavyweight over 265 pounds

Kay I read it. Still don't see were it says anything about fighters being able to fight for a title in whatever weightclass they choose as long as they don't exceed the maximum weight. Classes are clearly listed with a minimum and maximum weight.

I have no issue admitting I'm wrong if you can actually show me were in the rules it states what you say but at the end of the day we both know no commission will ever sanction title fights were a fighter weighs in below the stated weight class so this whole thing is a moot point based on semantics, that's the only thing I'm arguing here.

Provide me with the exact rules or we can call a spade a spade and agree this whole thing is based on interpretation.
I will leave you with this little tidbit.... Notice no minimum?
2. Weight Divisions
Return to Top

Except with the approval of the Commission, or its executive director, the classes for mixed martial arts contests or exhibitions and the weights for each class shall be:

Strawweight up to 115 pounds
Flyweight over 115 pounds to 125
Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Women's Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Featherweight over 135 to 145 pounds
Lightweight over 145 to 155 pounds
Welterweight over 155 to 170 pounds
Middleweight over 170 to 185 pounds
Light Heavyweight over 185 to 205 pounds
Heavyweight over 205 to 265 pounds
Super Heavyweight over 265 pounds

I'll never understand why DJ gets so much shit for not wanting to fight a guy from the weight class above.

TJ needs to focus on stabilizing himself as champion before he starts chasing superfights.

A few more defenses and this would be huge.

You dumbass. If TJ weighs in at 125 it is not a guy from the weight class above. You might as well call MM the guy who ran from 135 in that case. If MM can drop down, so can TJ.

There is no clear contender at 135 or 125 right now. Now is the time for this fight.

Last edited:
There's no such rule u stupid... U can come in 100 pounds and they would still sanction it

Pretty interesting that the Twitch streaming nerd fighter has the dumbest fans on Sherdog. Maybe they're all just 9 years old, and have every reason to identify with him.

Even Cejudo wants this fight, if 125 remains an echo chamber, it won't get the respect it should have. A fight with TJ would make people care about the 125lb division again.

Its mean to TJ because I told you, MM murks his ass at 125. I hope it happens just so you can see it.

Wouldn't that make it huge for TJ to win since he will be the underdog with all the fans betting on MM to "murk" TJ, even though he doesn't "Murk" guys significantly worse than TJ.....???

Wouldn't that make it huge for TJ to win since he will be the underdog with all the fans betting on MM to "murk" TJ, even though he doesn't "Murk" guys significantly worse than TJ.....???

MM is at his peak right now. He's 27-2 with his last loss being to Dom in 2011. MM has finished 4 of his last 6 opponents. Nobody should be shocked when he beats up TJ. So yes, it would be a big win for TJ but he's pathetic wanting to go down in weight. It would be more impressive if he started a feud with Max Holloway but I can guarantee you he doesn't want any part of that.

Dana got no business telling any champ who to fight, when he has a faux champ @LW who ain't defend sh!t and is currently very disputed with a co-champ in his division, he needz to address that before messing with DJ...
Makes sense. Dj also has reasons to stay champ as long as possible. I read an interview where he says by the time he retires he wants to have 1 million in the bank????

The champ with the most title defenses in a row doesnt have a mill in the bank? Damn son.

MM is at his peak right now. He's 27-2 with his last loss being to Dom in 2011. MM has finished 4 of his last 6 opponents. Nobody should be shocked when he beats up TJ. So yes, it would be a big win for TJ but he's pathetic wanting to go down in weight. It would be more impressive if he started a feud with Max Holloway but I can guarantee you he doesn't want any part of that.
Do you say this about every fight that drops weight? Bisping pathetic, drops to MW. DC, pathetic, drops to LHW, Machida, pathetic, drops to MW. BJ Penn, pathetic, drops to FW..... better yet.... .Mighty Mouse, drops to FLW, PATHETIC.

You don't like TJ, I get it but if you think MM is steamrolling TJ, you don't pay attention when TJ fights. TJ is better than every FLW DJ has beaten and it's not even arguable.

Joe B is DJ's best win and TJ would beat Joe's ass.

Back