T.J. Dillashaw sends message to Demetrious Johnson: ‘Don’t be scared...let’s get this done’

MM will win. TJ, Dana and the UFC think this is the way they can get rid of DJ and the flyweight division but it will back fire on them. After TJ losses to TJ he will come back and lose to Garbrandt or Moraes

TJ ducking Rivera. fkn hypocrite.

TJ vs DJ is the only fight I'm interested in watching DJ fight

MM will win. TJ, Dana and the UFC think this is the way they can get rid of DJ and the flyweight division but it will back fire on them. After TJ losses to TJ he will come back and lose to Garbrandt or Moraes

Why would TJ fight Cody upon returning?

Cody needs to win a few fights first.

I'll never understand why DJ gets so much shit for not wanting to fight a guy from the weight class above.

TJ needs to focus on stabilizing himself as champion before he starts chasing superfights.

A few more defenses and this would be huge.

Because he wouldn't be; TJ admittedly walks around at barely 150 lbs, and that's after powerlifting when not in fight camp just to keep enough size on to compete at BW. TJ would be weighing in at 125, same as MM, and would be smaller than multiple opponents DJ has faced in the past, Borg being a good example.

There's no current contender at 125 who DJ hasn't already beaten decisively and/or multiple times already that has any kind of argument for getting, let alone winning, a title fight with him. That's why it's undeniable that TJ would be a tough, interesting, new and exciting/risky challenge for MM. DJ and his camp know this and are going out of their way to avoid and stall on making this fight because of it; THAT is why DJ is rightfully getting shit for it.

By the time this fight is made Cody would have fought already. I don't think TJ beats Cody a second time.

I don't think Cody even makes it to a title shot with TJ again.

If he does, TJ beats him again. Easier.

TJ is one of the greatest talents we've ever had the privilege to witness. And he is so underappreciated.

Soon you will be forced to accept his greatness.

Same with MW at Anderson's time, LHW with only 3 legit contenders the last few years and HW that has like 5 fighters.
Anderson's last title defense was against Weidman, who is/was 10x more legit than guys like Ray Borg....

I don't totally disagree with you though.

You really aren't comprehending this Anything up to 135lbs can be a bantam weight lol.

Classes have upper limits and no minimums haha. Mighty mouse could fight for the HW belt if he could get it sanctioned lmao.
They absolutely have minimums. What are you talking about? lol it's been shown 1000s of times.

The BW class is 126-135 with a 1lb allowance for non-title fights.......

I want to see the fight happen, but damn, where is this dude gonna find 10 more lbs to cut?
hi-res-a6b54b355f50071ee49b3b5e442387f1_crop_north.jpg

Anderson's last title defense was against Weidman, who is/was 10x more legit than guys like Ray Borg....

I don't totally disagree with you though.

Well Joseph Benavidez, Dodson and Cejudo are as legit as Chris IMO. MW right now only has 5-7 top MWs as well.
It's just MM is so much better than the rest.

Why do larger fighters pick fights with smaller ones? I just don’t understand it. If you want to test yourself that’s fine but you go up not down. It’s a cheap move to call out smaller fighters.

Why do larger fighters pick fights with smaller ones? I just don’t understand it. If you want to test yourself that’s fine but you go up not down. It’s a cheap move to call out smaller fighters.

Do you have ADD? You answered your own question. That being said, this is not the case with T.J, there's not a huge size difference between them, its not like Werdum beefing with the upper manlet division.

Their walk around weight is probably just a few k.g apart.

Do you have ADD? You answered your own question. That being said, this is not the case with T.J, there's not a huge size difference between them, its not like Werdum beefing with the upper manlet division.

Then he cuts to 125 and fights there. Can he make that cut? If so then there you go. How did I answer my own question? Larger fighters should go up if they want a challenge not down. It has gotten pathetic.

The difference for TJ to go up to FW is +11 cm for Max Holloway. TJ is 1cm shorter than Jose Aldo who just fought him.

When TJ goes down to fight MM there will be a 9 cm difference in heigh. Extremely comparable to going up. The height has nothing to do with anything. TJ could be a FW easily if he wanted, considering Jose Aldo was a FW great at 1cm taller.

Look, would you just PLEASE read the unified rules? Arguing with you is a hopeless cause. You are clinging to your "guns and jesus" and won't admit that you are wrong because of your pride. They WON'T let a HW come down but they WILL LET A FLW go up, if he wants. The funny part here is that you KNOW you are wrong and can't admit it. It doesn't matter, I know the rules and so does anyone else who has followed this post and read them. Why you WON'T read them, I don't know.

Kay I read it. Still don't see were it says anything about fighters being able to fight for a title in whatever weightclass they choose as long as they don't exceed the maximum weight. Classes are clearly listed with a minimum and maximum weight.

I have no issue admitting I'm wrong if you can actually show me were in the rules it states what you say but at the end of the day we both know no commission will ever sanction title fights were a fighter weighs in below the stated weight class so this whole thing is a moot point based on semantics, that's the only thing I'm arguing here.

Provide me with the exact rules or we can call a spade a spade and agree this whole thing is based on interpretation.

I wanna see a smaller guy calling out the champ ABOVE his usual weight class, not the other way around.

Bisping
TJ
Conor

Back