T.J. Dillashaw is one of the greatest fighters ever(And the most underrated)

LOL you were the first one to use MMAth here, and when your argument is used against you you want to dismiss it? That is priceless.

Fedor was almost brutally finished on multiple occasions against lesser fighters and arguably lost to a MW named Ricardo Arona during those "10 years of losing no rounds". That's not gonna excuse the fact that he has very few title defenses when he was the champ for years(Another argument you've abandoned by now).

Absolutely it does when those few big wins(won in that manner) are against some of the absolute best fighters to ever fight in that weight class. Pretty much the only thing missing in TJ's amazing career is an official win over Cruz. Most already believe he beat him and TJ has proven to be a better fighter by now.

Whatever you say bud.

I'm not going to continue in circles with you. TJ is nowhere near Fedor's accomplishments, and he is not an all time great. Maybe he will be, we shall see. Merry Christmas.

No you can't. You'll be mentioning guys who have been beaten, sometimes brutally, multiple times in their primes. The only stain(if you can even call it that) on TJ since he hit his prime is a very close decision loss against the GOAT of the weightclass in a highly technical fight that could have easily been scored for him.

Having KO wins over Barao and Cody is basicely saying a fighter has knocked out 2 of the top 5 best fighters ever in his weightclass.

sure I can name 10 who I would rank ahead of TJ:

GSP, Silva, Jones, Fedor, Aldo, DJ, Hughes, Big Nog, DC, and Cruz.

who cares if someone has lost, even brutally? Referring to someone as one the greatest of all time doesn't require someone to be undefeated.

FWIW, I think TJ has fewer title defenses than everyone on that list, except DC and Big Nog?

like I said...TJ is nowhere near done...he could very well rise to top 10 GOAT status. IMHO it is just premature to include him now.

Whatever you say bud.

I'm not going to continue in circles with you. TJ is nowhere near Fedor's accomplishments, and he is not an all time great. Maybe he will be, we shall see. Merry Christmas.

I wasn't comparing his to Fedor's , I was using Fedor's career trajectory as an example that your argument about title defenses is meaningless.

I don’t see why people dislike this guy. Always pushes himself to be the best he can be, left a gym to follow a coach he trains well with. He isn’t the first to do this, so why does he get so much stick? A well rounded fighter who wiped out most of the contenders, got a title shot, got dropped then came back to win by ko. Has all the makings to be a fan favourite yet he is despised by many, Can some explain why ?

who cares if someone has lost, even brutally? Referring to someone as one the greatest of all time doesn't require someone to be undefeated.

Who cares if someone has lost? Someone who needs it to be meaningless so his argument isn't countered. If you're fighting the best fighters of your era, it kinda matters a lot when you don't lose to any of them. TJ is arguably undefeated in his prime and has proven to be a better fighter than 3 guys who are all top 5 of the greatest fighters that ever fought in that weightclass. Title defenses? TJ has one less title defense than Fedor who is sherdog's all time fav.

Cormier is great but got thoroughly beaten twice by Jones, he was never the best guy at HW or LHW. Aldo was brutally beaten in his prime by the two best fighters he ever fought. I don't mind Cruz being ahead at this point in time. DJ??? Lol I don't even need to go into that nonsense. Hughes and Nog are tricky because despite their great resumes they did lose so many times in their primes.

Barely half of your list qualifies.

I was impressed with TJ from TUF and he has the mindset of a champion. Was surprise he didnt attack Dominicks legs from the opening bell though.

5UpC9W2.gif
and tj wants to fight mm
<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

and tj wants to fight mm
<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
At this point in time MM got tossed around by Cruz like a little bitch in one of the worst one sided beat downs to ever be delivered by a point fighter.

this

the guy has 2 fuckin title defenses in a division people have called trash for years (i dont think it is, i think its amazing) and aside from Barao who was legit one of the best p4p fighters at the time, he has a win over Cody, the only other elite fighter he's beat.

TJ isnt Conor, wait til he defense his title a couple times, then we will know.

Based on current progress, he is one of the best.

It's never going to stop...people want an excuse to argue online about people they don't know and who don't give a shit about them lol.
RJJ was in all the GOAT talks after his win against Ruiz... Since then...
Same for Ken...

Years lay off Cruz outwrestle and outstruck tj.thats fact

It's ok if you don't fully remember. If you watch again closely and come back with the same conclusion I suggest you watch another sport that keeps your attention better.

Or did Cruz's dancing hypnotize you?

Cruz's take downs? Please watch again and tell me how long TJ was on the ground for?

And if you will also notice, Cruz only went for takedowns later in the rounds simply because he was losing the stand-up.

Cruz was broken by the start of the 5th. He wanted out of that fight bad. TJ could have gone another 5.

Only one judge had it correct. 49-46 Dillashaw.

Cruz barely won round 1. That's it.

I blame that stupid beef Cody milked, otherwise TJ would be praised so much more like he deserves.

I remember what an underdog he was when he did this to an absolute killer at the time and some said p4p best(unbeaten for nearly a decade Renan Barao who was destroying everyone).
dillashaw1.gif

tumblr_ns3f6zPNxq1uymb4eo5_400.gif

In my opinion he beat Cruz in their big fight, but regardless it was possibly the most technical MMA fight ever and TJ could have been given the win against the GOAT of the weightclass who was still prime at the time.

Then he did this to the guy who humiliated Cruz, becoming one of the only fighters to ever win the title back:
T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

Another extremely technical performance. And he got up off the canvas to come back with a KO win. I never understand why MMA fans don't realise how amazing it is when a fighter does that. Boxing fans appriciate it way more.

That's my argument. He's got some of the biggest wins ever, is one of the most talented, technical and well-rounded fighters ever and he's still going strong. He's easily top 10 GOAT.
So winning a title and having 0 defenses makes you a goat?

This is a sad era of mma fans.

Who cares if someone has lost? Someone who needs it to be meaningless so his argument isn't countered. TJ is arguably undefeated in his prime and has proven to be a better fighter than 3 guys who are all top 5 of the greatest fighters that ever fought in that weightclass. Title defenses? TJ has one less title defense than Fedor who is sherdog's all time fav.

Cormier is great but got thoroughly beaten twice by Jones, he was never the best guy at HW or LHW. Aldo was brutally beaten in his prime by the two best fighters he ever fought. I don't mind Cruz being ahead at this point in time. DJ??? Lol I don't even need to go into that nonsense. Hughes and Nog are tricky because despite their great resumes they did lose so many times in their primes.

Barely half of your list qualifies.

you single out Fedor to dispute the title defense point...yet can say nothing to say about GSP, Aldo, Silva, Hughes, Cruz, and DJ in that regard.

and what is this 'arguably undefeated' nonsense when TJ is 15-3 and got KTFO by Dodson? you know who was 'arguably' undefeated? Fedor, when he just had that lame cut stoppage...Jones, with the weak DQ loss to Hamill.

you also ignore overall quality of competition, which is rather important when comparing records, especially between divisions. by your ridiculous logic, I suppose Khabib's 18-0 is more impressive than GSP's 26-2? NOT EVEN CLOSE. I would argue TJ's record is inferior to several people on that list, by this criterion.

when someone is a clear #2 to a GOAT candidate, it doesn't disqualify them from top 10 GOAT status. They could even be #2 on a GOAT list, depending on other relevant criteria.

losses can simply mean people were consistently fighting top tier competition or perhaps that they hung around too long. Hell, maybe they had an off night...an off night doesn't discount their entire career...well, it does for some shit 'fans' around here.

TJ is great...but #1 or #2 all-time? um...he isn't even #1 all-time in his own division lol

this

the guy has 2 fuckin title defenses in a division people have called trash for years (i dont think it is, i think its amazing) and aside from Barao who was legit one of the best p4p fighters at the time, he has a win over Cody, the only other elite fighter he's beat.
Pakman at it again lol <Lmaoo>

you single out Fedor to dispute the title defense point...yet can say nothing to say about GSP, Aldo, Silva, Hughes, Cruz, and DJ in that regard.

I acknowledged that 3 of those names are above TJ. I've said plenty about the other names. In fact it makes my argument stronger as well, DJ the ultimate can crusher and ducker of the elite, has many many title defenses yet one of the worst resumes you'll ever see at this level.

and what is this 'arguably undefeated' nonsense when TJ is 15-3 and got KTFO by Dodson? you know who was 'arguably' undefeated? Fedor, when he just had that lame cut stoppage...Jones, with the weak DQ loss to Hamill.

Learn how to read. I said arguably undefeated in his prime. The early stoppage vs Dodson and close points loss later were before his prime.
Fighters like Aldo, DC, Hughes, Nog got tooled several times in their absolute primes.

you also ignore overall quality of competition, which is rather important when comparing records, especially between divisions. by your ridiculous logic, I suppose Khabib's 18-0 is more impressive than GSP's 26-2? NOT EVEN CLOSE. I would argue TJ's record is inferior to several people on that list, by this criterion.

If we're only looking at wins? Yes.

You'd love it to be that black and white wouldn't you you little rascal? Too bad, because TJ never clearly losing in his prime is a huge thing he has over guys who lost all the time in their primes.

when someone is a clear #2 to a GOAT candidate, it doesn't disqualify them from top 10 GOAT status. They could even be #2 on a GOAT list, depending on other relevant criteria.

TJ has clearly been the best BW in the world for almost 3 years. You don't think that's an advantage over DC who has never been the best in any weightclass?

losses can simply mean people were consistently fighting top tier competition or perhaps that they hung around too long. Hell, maybe they had an off night...an off night doesn't discount their entire career...well, it does for some shit 'fans' around here.

TJ is great...but #1 or #2 all-time? um...he isn't even #1 all-time in his own division lol

Or it can mean they're not as great as you thought they were. Oh an off night? How convenient, how come that can happen to your guys but for TJ every loss(he has far less than almost any of the guys in your list) he had is something you use to tear him down? Your BS is easily exposed.

Never said TJ is #1 or #2. I said easily top 10, which does in fact make him one of the best fighters to ever live.

It's ok if you don't fully remember. If you watch again closely and come back with the same conclusion I suggest you watch another sport that keeps your attention better.

Or did Cruz's dancing hypnotize you?

Cruz's take downs? Please watch again and tell me how long TJ was on the ground for?

And if you will also notice, Cruz only went for takedowns later in the rounds simply because he was losing the stand-up.

Cruz was broken by the start of the 5th. He wanted out of that fight bad. TJ could have gone another 5.

Only one judge had it correct. 49-46 Dillashaw.

Cruz barely won round 1. That's it.
Stats don't agree with you
http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-boston-2016

Years lay off Cruz outwrestle and outstruck tj.thats fact

Tj landed slightly more shots. That's a fact.

He did however miss vastly more.

If you listen to his corner it was actually his game plan. Basically do what Weidman did to Silva ie catch him late in the combo.

I scored it TJ but knew it was a coin flip as to who would win.

However any pretence of either guy clearly winning that fight is laughable (and that's being very diplomatic).

RJJ was in all the GOAT talks after his win against Ruiz... Since then...
Same for Ken...

Exactly. Getting together w the homies to watch all those prime RJJ fights were some of the best times in my life, and he was my favorite boxer to watch. Never even considered if he was/wasn't the GOAT. Just enjoyed the ride. That's how it should be, IMO.

Back