T City Proves GJJ is all marketing

Was at Pride GP 2000

Brown Belt
@purple
Reaction score
His jiu jitsu only works when his opponents are tired. They don't even do jiu jitsu at that academy. It's just a marketing scam.

What is the point of this thread?

The only notable guy to come out of Torrance in 20 years wins by submission and all of a sudden criticisms of Rorion and his sons and all their BS is invalid?

His jiu jitsu only works when his opponents are tired. They don't even do jiu jitsu at that academy. It's just a marketing scam.
I really don't know what you are referring to here. Please give a source. I've been off here for a minute.

I really don't know what you are referring to here. Please give a source. I've been off here for a minute.

He's fighting in the UFC.
Has 4(?) 3rd round wins by submission.

Ouch. Somebody is jealous cause the Gracies prove again and again effectiveness of GJJ.

Ouch. Somebody is jealous cause the Gracies prove again and again effectiveness of GJJ.

I think OP was being sarcastic. He is a noted Gracie nuthugger, and even trained at Torrance IIRC.

I mean the only difference between BJJ and GJJ is marketing...

But yes Ortega has very good jits...

Hopefully he is staying off the steroids, as well. Would be a shame if that derailed him again.

Last edited:

The only notable guy to come out of Torrance in 20 years wins by submission and all of a sudden criticisms of Rorion and his sons and all their BS is invalid?
They have several notable self defense guys. How does a self defense guy fight in the UFC?

I don't think anybody doubts the skill of Rener and Ryron as practitioners, instructors, and technicians. The marketing scam stuff is about the online blue belts, and the suggestion that everybody else is doing BJJ wrong if they don't follow the Gracie self defense curriculum. Ortega is clearly expertly coached, but don't pretend getting jabbed up and throwing bombs is somehow GJJ.

No, your whining is now valid as fuck. Cry away!

So GJJ = Kickboxing then.

The code's been cracked boys.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody doubts the skill of Rener and Ryron as practitioners, instructors, and technicians. The marketing scam stuff is about the online blue belts, and the suggestion that everybody else is doing BJJ wrong if they don't follow the Gracie self defense curriculum. Ortega is clearly expertly coached, but don't pretend getting jabbed up and throwing bombs is somehow GJJ.
Are online blue belts stI'll a thing or did those fade away like record players

Wow and I thought there was politics in the war room

Back