International Syria Conflict: Bombs away boys. (Israel openly admits to bombing Iranian bases in Syria)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the ruse of all it.

U.S military personnel with a base of operations inside a foreign sovereign nation that doesn't want them. Check

U.S military assets being used within a foreign sovereign nation to conduct intelligence gathering and the use of strategic military strikes unwanted by that foreign nation. Check

U.S military asserting diplomatic and militaristic options to topple, overthrow, and destroy a sovereign foreign nation. Check

But yeah we're not at war at all :rolleyes:
"Hostilities"
%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%AE-%CE%AD%CE%BA%CF%86%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%83%CE%B7-%CF%80%CE%BF%CF%85-%CE%BA%CE%AC%CE%BD%CE%B5-iot-15787160.jpg

I have family in Syria, people were tired of Assad regime and wanted renewal, they went to the streets for but they did not want to be used by other countries for it. Borders should be respected and using terrorists in a proxy war to me is a war crime.
Then as you well know labelling everyome who resists assad a terrorist is not just wrong but has dangerous implications for freedom everywhere

If my neighbor rapes someone, then I steal from him, I still committed a crime. The crimes of the Syrian regime do nothing to erase the fact that congress, and only congress, is allowed to authorize war or hostile actions. It was wrong when President Obama did it, and it's wrong now.
Id counter argue its much more wrong to sit in your house and do nothing if you can see your much smaller weaker neighbour strangle all his kids to death in their front yard

Id counter argue its much more wrong to sit in your house and do nothing if you can see your much smaller weaker neighbour strangle all his kids to death in their front yard

Lol, really? With a straight face, you can suggest Syria is our neighbor?

1. Syria's not your neighbour.
2. Given how America solves problems, those kids'd be safer if you let them be strangled than if you intervened on their behalf.
"Derp, better blow up those kids before that lunatic can strangle them!!"

Sigh ...so you are openly admitting to not being able to use google now?

Edit let me.help you
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/assad-oil-isis-2016-4

You seemed to be saying that Assad is an ally of ISIS because he buys oil from them...... his own oil and oil that he needs to run his country... something he wouldn't need to do if they hadn't taken over all of the oil fields.... and something they no longer do because Russia came in and killed them all.

2. Given how America solves problems, those kids'd be safer if you let them be strangled than if you intervened on their behalf.
"Derp, better blow up those kids before that lunatic can strangle them!!"

And i used to laugh at Team America's intro and how they caused so much more damage than a terrorist could as some sort of 80s action movie parody.

It seemed like a premonition for times to come.

And i used to laugh at Team America's intro and how they caused so much more damage than a terrorist could as some sort of 80s action movie parody.

It seemed like a premonition for times to come.

Give it 100 years and TA will be considered a contemporary (though understated) documentary of America's foreign policy.

Congress authorizes war
this isn’t a war
war
wôr/
noun
noun: war; plural noun: wars
  1. 1.
    a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.
    "Japan declared war on Germany"
    synonyms: conflict, warfare, combat, fighting, (military) action, bloodshed, struggle; More

antonyms: peace
    • a particular armed conflict.
      "after the war, they immigrated to America"
    • a state of competition, conflict, or hostility between different people or groups.
      "she was at war with her parents"
    • a sustained effort to deal with or end a particular unpleasant or undesirable situation or condition.
      "the authorities are waging war against all forms of smuggling"
      synonyms: campaign, crusade, battle, fight, struggle, movement, drive
      "the war against drugs"
verb
verb: war; 3rd person present: wars; past tense: warred; past participle: warred; gerund or present participle: warring
  1. 1.
    engage in a war.
    "small states warred against each other"
    synonyms: fight (against), battle (against), combat (against), wage war against, take up arms against; More

war
wôr/
noun
noun: war; plural noun: wars
  1. 1.
    a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.
    "Japan declared war on Germany"
    synonyms: conflict, warfare, combat, fighting, (military) action, bloodshed, struggle; More

antonyms: peace
    • a particular armed conflict.
      "after the war, they immigrated to America"
    • a state of competition, conflict, or hostility between different people or groups.
      "she was at war with her parents"
    • a sustained effort to deal with or end a particular unpleasant or undesirable situation or condition.
      "the authorities are waging war against all forms of smuggling"
      synonyms: campaign, crusade, battle, fight, struggle, movement, drive
      "the war against drugs"
verb
verb: war; 3rd person present: wars; past tense: warred; past participle: warred; gerund or present participle: warring
  1. 1.
    engage in a war.
    "small states warred against each other"
    synonyms: fight (against), battle (against), combat (against), wage war against, take up arms against; More

Wür!!!

So, with the dust settled, it looks like another completely useless strike by the US. This attack achieved absolutely 0 outside of wiping out civil infrastructure that was allegedly involved in an alleged attack. Probably only carried out because Trump painted himself into a corner on twitter.

(If they knew these buildings were involved in the production of chemical weapons why not just demand an OPCW inspection? Because the inspectors were/are already going there..)

right so I guess you don't want to come over to EUROPE anymore then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back