International Syria Conflict: Bombs away boys. (Israel openly admits to bombing Iranian bases in Syria)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woof.

Thats scary.

How do you know that?

With all the machete crimes, rapes, brawling.

Not to mention planned terrorist attacks in time of peace.

More wide scale war in their homeland or Israel would only escalate these things. In my opinion anyways.

With all the machete crimes, rapes, brawling.

Not to mention planned terrorist attacks in time of peace.

More wide scale war in their homeland or Israel would only escalate these things. In my opinion anyways.

I see what you are saying.

I think you are right.

Last edited:
I think what we are seeing is the beginning of a major air offensive. I think we could even see gulf state and Israeli troops invade syria.

This will all just be a pre-amble to extending the war to Iran, which was the real goal of destabilizing syria, and the whole ME.

It's really public opinion which drives wars such as this. Generally-speaking, the government (in America's case) is never shy about starting a war. Their starting position, seemingly, in every such case, is that they want to escalate a conflict into war. But the public opinion prevents them from exploring that option further. They still have to win the next election (which is why Trump's 2nd term will be infinitely more dangerous than the first).

The reason why America was able to run its Iraq campaigns, is because of the overwhelmingly positive public opinion towards war, at that time, post-9/11. That's not the case today. Going face first into Syria and getting bogged down, is not an option for Trump, or Macron, or May, if they want to be elected again.

As long as the people will continue to lose their shit over pictures of dead kids, they will always be fighting foreign wars, forever. That's just the reality of it. The bright spot about all this is that a lot of people were able to stick to their guns, about their anti-war stance. Something that wouldn't have been happening, a couple of decades ago. People are learning.

this cant be true. Some Americans say this i see but it just way to deflect critisim of your own government and military complex. Was it israel fault you guys empowered psycho fascists in latin america? etc i think you need to maybe realize that your own government has it own

No, but just like I understand why Russia doesn't like NATO on its boarder, I understand why we didn't want communist friendly nations on ours. Was that moral? Probably not, but you can make a legit argument that it was in American interest.

When I point to Israel, it is because it is in their interest, and only their interest, that we are involved in Syria.

I don't think we would have invaded Iraq without Israeli interests being involved.

When you hear about warhawks like Bolton and Haley, what isn't said, is that these are Israeli warhawk's. That they beat the drums of war for Israel's enemies, not US rivals.

I'm willing to compromise by taking care of the international court case later, but I won't budge on the requirement for Congress to authorize any attack(although I'd expect duty-bound Congressmen or women to require the aforementioned conviction before authorizing any use of force).
Congress authorizes war
this isn’t a war

I did not imply that, I meant is even if that was the case does it give EU/US the right to fund terrorists groups or wage further war and kill thousands?

If the concern was real US/EU would use diplomacy. But it seems Israel is crazy on diminishing Iran power and get to war with both countries to ensure their future.
They are using chemical weapons
So they are stopping that
No war

It's really public opinion which drives wars such as this. Generally-speaking, the government (in America's case) is never shy about starting a war. Their starting position, seemingly, in every such case, is that they want to escalate a conflict into war. But the public opinion prevents them from exploring that option further. They still have to win the next election (which is why Trump's 2nd term will be infinitely more dangerous than the first).

The reason why America was able to run its Iraq campaigns, is because of the overwhelmingly positive public opinion towards war, at that time, post-9/11. That's not the case today. Going face first into Syria and getting bogged down, is not an option for Trump, or Macron, or May, if they want to be elected again.

As long as the people will continue to lose their shit over pictures of dead kids, they will always be fighting foreign wars, forever. That's just the reality of it. The bright spot about all this is that a lot of people were able to stick to their guns, about their anti-war stance. Something that wouldn't have been happening, a couple of decades ago. People are learning.

I think I worry that if those of us that understand what is happening, don't scream loud enough, that the low info masses might just remain silent.

When I tell people that I think the chemical weapons attack is bogus, more times then not, I get a shocked response.

No, but just like I understand why Russia doesn't like NATO on its boarder, I understand why we didn't want communist friendly nations on ours. Was that moral? Probably not, but you can make a legit argument that it was in American interest.

When I point to Israel, it is because it is in their interest, and only their interest, that we are involved in Syria.

I don't think we would have invaded Iraq without Israeli interests being involved.

When you hear about warhawks like Bolton and Haley, what isn't said, is that these are Israeli warhawk's. That they beat the drums of war for Israel's enemies, not US rivals.

you guys in latin america was and is bullshit. I agree cricling russia is garbage and should not be done. those sick fucks next probably want regime change in russia and missile defense in Ukraine!! let not forget that russia tried to join eu, join nato, and work with US after USSR collapsed but the Americans rejected russia and instead bill clinton and your other elitist leaders bragged about influecing russian politics and western banks helped loot russia wealth! with imf approval!

i think the case can be made that iran and north korea are threats to american dominance and there allies in the region. But can agree that syria is not threat to the US there military is weak now, the air force is shit. Iran though could hit your allies with weapons and north korea can now hit california and could destroy seoul with artillery. Even if you first striked NK and took out there military the artilley alone is to hard to stop that seoul would have lot of death.

I think I worry that if those of us that understand what is happening, don't scream loud enough, that the low info masses might just remain silent.

When I tell people that I think the chemical weapons attack is bogus, more times then not, I get a shocked response.

It doesn't really matter if it was bogus or not. People should ask themselves the question, about whether it's all worth it, even if it is completely and undeniably legitimate. That's the hard question.

It's not something that the average guy on the street will have answers to. But he's going to need to start asking himself those questions, unless he wants to be stuck in a loop forever. Humanity's not running out of its capacity for cruelty, any time soon. Not all acts of cruelty can be answered with equal justice. We've got to become more vigilant about what acts of inhuman barbarity are being spotlighted for us to see, and what for?

Nobody gives much of a shit about the brutality going on in Yemen, for example. There's no keen interest in making the criminals there, answer for their crimes. Only Assad. There has got to be a reason for that.

It doesn't really matter if it was bogus or not. People should ask themselves the question, about whether it's all worth it, even if it is completely and undeniably legitimate. That's the hard question.

It's not something that the average guy on the street will have answers to. But he's going to need to start asking himself those questions, unless he wants to be stuck in a loop forever. Humanity's not running out of its capacity for cruelty, any time soon. Not all acts of cruelty can be answered with equal justice. We've got to become more vigilant about what acts of inhuman barbarity are being spotlighted for us to see, and what for?

Nobody gives much of a shit about the brutality going on in Yemen, for example. There's no keen interest in making the criminals there, answer for their crimes. Only Assad. There has got to be a reason for that.

True enough, but I could liken it to our current trade agreements. It doesn't matter if it all blows up in our faces, if they have already committed us past a point of no return, by the time the consequences become apparent.

you guys in latin america was and is bullshit. I agree cricling russia is garbage and should not be done. those sick fucks next probably want regime change in russia and missile defense in Ukraine!! let not forget that russia tried to join eu, join nato, and work with US after USSR collapsed but the Americans rejected russia and instead bill clinton and your other elitist leaders bragged about influecing russian politics and western banks helped loot russia wealth! with imf approval!

i think the case can be made that iran and north korea are threats to american dominance and there allies in the region. But can agree that syria is not threat to the US there military is weak now, the air force is shit. Iran though could hit your allies with weapons and north korea can now hit california and could destroy seoul with artillery. Even if you first striked NK and took out there military the artilley alone is to hard to stop that seoul would have lot of death.

A threat to US allies unprovoked is one thing.

Defending a ally that is the aggressor, and who actively lobbies the US government in some very questionable ways, to act as an aggressor for them, is a very different thing.

this cant be true. Some Americans say this i see but it just way to deflect critisim of your own government and military complex. Was it israel fault you guys empowered psycho fascists in latin america? etc i think you need to maybe realize that your own government has it own

buddy im not murican lol

Yas Queen, slay!

She is so beautiful and elegant, please Allah do not spill her blood. If she must pay for her husband's crimes let her be executed in the traditional Turco-Islamic custom of drowning, befitting a Queen like her.

Weird seeing an educated white woman with an English accent being the wife of an accused murderous dictator. Not often you see that
She was born and and raised in London but to two Syrian parents so she's full blooded Syrian. Some of them really look like that. Anyway Bashar wasn't supposed to become the dictator, his older brother was, so Bashar went to London to study ophthalmology and it was in the UK that they met. When Bashar's older brother died he was chosen to succeed his father she followed him back to Syria a few months after he returned.

One of the better first ladies of the region, definitely a better catch than Saddam's who was his first cousin.

She was born and and raised in London but to two Syrian parents so she's full blooded Syrian. Some of them really look like that. Anyway Bashar wasn't supposed to become the dictator, his older brother was, so Bashar went to London to study ophthalmology and it was in the UK that they met. When Bashar's older brother died he was chosen to succeed his father she followed him back to Syria a few months after he returned.

One of the better first ladies of the region, definitely a better catch than Saddam's who was his first cousin.
I personally find it odd that I'm told to hate highly educated western-raised people(who look white). Sort of a culture shock thing that just hit me- I don't recall any others that fit this description in my ~3 decades of life.

Interesting stuff nonetheless. Be real curious to see how any war crimes case unfolds given the Assad's backgrounds. I'd be shocked if at the very least Bashar's wife doesn't receive a ton of western sympathy.

And lol@Saddam

I can't speak as to whether it's over or not. It's probably in everybody's best interests if it was. There are some circles that don't want the war to be over, certainly. There are some high profile politicians and lobbyists who do legitimately believe in bringing about regime change, by force. But it's not in Trump's, or Macron's or May's interest to make it seem like they will get bogged down in another attempted regime change, after the disastrous Iraq/Libyan campaigns. Even if they are aligned with the agenda of escalating war in the Middle East, their personal success in politics will probably come first, if the negative response to any sort of further escalation is strong enough.

They will want to gauge the responses of the people very carefully, if they wish to be elected for another term. People can downplay it all they want to, but there's a fairly strong "anti-war" side to the modern American right, nowadays, frustrated with the military failures of the past 50 years. And it's not just purely about pandering to populist positions either. The people are simply losing their faith in the "military approach" which hasn't truly been effective since WW2. What have been the successes, since maybe Japan, or Korea? People believe in fixing America's problems with good domestic policy, rather than other countries' problems with bombs. The latter doesn't seem to be very effective.

Ideally, America would use its "big stick" in a very carefully calculated manner. Total withdrawal is not an option, because whether we like it or not, there are a lot of sharks that stay beneath the surface because of the threat of America's military might. America's strength needs to be present and visible. But it also needs to be constrained by legality and tempered with caution.
The reason why war now isn't as popular as it was in WW2 is because;

1) Our propaganda game is seriously lacking (despite it being in your face 24/7) or people just are not buying into everyone else being literally Hitler anymore.

2) America hasn't gone for broke in any other war like we did in WW2, also seeing that there is a lack of urgency to really win any fight like that one. This is what happens when you going skinny dipping in 3rd world countries that don't really mean shit with a grab ass plan that general sucks.

3) I consider this one a long shot, but maybe just maybe people are waking up to all the bullshit feed to them on mainstream media and all the bullshit every single public official has told them spanning back since the 60s.

I.E. Trump has almost completely gone back or changed his course of action on everything he said he was going to do since the election.

Yas Queen, slay!

She is so beautiful and elegant, please Allah do not spill her blood. If she must pay for her husband's crimes let her be executed in the traditional Turco-Islamic custom of drowning, befitting a Queen like her.
We choose extremist Sunni Islam over this:

Good luck to any Saudi children on their Easter hunts- watch out for egg-shaped IEDs!!

I think what we are seeing is the beginning of a major air offensive. I think we could even see gulf state and Israeli troops invade syria.

This will all just be a pre-amble to extending the war to Iran, which was the real goal of destabilizing syria, and the whole ME.
Bingo.

Congress authorizes war
this isn’t a war
And that's the ruse of all it.

U.S military personnel with a base of operations inside a foreign sovereign nation that doesn't want them. Check

U.S military assets being used within a foreign sovereign nation to conduct intelligence gathering and the use of strategic military strikes unwanted by that foreign nation. Check

U.S military asserting diplomatic and militaristic options to topple, overthrow, and destroy a sovereign foreign nation. Check

But yeah we're not at war at all :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the media spin outlining how those requesting congressional approval are "inhumane animals willing to sit on the sidelines while monsters kill their own citizens, all in the name of bothersome technicalities" or something...
This is an exact reversal of the circumstances that blocked Obama from attacking Syria:
Parliament forced a vote on the UK's involvement and shot it down.
Then, Obama, who had drawn a red line lost his "coalition" and was forced to go to Congress, who shot him down.
And that was under threat of impeachment from the GOP if he acted without Congressional approval.

NOW...
Trump, Macron, & May all act without legislative authority ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back