Switzerland Bans Boiling Lobster Alive.

Is it about you or the Truth?

thunderlips-aint-nobody.jpg

I remember seeing those tapes in the adult section of the video store when I was a kid. I always thought "Who would watch this?"

LOL who do you think would watch movies like that, brah??? Me!!! That's who. I was all over that shit.

She's got a gold tooth you know she's hardcore
She'll show you a good time then she'll show you the door
Break up with your girl it ended in tears
Vincent Van Gogh go and mail that ear

Lobster lets out a poison once it is dead, if you kill it before you cook it, you better not wait long or else you will get really sick. I worked in a butcher/seafood shop, it only takes 5-10 minutes after they die for the poison to go thru their bodies and they smell like absolute shit, which is why you are supposed to cook them alive.

steam-lobster-3.jpg

Alright, I shall steam them alive then. Would this be less cruel ?

Last edited:
First, you shouldn't be boiling lobster they should be steamed. I think if you put them in the really rapid boiling water (the steam is produced by boiling water) head first they seem to die very quickly as evidenced by the complete lack of movement. Some people recommend stabbing them with a knife in a precise spot that hits the brain stem.

Lobsters in a pound will turn completely cannibalistic, tearing limbs off one another. Lobsters are hardly humanitarians themselves. When you take the bands off the claws, some lobsters will go down swinging. You know the best female ones by the lack of head movement.

200w.gif

I wonder if the penalty for doing it is they boil you alive... or maybe just splash a cup of hot coffee in your face.

Folks might not realize just how devastating boiling water can be. Had a call today where a small child pulled hot water on them. Their skin was peeling away.

Folks might not realize just how devastating boiling water can be. Had a call today where a small child pulled hot water on them. Their skin was peeling away.
what a stupid idiot.

While thats fucked up, You're literally comparing a human to a lobster. Their biological makeup isn't even similar.

While thats fucked up, You're literally comparing a human to a lobster. Their biological makeup isn't even similar.

No, I was chiming in on a post about a human getting hot water thrown on them.

You take the lobster and dunk it in hard boiling water head first. It dies quickly then you let it steam. Lobsters are a dark color when living - they are only red after being cooked and they are dead.

In Maine in the 1940's lobsters were considered trash - only poor people ate them.

"Live crustaceans, including the lobster, may no longer be transported on ice or in ice water. Aquatic species must always be kept in their natural environment," says the new law, according to Swiss Info. "Crustaceans must now be stunned before they are killed,"

The new edict comes in the wake of a recent Italian law that decreed lobsters can't be kept on ice in restaurant kitchens.

Elwood has conducted a series of experiments that suggest crustaceans are sentient and that boiling them alive is inhumane.

"With the data we know, it is highly likely that the animal will be in pain," he says. "We give protection to birds and mammals, currently we give very little protection to decapod crustaceans -- lobsters and crabs -- and the question comes, why is there this difference?"

Elwood's studies suggest crustaceans will make serious life and death decisions when exposed to pain. In experiments, hermit crabs were quick to abandon a shell if it was exposed to a large electric shock.
"They are really giving up a very valuable resource that means life to them, essentially, in order to escape from the noxious stimulus," explains Elwood.

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/switzerland-lobster-boiling-banned/index.html

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvQWVDWGZtQ3lkTVRlTS9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

This thread might be more fun in the war room... :D

Ridiculous. Proof that Switzerland is becoming unreasonably left-wing. Lobsters die instantly when you put them in boiling water.

Ridiculous. Proof that Switzerland is becoming unreasonably left-wing. Lobsters die instantly when you put them in boiling water.

That water isn't boiling enough, not even close. They were not particularly healthy when they entered the water. A healthy lobster would have moved rigorously in reaction to that water. Also, the fool didn't take the rubber bans off. He's an idiot.

That water isn't boiling enough, not even close. They were not particularly healthy when they entered the water. A healthy lobster would have moved rigorously in reaction to that water. Also, the fool didn't take the rubber bans off. He's an idiot.

Dude. It is complete and total horseshit. They never "scream" while being submerged in boiling water. They die instantly. Here, check this out...

Back