Switzerland Bans Boiling Lobster Alive.

good luck getting Asians to do this
Ya i've seen some pretty crazy food habits at top Asian Sushi restaurants. the type where typically every customer but the odd one is asian.

I've seen a lobster prepared live as sushi where the tail was scored and inverted but only enough that they could flip and not detach it and then the meat in the tail diced up into sashimi . The lobster was then put on the table with its claws bound and they guests proceeded to the eat the meat out of the tail while the lobster was trying to escape. Someone would just gently push it back to the centre of the platter with the chop sticks as they ate away.

I've seen them bring out a live fish gently punched and perched atop a a structure of large tooth picks (skewers) and then the chef dices the belly meat at the table, all the while you see the fish flexing and trying to dislodge itself as its being eaten.

In both cases once that first meat was done the remaining portion was taken back to the kitchen, still alive, and cooked and prepared in another manner and brought back out.

Weirdly it seems to me that the more an animal suffers or is nearing extinction the more many asians want to eat it.

What does it matter if you're eating any of those things mentioned? They are living beings. We don't think of the most humane way to kill insects, we just spray them with poison. We don't think of humane ways to get rid of mice - we smash their bodies with death contraptions. We don't *really* think of fish when we catch them, we are intentionally tricking them into jabbing a giant hook through their mouths.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy, I get that. But since we both have our own levels, would it be best to not kill anything at all? Or does it really matter at the end of the day?

I do believe a happy cow is a better steak/burger/etc. If it is stressed at the time of death, the muscles tighten and the meat will be tougher. I figure the same should apply to anything else we eat. But can you *really* judge others for not agreeing?

It does matter. All those insects you mentioned can be a disturbance wether it's in your house or your crops. There isn't much else you could do but get rid of them in an extreme way.

Meanwhile we are talking about food that people eat. Food that people go out of there way to eat. You're not really giving off an argument here as to why boiling them alive is the right thing to do here. Were these lobsters disturbing you before you decided to kill and eat them? Of course not, what's so bad about respecting the the things you have chosen to kill for food? You even admitted that a happy animal equals better food so what is the argument in boiling them alive?

I'm not. I've never met you.

Your whole point was that it doesn't matter how we treat lobsters because they do more brutal things to each other. Again, we're not lobsters so it was a silly point.

Lobster doesn't taste as good when you kill it first. There body releases a lot of proteins that coagulate.

Just put it in the Freezer for 20 minutes before cooker and your Lobster buddy will fall asleep before he gets to enjoy the hot tub.

swedish_chef.jpg

Ya i've seen some pretty crazy food habits at top Asian Sushi restaurants. the type where typically every customer but the odd one is asian.

I've seen a lobster prepared live as sushi where the tail was scored and inverted but only enough that they could flip and not detach it and then the meat in the tail diced up into sashimi . The lobster was then put on the table with its claws bound and they guests proceeded to the eat the meat out of the tail while the lobster was trying to escape. Someone would just gently push it back to the centre of the platter with the chop sticks as they ate away.

I've seen them bring out a live fish gently punched and perched atop a a structure of large tooth picks (skewers) and then the chef dices the belly meat at the table, all the while you see the fish flexing and trying to dislodge itself as its being eaten.

In both cases once that first meat was done the remaining portion was taken back to the kitchen, still alive, and cooked and prepared in another manner and brought back out.

Weirdly it seems to me that the more an animal suffers or is nearing extinction the more many asians want to eat it.
yea i’ve read they want the adrenaline surging to get a different taste

these are soulless demons

Looking at this planet objectively he has a point. A human's life has no more value than a lobster.
Its not an objective view. Its a myopic one.

the only "value" comes from what one species puts on its own existence. There is a reason many animals will risk their lives to save their young from a predatory animal and it is not because the predator is bad or good or the live of their young is worth more or less than the predator that needs to it. It is because inherently we all value our own species the most and that is the only value that matters.

So humans will put far more value on the brutal killing of another human but not the brutal killing of a lobster. It IS more valuable to us.

yea i’ve read they want the adrenaline surging to get a different taste

these are soulless demons
oh interesting, I just assumed it was because that would be the ultimate in fresh, which is still alive while you eat it.

They die and then the memory of the pain is erased. Oh wait, they probably have no memories because they are no smarter than a large insect. Either way, I don't think this is that harsh practice.
Smart per our rules.

I'd like to see humans survive as long as lobsters have.

So I looked it up... lobsters don't have a brain. A phenomenon sometimes replicated in higher primates such as far leftists. Even if you destroy the frontal ganglia, it still has other scattered chain ganglia in the rest of its' body. That's why it moves so much after "death", the local ganglia doesn't need to communicate with a brain. No brain, no 1 hit KO, guy in the video is wrong. Boiling it, which would disable all ganglia at roughly the same time, is actually likely to be the more humane method. I'm imagining that some middle aged female animal rights crusader is drafting the law - not a marine biologist.

Jesus, that sounds purely sadistic.

Your whole point was that it doesn't matter how we treat lobsters because they do more brutal things to each other. Again, we're not lobsters so it was a silly point.
One of my points was that, based on personal observation subject to error, lobsters are steamed. They shouldn't all be in boiling water to begin with. There's boiling water and if it is boiling vigorously enough, a lobster dies very quickly if dunked in head first, not instantaneously but within a few of seconds. If the lobsters are all sitting in the water, there's alot of water and alot of lobster and probably the water is not hot enough - that's a problem and inhumane. I've seen local processors, 3 miles from my house, (I live in Maine and deal with seafood companies alittle (I own several million grown oysters in a river right now) move to kill the lobsters by stabbing them in a specific spot to damage the brain. They believe that this is more humane. I question whether the average person can consistently hit the spot when they only eat lobsters a few times a year.

What kind of hack boils a lobster?

Coincidentally I was cited recently for roasting some crab ass n_____as.

Back