Switching from Muay Thai to Boxing

Huh? Handspeed is due to fast muscle fibers and is something a person is born with.
Its much more technical than you're giving credit for, you'll notice the stylistic differences with boxers and kickboxers in handspeed. Alot of it comes with the step in

I'm still awaitng a reply so I can pull some clips of boxers stiff like refrigerators:) Had enough of the Kickboxing bashing.

This isn't about boxers vs kickboxers. It's about the discipline itself. The methodologies taught result in different outcomes, although there are always outliers. You shouldn't focus on outliers unless you're trying to blur the lines (which is only an obfuscation tactic), and then there's no point. You're arguing out of emotion. I can't believe you think this is a valid point you have that some boxers are lacking.

Nothing midsection or above. I noticed right away his change of tactics and was quite puzzled why he was limiting himself in that manner. I happen to think DCs kickboxing is underrated.
its hard to land body kicks on high waisted people when you are as short as dc for lhw.

He did about the same, maybe worse. I had Jones winning the first round.

Most people thoguht Cormier did better. You can also argue that Jones won the first round of their first fight so twhat's the difference? Cormier ate fewer kicks in the rematch and got into close range more often and when he was there he hit Jones more often than in their first fight.

Back