Swedish court slaps harsh sentences on Facebook rapists

That will teach them. I also heard Swedish jails are hellholes.

I guess "harsh" depends on perspective.

i think they were given shorter sentences because of their age

There's been some talk in Norwegian newspapers about studies that show that harsher penalties don't actually help with reducing crimes, but I just can't fathom how these three are going to step out of jail, one in less than a year, reformed.

There's been some talk in Norwegian newspapers about studies that show that harsher penalties don't actually help with reducing crimes, but I just can't fathom how these three are going to step out of jail, one in less than a year, reformed.

Jail time doesn't reform people. No matter the sentence.

Surely that's been proven in America alone?

Probably not, but it does contain them. And I don't know that they'll reform on their own.

Some people are either incapable reform or not deserving of it even IF it might be possible and serious sex offenders like this definitely fall into this category. Now lets see how so called 'liberals' and feminists, who love to shout from the roof tops about rape culture, will spin a 12 month sentence for rape as being acceptable.

Brutal like real gangrapes should be punishable by death.

Lol at 12 month sentence. Even 28 month sentence. This isn't justice it is all relative.

Sweden is a joke and so are liberals who cry about the human rights of trash people.

Brutal like real gangrapes should be punishable by death.

Lol at 12 month sentence. Even 28 month sentence. This isn't justice it is all relative.

Sweden is a joke and so are liberals who cry about the human rights of trash people.

Sweden is basically laughingstock of the world. Law and justice have nothing to do with each other over there.

The prosecutor didn't put forward that they would get expelled from Sweden if convicted.

So in a couple of months, these amateur photographers will be out roaming the streets of Sweden, while being financially supported by the taxpayers!

Harsher penalties make the law abiding populace and the victims a bit more comfortable. Reform? No idea, don't really care. We're talking about rapists here. Fuck em. Can you imagine raping someone? Your mind has to be totally fucking gone. No humanity at all. So yeah, as stated... fuck em, let em rot.

Harsher penalties make the law abiding populace and the victims a bit more comfortable. Reform? No idea, don't really care. We're talking about rapists here. Fuck em. Can you imagine raping someone? Your mind has to be totally fucking gone. No humanity at all. So yeah, as stated... fuck em, let em rot.

I don't really disagree. My motivation for imprisoning criminals is to protect the populace. If there's no reason to think these guys aren't going to do it again, why let them out? If when they are let out, then rape someone, what was really achieved by letting them out?

We pragmatically can't imprison every criminal for eternity, but lifetime for the most heinous crimes such as rape and murder seems like a no-brainer to me.

The absence of the usual Muslims defense forcing this in the thread. Guess they can only defend pedos and rapist news so much before taking a break.

Chances mainstream TV CNN / BBC will air these lenient sentences for rape?

3t9GGuw.gif

In a couple of months, these amateur photographers will be out roaming the streets of Sweden, while being financially supported by the taxpayers!

Sweden will pat them on the back and treat them like c-list celebrities.

"I hope your feelings didn't get hurt, the meal here is free for you today".

What a fuckin joke. As to how effective harsher sentencing would be to reduce crime, I don't know what the answer is. People point to the US and say that it's proof that harsh sentencing doesn't work. Where I live, we also have a weak justice system that coddles criminals. We also have a low crime rate. But honestly, I don't have the stats, but anecdotally I can say that we have a pretty high recidivism rate. Like, we have a low crime rate because we have a low number of serious criminals. But the actual scumbags commit crimes over and over again. Why wouldn't they? There's barely any consequence. A short sentence and they're back on the streets.

I really think that if you give someone a pathetic sentence for a horrible crime like this gang-rape, you're essentially telling the offender that it's not a big deal. Especially when it's a non-citizen and you don't take any steps to deport them - you're telling them that it isn't a big deal to victimize our citizens. Imo these pieces of crap should be castrated and kicked out of the country. Or hung from the nearest tree.

People have to want to reform first, people that want to reform do.

Prison is first about justice for the victims and second about reform.

We could do better on the reform and how prisions are run.

However they should still get the time they deserve for the crime.o

These sentences are a slap in the face to the victim. This tells the victim she is worthless and counts much less then the criminal.

The victim has been forced to move from Uppsala after being harassed by media.

Well, I guess I'll be honest and say who cares about reforming these cave people? They should be immediately deported upon release. Send them back to the part of the world where what they do is accepted. Unfortunately it appears that Sweden wants to fill that role.

Back