Sweden bends over one more time

But if you are hiring someone else, based on religious views, its not legal. If the it was a jewish male, and the company said well, we sell to a clientele that wont understand you wearing that yarmulka on your head, so you can remove it or we will hire someone else, is that okay?

Your not hiring based on religious views at that point. Your hiring based on who will most likely peform the job better. One employee can shake hands in a country where that is expected the other can’t.

To be fair, it doesn't seem like the lady was aggressive or meant any ill intent by refusing and the company were wrong to abruptly end the interview over it.

I just feel it's polite to put your religious beliefs to one side when out in public and in formal situations, how can someone integrate into Western society when they actively alienate themselves?

I don't believe in any religious beliefs over not shaking hands, I also don't like shaking hands, but I know that in my job if I refused (politely or not), it would come off as strange and weird to most, and would likely hinder my relations with that person. It's a common greeting that as a society we have decided is a polite introduction, especially in business.

If I was a religious minority in a foreign country, I'd be doing all I could to ingratiate myselves with the locals, especially those with the power to employ me. It's just common sense.
I totally agree, I dont really understand what about a handshake goes against someones religious belief.... and personally I probably wouldnt have hired her either if I was the interviewer. But I was just objecting at the notion that shaking hands is some tradition. Its people being civil, so good courtesy at most.

Too much opportunity for a wardrobe malfunction blinding you whilst driving IMO.
thats actually a really good objection to it, Im actually surprised more people dont use it. Anything that obstructs someones vision whilst driving is a danger to other people.

Want to live in Europe? Accept our traditions and customs. Otherwise, fuck right off.

Check your third world beliefs at the door.
that will become the policy...once europes traditions and customs happen to be the same as islams traditions and customs.

Not on here. My bad if I missed the "jews get out of my country" sherdog threads.

Please post said sherdog thread here, and I will apologise to the entire WR.
is sherdog your only source of news?

Your not hiring based on religious views at that point. Your hiring based on who will most likely peform the job better. One employee can shake hands in a country where that is expected the other can’t.
I think if this wasnt a muslim, people wouldnt be okay with what happened. This is just an example of islamophobia

Sweden Muslim woman who refused handshake at job interview wins case - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45207086

I see no benefits of bringing in Muslims, only problems.

This woman was at a job interview and refused to shake hands, which is a tradition in Sweden. They didn't like it and decided to not hire her (I wouldn't have either).

She sued and, of course, won.

Victory for religious protection, etc.

Loss for tradition and local culture/customs.

What ever happened to "when in Rome"?
Sweden is comical

I think this gets to the crux of the problem in much of Europe, and to a less developed degree in the US. The problem isn't immigrants. Sure, immigrants cause problems and always have, but with the proper incentives, they usually assimilate within a generation or so. The problem is that a large group of people within the host nation disdain their own culture. They want it destroyed or hobbled: it's history, identity, traditions, borders etc. If the Swedes all loved Sweden and Swedishness and were proud of it, their culture would be more than strong enough to force immigrants to try harder to fit in.

But the immigration of large groups of third world people is coinciding with a cultural crisis internal to the host states. It's a bad situation.
Nailed it. It’s part of the greater white guilt syndrome afflicting leftists everywhere.

I think Freedom of/from Religion might need to be restricted to in the privacy of your own home and/or place of worship. I really thought humanity as a whole was getting over religion with the rise of the internet. Instead, it seems like religion has newfound power and sway.

Is sweden banning similar practices of all religions?
You got it backwards Sweden isn't banning anything in this case. It's placing foreign ideals on a hierarchy superceding existing social norms through force of law (obey or get sued).

Want an example where muslims get more privileges and exemptions? See driving example.

A countries values/way of life/social norms superceding foreign customs is not an alien concept. Sweden is doing the opposite and putting them on a pedastal.

Australia proposes that Citizenship should only be awarded to those who are willing to integrate
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...o-those-who-are-willing-to-integrate.3548607/

"We should make no apology for asking those who seek to join our Australian family to join us as Australian patriots – committed to the values that define us, committed to the values that unite us"

Australia and France don't need to care about whether "something is a custom or not". France didn't ban the burka for security reasons for example the bar was much lower, closer to "fuck it, because we said so". One more:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...-to-shake-french-officials-hand-a3819941.html
An Algerian woman has been refused citizenship after reportedly refusing to shake hands with an official. The woman said her “religious beliefs” prevented her from shaking the male official’s hand at the citizenship ceremony.

This led to the French government ruling that she was not “assimilated into the French community”. She launched an appeal but France’s Court of Appeal rejected her plea.

http://www.britishdemocrats.uk/swiss-ruling-overturns-muslim-pupils-handshake-exemption/

In Switzerland it has long been customary for students to shake the hands of their teachers at the beginning and end of the school day.

Authorities said: “The public interest concerning gender equality as well as integration of foreigners far outweighs that concerning the freedom of belief of students.”

Each little victory, or defeat, will determine whether Muslims will truly integrate into a Western society or, instead, refashion that society to meet Muslim requirements.

Sweden going full cuck letting people get sued. There is no "Freedom of Religion" law protecting this. It's Sweden being Sweden.
Laïcité isn't religious freedom, but rather anti-clericalism.
? ok.

did she also deny a fist bump? i would need to know that before forming an educated opinion

There's going to be a point where Finland will have to start seriously considering building a wall to the West.

In history classes and the military, I was always taught to fear the threat from the East. But in recent times, it is starting to appear that the true threat may come from the West. Sweden is currently housing some of the most prominent radical Islamic scholars and leaders of European terrorist cells, as well as leaders of organized crime from Balkans. They're basically turning into a safe haven for terrorists, mobsters and thugs of all sort.

The police lack resources and the support of the community, to put an end to the growing threat. And the politicians lack the will to own up to their own mistakes, and address them in a strict and orderly manner.

When the refugee crisis began, Russia didn't let a single refugee cross the border on their end once Finland made a deal with the Russians to keep the borders clean. But Sweden was packing immigrants into trains and sending them over to Finland from the North.

Based on everything I've been seeing in recent times, I think Sweden is starting to take over Russia's traditional role as Finland's greatest geo-political threat. In the next 50 years, we might have to prepare for the prospect of Sweden gradually turning into an Islamic caliphate, and an existential threat to its neighbours.

Last edited:
I think Freedom of/from Religion might need to be restricted to in the privacy of your own home and/or place of worship. I really thought humanity as a whole was getting over religion with the rise of the internet. Instead, it seems like religion has newfound power and sway.

Religion is a trigger. Media nowadays loves triggers. Sad that inclusivity is backfiring, but what the hell. When you do it for wrong reasons (a fraternal utopia which ain't happening or moral superiority aka we can afford to do it cuz we're good people at heart so support us, ye people) getting fucked over is a no brainer. Humans are the best predatory organism on earth for a good reason.

Unfortunately it’s literally the opposite of this.

Check your privilege at the door. Respect 3rd world customs in the name of multi-culturalism and diversity, even if they go directly against Western concepts of fairness, justice and equality.

Because after all, it is the West that has committed the worst atrocities in history. So they ought to sit down and learn from the others.

There's much to be learned from places like Somalia and Afghanistan on how to run an effective, orderly society. These people are literally running to our countries in droves, to teach us how to properly run our countries. That's how good-willed they are.

Can't wait for my next lesson on how to use a stick to "handle" a disobedient women, or how to behead a person clean, with a single cut. These are among the sort of life lessons that we've totally missed out on, here in the boring West.

Last edited:
Sadly, there is more to this story:

The Equality Ombudsman (a government agency) that made the ruling in this case has a reference group they use which consists of people that “represents the Muslim community”.

Two of the members that assisted with the ruling harbors views that Sharia law should govern Sweden and that it shouldn’t be illegal to travel to e.g Syria to commit terror acts or join terror groups.

You can’t even make stuff like this up, reality triumphs fiction...

Just how long do you think a thread like that would last? Simply objecting to their treatment of Palestinians requires a disclaimer disavowing antisemitism. :eek:
One hint of antisemitism and this thread is gone.

What i don´t understand is why countries that need immigrants, let suppose Sweden, don´t go to a poor europeans sources like Serbia, Bulgary, eastern Europe,may had europeans partners(nice partnership) etc.. The same could be said about us.

To me is evident, that this is agenda to minimize white demographics. The left, the globalists hate White people, so they try to fill the west with non-westerns.

Back