Sweden bends over one more time

Funny, so being qualified for the job doesn’t matter, just showing up to the interview is enough to warrant a hire?
She was qualified. She just didnt want to shake hands. You cant tell me thats a requirement of the job. If so, sweden is more ass backwards than i thought.

What do you think should I care? lol how bout if you hate a certain group of people you dont worry about em
Not sure what you mean. He jumped in with an asinine comment so I reacted accordingly.

Like I said, the two people discussing about their beliefs care you dumb fuck. If you don't care why even say anything? Just piss off.

She was qualified. She just didnt want to shake hands. You cant tell me thats a requirement of the job. If so, sweden is more ass backwards than i thought.
If something as simple as a handshake results in turmoil it's a sign of things to come. I wouldn't hire that person either

What do you think should I care? lol how bout if you hate a certain group of people you dont worry about em
Like I said, if you don't care why even say anything at all? Why even post in the thread? For what purpose? Just piss off if that's how you feel.

If something as simple as a handshake results in turmoil it's a sign of things to come. I wouldn't hire that person either
If something as trivial is a handshake is gonna cause problems, you probably shouldnt be the one in charge of hiring people

If something as trivial is a handshake is gonna cause problems, you probably shouldnt be the one in charge of hiring people

One could also say that if something as trivial as a handshake is gonna cause problems, you probably shouldn't be hired.

If you run a business, you should be at liberty to choose the best person for the job.

Some employers will emphasize equal standards of conduct for everybody, for purposes of creating a smooth and efficient working environment, others may not. If you don't get hired by somebody because you have got an aversion to shaking hands, well, just try another employer who doesn't care as much about it.

Granting religious people all of these extra layers of protection, doesn't make any sense because a normal, secular citizen doesn't receive any such protection. If the average dude refused to shake hands in a job interview, nobody'd defend him if he didn't get hired, even if they cited anxiety or germaphobia. The courts would laugh him off. But make a claim that you belong to an ancient religion with age old traditions, and the state suddenly stands behind you.

I say bullshit to that. Might as well make my own religion and use it as an excuse against any criticism of my behaviour.

Last edited:
One could also say that if something as trivial as a handshake is gonna cause problems, you probably shouldn't be hired.

If you run a business, you should be at liberty to choose the best person for the job.

Some employers will emphasize equal standards of conduct for everybody, for purposes of creating a smooth and efficient working environment, others may not. If you don't get hired by somebody because you have got an aversion to shaking hands, well, just try another employer who doesn't care as much about it.

Granting religious people all of these extra layers of protection, doesn't make any sense because a normal, secular citizen doesn't receive any such protection. If the average dude refused to shake hands in a job interview, nobody'd defend him if he didn't get hired, even if they cited anxiety or germaphobia. The courts would laugh him off. But make a claim that you belong to an ancient religion with age old traditions, and the state suddenly stands behind you.

I say bullshit to that. Might as well make my own religion and use it as an excuse against any criticism of my behaviour.

The text highlighted in red really gets at what's actually wrong here. If I walk into a job interview, to be conducted with a man and a woman, and refuse to shake the woman's hand, and later justify it by saying that my god - Odin, ruler of Asgard - forbids me to touch any woman other than my wife, I'm not getting that job. The reason why I'm not getting the job is because in literally the very first minute of the interview, I'm proving myself to be an unreasonable twat who may also have pathological delusions about reality.

But if I do everything I outlined above, but replace Odin with the Abrahamic god, I get to sue and will probably win, on grounds of religious discrimination. It's time that we all formerly acknowledge that holding objectively batshit insane beliefs isn't ok just because you read it in some ancient text and because a significant amount of other morons around the globe hold the same beliefs. I'm not advocating the end of freedom of religion. Go ahead and believe whatever insane shit you've been indoctrinated with, pray to whoever you want, hold your little gatherings, but don't expect the rest of us to subjugate rational thought to your outrageous beliefs.

The text highlighted in red really gets at what's actually wrong here. If I walk into a job interview, to be conducted with a man and a woman, and refuse to shake the woman's hand, and later justify it by saying that my god - Odin, ruler of Asgard - forbids me to touch any woman other than my wife, I'm not getting that job. The reason why I'm not getting the job is because in literally the very first minute of the interview, I'm proving myself to be an unreasonable twat who may also have pathological delusions about reality.

But if I do everything I outlined above, but replace Odin with the Abrahamic god, I get to sue and will probably win, on grounds of religious discrimination. It's time that we all formerly acknowledge that holding objectively batshit insane beliefs isn't ok just because you read it in some ancient text and because a significant amount of other morons around the globe hold the same beliefs. I'm not advocating the end of freedom of religion. Go ahead and believe whatever insane shit you've been indoctrinated with, pray to whoever you want, hold your little gatherings, but don't expect the rest of us to subjugate rational thought to your outrageous beliefs.

Exactly.

One of the problems here, is that not only does this open the door for other religious whackjobs to start operating based on parallel, often contradictory standards to everybody else, but it also opens the door for a whole host of other "identitarians" who also hope to gain this sort of a governmentally protected status, inspired by the privileges that religious people are granted. And when other people refuse to yield to their whims, they will cry and whine to the "big brother" so that it will punish those who merely wish to operate based on equal, common sense standards, applied to everybody without discrimination nor privileges.

What they continuously seem to lack are a factual basis as to why these so-called "traditions" are so crucial, that they cannot be compromised under any reasonable circumstances, even a common show of respect such as a hand-shake. You're just supposed to buy the explanation that this is how it is, because Allah, God, or Odin says so (without even a direct reference to any "divine text" where it is said). Same goes for the identity groups that demand people to suspend their understanding of reality in order to accommodate their delusions of grandeur.

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, I believe that even the great minds of the "Enlightenment era", who originally came up with the concept of religious freedoms, believed that freedom to concern only the freedom of belief, not necessarily freedom of action. You can believe in whatever sky lord you want to, but that does not grant you any privileges over anybody else when it comes to your actions. The moment that your beliefs prompt you to act, you're judged based on the same standards as everybody else.

how could she possibly win that case?
Everyone takes the easy way out. The same keeps repeating till all the hosts are outnumbered and victims. None of the courtesy will be returned. The few that would want to will be vastly outnumbered and will be silenced or worse. The Muslims will reconstitute the shit hole they left.

Hand shaking probably out dates islam, so its an age old tradition also.

She was getting a job as a translator, im sure she would be having to shake a lot of hands. The bigot intiewers rbutt hurt and didnt want to hire this lady. She got compensated for having her religious freedom stepped on.

Exactly.

One of the problems here, is that not only does this open the door for other religious whackjobs to start operating based on parallel, often contradictory standards to everybody else, but it also opens the door for a whole host of other "identitarians" who also hope to gain this sort of a governmentally protected status, inspired by the privileges that religious people are granted. And when other people refuse to yield to their whims, they will cry and whine to the "big brother" so that it will punish those who merely wish to operate based on equal, common sense standards, applied to everybody without discrimination nor privileges.

What they continuously seem to lack are a factual basis as to why these so-called "traditions" are so crucial, that they cannot be compromised under any reasonable circumstances, even a common show of respect such as a hand-shake. You're just supposed to buy the explanation that this is how it is, because Allah, God, or Odin says so (without even a direct reference to any "divine text" where it is said). Same goes for the identity groups that demand people to suspend their understanding of reality in order to accommodate their delusions of grandeur.

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, I believe that even the great minds of the "Enlightenment era", who originally came up with the concept of religious freedoms, believed that freedom to concern only the freedom of belief, not necessarily freedom of action. You can believe in whatever sky lord you want to, but that does not grant you any privileges over anybody else when it comes to your actions. The moment that your beliefs prompt you to act, you're judged based on the same standards as everybody else.

The mention of religion in legal systems is at this point a vestigial organ. Freedom of thought is guaranteed already. You can believe whatever the F you want, and you can act in accordance with those beliefs as long as you're not causing harm, or interfering with the affairs of others. In virtually every other sense, modern legal codes in civilized countries obey the scientific method, or at least hold truth based on empirical evidence as the most valued variable, but somehow, the notion that incredibly unreasonable beliefs that are held because they're part of a millennia old tradition must be protected, still exists.

It's demonstrably true that the scientific method has thus far produced the best outcomes for humanity, and there's not even a close second. We have established criteria for proving what's true, and it has worked fantastically well. This is what should guide us at the highest level, and providing for freedom of action based on outrageous non-evidence based claims, doesn't mean they're equal to scientific knowledge, it means that they're untouchable by scientific knowledge, and thus ultimately hold a superior position.

It's demonstrably true that the scientific method has thus far produced the best outcomes for humanity, and there's not even a close second. We have established criteria for proving what's true, and it has worked fantastically well. This is what should guide us at the highest level, and providing for freedom of action based on outrageous non-evidence based claims, doesn't mean they're equal to scientific knowledge, it means that they're untouchable by scientific knowledge, and thus ultimately hold a superior position.

Natural science is by definition outside the realm of the supernatural whereas many of the core tenants of religion tend to be conveniently rooted on invisible beings, undetectable forces, inaudible voices and judgments that aren't made until after you die.

Science doesn't merely produce better outcomes, it's the indispensable driving force of achievement, knowledge and progress of all human advancement and the most precious thing we have collectively as a species.

"These are the days that must lay a new foundation of a more magnificent philosophy, never to be overthrown: that will empirically and sensibly canvas the phenomena of nature, deducing the causes of things from such originals in nature, as we observe are producible by art, and the infallible demonstration of mechanics: and certainly, this is the way, and no other, to build a true and permanent philosophy." -- Henry Power, Royal Society (1664)

Isaac Newton published Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica in 1687. Humanity is six million years in the making, 200,000 since evolving into modern anatomical form and 50,000 out from the dawn of behavioral modernity. What's taken place over the last 330+ comfortably eclipses every advancement that came before it combined. So much unfathomable power that it's almost holy.

I'm not sure how they can carry on possibly believing it won't be fundamentally and profoundly altered (as many seem to) on the present course; of course, a number of them know that it will and that's the "goal".

The academic and legislative material @Son of Jamin posted in the other Sweden thread this week is pretty unnerving, even more sick in the head than some of Germany's culturally suicidal rhetoric and tendencies.

... It does make a lot more "sense" though when you realize it isn't actually something they have any interest in slowing down or reversing.
The estimated population growth in Sweden the coming 8 year is 800,000. Approximately 80% of the growth is linked to immigration! They are now talking about that they must raise the taxes so they can provide the same service as today!

There was a gentleman at my university who wanted to defend his PhD dissertation while dressed as a pirate. The university refused, because of course they did, and he took it to the college of human rights. They actually gave a ruling, though. They ruled that he could not demonstrate that, within pastafarianism, there was an obligation to dress as a pirate, that the university was not, in fact, infringing on his religious practice by not allowing him to wear the costume. A compounding fact was the idea that he doesn't even own a pirate suit, and had never worn one in any religious ceremony. He's now asking the university if he can instead wear a colander on his head, which may even be allowed by the university's guidelines.

It's not that people who wear hijabs and yarmulkes receive more protection under these laws, it's that edgelords like this jabroni don't think things through. If he could demonstrate that this practice was obligated, and that he had ever done it before in his life, much less as a manner of regular daily observance, then presumably the college would have ruled differently. But in order to do that, he'd have to dress like a pirate or wear a colander on his head on a daily basis, in which case it's not at all clear who exactly is being totally pwnedzorz.

The estimated population growth in Sweden the coming 8 year is 800,000. Approximately 80% of the growth is linked to immigration! They are now talking about that they must raise the taxes so they can provide the same service as today!

Ouch, breh.

They still feel the need to prove their place in the world, and the recent endeavours are just a misguided attempt of accomplishing that, much like with the Germans. We can remember Merkel's rallying cry of "We can do it, we are Germany" during the refugee crisis, to point the difference between how Germans can accomplish things, much better than the rest. The same goes for Sweden. The same "Go Sweden!" mentality is at play, as twisted as it may seem to the neutral observer.

You'd never see Sylvi Listhaug doing this shit.

German-TV-spot-promotes-Muslim-Hijab.png

{<jordan}

Swedish PM Pledges To Hike Taxes On The 'Very, Very Rich'

Löfven said he didn’t plan to help the centre-right Alliance parties take power by supporting them in any way, meaning that they can only do so by teaming up with the anti-immigration Sweden Democrats. "They can forget it," Löfven said.

The Social Democrats have pledged to spend at least 30bn SEK on welfare up until 2022 if they are elected, but the National Institute of Economic Research argues that Sweden’s municipalities need some 70bn SEK.

Löfven would not say if the party planned to increase its spending pledged.

"We have so much to do in the welfare area, we have divisions in our country and at the very least those with big capital incomes can pay more," he said.

Back