Swamp Thing Tom Price

Throttlehead

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.gq.com/story/tom-price-private-jets

Of all these myriad tasks, one that I did not expect him to somehow complicate is "booking business travel at a reasonable cost." Yet Price, ever the innovator, somehow found a way, apparentlyspending an incredible $25,000 last week to charter a private jet that ferried him from Washington to Philadelphia and back. (Have these people never heard of Kayak?) Politico reports that this is only one of five charter flights that Price took last week during a spate of public appearances, and that charter operators conservatively estimate the total travel bill at around $60,000. Come for the outrage at this baffling display of government waste, and stay for the delicious shade included in Politico's write-up.......

He could have driven it faster :)

It's really amazing what republicans can get away with. A Dem would've been rhetorically hung from a tree by now.

Meanwhile...
“I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.”
President Shit , feb 22 2017.

Except for my son. And my son in law. And my campaign manager, who is briefing them right now. And my national security advisor. And my Attorney General. Ok, basically everybody.

It's really amazing what republicans can get away with. A Dem would've been rhetorically hung from a tree by now.

Meanwhile...
“I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.”

Except for my son. And my son in law. And my campaign manager, who is briefing them right now. And my national security advisor. And my Attorney General. Ok, basically everybody.

You forgot add all his Russian assets he lied about and all his apartments used both as money laundering bases of operation as well as money laundering devices for the Russians.

Meanwhile...

Your tears are especially salty, thanks.

Btw, remind me why Hillary invited Putin to her gala in 2009?
Uranium one?
Podesta and his ties to Russia?

Government officials deal with Russia. Welcome to politics.

Personally I think you just enjoy being xenophobic towards Russia. SAD!

Uranium one?

Trump tweets are always lies.

"The Bill & Hillary deal that allowed big Uranium to go to Russia"

Trump significantly distorts the uranium deal in question by calling it "the Bill and Hillary deal."

In 2010, Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state, was one of nine federal agency heads to sign off on Russia’s purchase of a controlling stake in Uranium One, an international mining company headquartered in Canada with operations in several U.S. states. It was part of a regular process for approving international deals involving strategic assets, such as uranium, that could have implications for national security. Uranium One’s U.S. mines produced about 11 percent of the country’s total uranium production in 2014, according to Oilprice.com.

But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer.

As PolitiFact and others have detailed, some investors with an interest in making the Uranium One deal go through have a long-time relationship with Bill Clinton and have donated to the Clinton Foundation. But there’s no concrete evidence those relationships or donations helped make the deal go through. Most of the donations occurred before Hillary Clinton could have known she would become secretary of state. And again, the secretary of state was one of nine agency heads that had input into the final decision, which ultimately lay with President Barack Obama.

"Russian speech money to Bill"

In 2010, Renaissance Capital, a Russian investment bank, paid Bill Clinton $500,000 to deliver a speech, according to Hillary Clinton’s 2010 financial disclosure form.

Some critics of the Clintons have suggested this speaking fee might have been an attempt by Renaissance Capital to curry favor with the State Department, which was involved in the Uranium One deal at the time.

But it’s important to keep in mind that Bill Clinton regularly delivers speeches for fees of $500,000 or higher — such as a $750,000 speech in Hong Kong in 2011, paid for by a Swedish communications company, and a $600,000 speech in the Netherlands, also in 2011, paid for by a Dutch finance corporation.

Also, Renaissance Capital regularly invites world leaders to speak at its events, like former British Prime Minister Tony Blair and former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell.

"the Hillary Russian ‘reset’ "

Clinton may have been involved in the Russian "reset," but the effort wasn’t very successful. In his 2008 campaign, Obama said he would seek a less confrontational relationship with Russia. The official kickoff came in Geneva on March 6, 2009, when Clinton, the Obama administration’s top diplomat, gave her Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov a red "reset" button.

However, starting when Putin retook the presidency in 2012, the "reset" started to fall apart, in part because Putin accused Clinton personally of stoking anti-Putin protests. Without mentioning Putin specifically, Clinton had said the United States was concerned about the conduct of Russia’s elections and that the Obama administration supported the rights of the Russian people.

In 2013, the relationship strained further when Russia took in Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who had leaked a large trove of sensitive intelligence. And in 2014, Russia invaded Ukraine, prompting new U.S. sanctions on Russia.

"praise of Russia by Hillary"

Trump is possibly referring to information uncovered in a trove of emails stolen from former Clinton campaign chair John Podesta and published on Wikileaks. The emails include excerpts from some of Clinton’s remarks after she left the State Department, including a 2013 speech to Goldman Sachs where she said "we would very much like to have a positive relationship with Russia," and a 2013 speech to financial organization Sanford Bernstein, where she said Putin is "an engaging and, you know, very interesting conversationalist."

But in the same document, there are excerpts of speeches where Clinton condemned Russia’s Ukraine invasion, called the 2011 parliamentary elections in Russia "fraudulent," questioned Putin’s record on civil liberties, and said Europe should lessen its dependence on Russia for energy resources.

Putin "has used his energy weapon to intimidate Europe," she said in 2014, speaking to software company Marketo.

"Podesta Russian Company"

In 2011, Podesta joined the board of Joule Unlimited, a solar-based alternative fuel company headquartered in Massachusetts, with operations in New Mexico and the Netherlands. A few months after Podesta took on this role, Anatoly Chubais, chairman and CEO of Russia-backed investment fund RUSNANO, also joined Joule’s board.

There doesn’t appear to be anything untoward or illegal about the fact that Podesta sat on a corporate board with a Russian banker. Nonetheless, some of his and Clinton’s critics have played it up. Conservative website the Daily Caller has allegedthat Podesta didn’t properly disclose his shares in Joule when he joined the Obama administration in 2014.

In any case, the company is American, not Russian.

Uranium one?

If Jeff Dahmer just would've presented the defense that John Gacy actually killed more people, he would've never been convicted.

Trump significantly distorts the uranium deal in question by calling it "the Bill and Hillary deal."

In 2010, Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state, was one of nine federal agency heads to sign off on Russia’s purchase of a controlling stake in Uranium One, an international mining company headquartered in Canada with operations in several U.S. states. It was part of a regular process for approving international deals involving strategic assets, such as uranium, that could have implications for national security. Uranium One’s U.S. mines produced about 11 percent of the country’s total uranium production in 2014, according to Oilprice.com.

But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer.

As PolitiFact and others have detailed, some investors with an interest in making the Uranium One deal go through have a long-time relationship with Bill Clinton and have donated to the Clinton Foundation. But there’s no concrete evidence those relationships or donations helped make the deal go through. Most of the donations occurred before Hillary Clinton could have known she would become secretary of state. And again, the secretary of state was one of nine agency heads that had input into the final decision, which ultimately lay with President Barack Obama.

In 2010, Renaissance Capital, a Russian investment bank, paid Bill Clinton $500,000 to deliver a speech, according to Hillary Clinton’s 2010 financial disclosure form.

Some critics of the Clintons have suggested this speaking fee might have been an attempt by Renaissance Capital to curry favor with the State Department, which was involved in the Uranium One deal at the time.

But it’s important to keep in mind that Bill Clinton regularly delivers speeches for fees of $500,000 or higher — such as a $750,000 speech in Hong Kong in 2011, paid for by a Swedish communications company, and a $600,000 speech in the Netherlands, also in 2011, paid for by a Dutch finance corporation.

Also, Renaissance Capital regularly invites world leaders to speak at its events, like former British Prime Minister Tony Blair and former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell.

Clinton may have been involved in the Russian "reset," but the effort wasn’t very successful. In his 2008 campaign, Obama said he would seek a less confrontational relationship with Russia. The official kickoff came in Geneva on March 6, 2009, when Clinton, the Obama administration’s top diplomat, gave her Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov a red "reset" button.

However, starting when Putin retook the presidency in 2012, the "reset" started to fall apart, in part because Putin accused Clinton personally of stoking anti-Putin protests. Without mentioning Putin specifically, Clinton had said the United States was concerned about the conduct of Russia’s elections and that the Obama administration supported the rights of the Russian people.

In 2013, the relationship strained further when Russia took in Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who had leaked a large trove of sensitive intelligence. And in 2014, Russia invaded Ukraine, prompting new U.S. sanctions on Russia.

Trump is possibly referring to information uncovered in a trove of emails stolen from former Clinton campaign chair John Podesta and published on Wikileaks. The emails include excerpts from some of Clinton’s remarks after she left the State Department, including a 2013 speech to Goldman Sachs where she said "we would very much like to have a positive relationship with Russia," and a 2013 speech to financial organization Sanford Bernstein, where she said Putin is "an engaging and, you know, very interesting conversationalist."

But in the same document, there are excerpts of speeches where Clinton condemned Russia’s Ukraine invasion, called the 2011 parliamentary elections in Russia "fraudulent," questioned Putin’s record on civil liberties, and said Europe should lessen its dependence on Russia for energy resources.

Putin "has used his energy weapon to intimidate Europe," she said in 2014, speaking to software company Marketo.

In 2011, Podesta joined the board of Joule Unlimited, a solar-based alternative fuel company headquartered in Massachusetts, with operations in New Mexico and the Netherlands. A few months after Podesta took on this role, Anatoly Chubais, chairman and CEO of Russia-backed investment fund RUSNANO, also joined Joule’s board.

There doesn’t appear to be anything untoward or illegal about the fact that Podesta sat on a corporate board with a Russian banker. Nonetheless, some of his and Clinton’s critics have played it up. Conservative website the Daily Caller has allegedthat Podesta didn’t properly disclose his shares in Joule when he joined the Obama administration in 2014.

Maybe, just maybe, we investigate people on both sides to rid Russia's influence? Nah, fuck that, my side is better!!

We were given insight into the mind of right-wing politicians like Price by Steve Manurechin's wife:

They believe, being rich, that they pay so much in taxes all their government funded transportation has already been somehow paid for - by them.

Did you copy and paste that shit directly from huffpo or what?

Facts
Uranium one

1fdp.jpg

Bill Clinton received half a million for a speech. If Trump had done the same, you would lose your mind.

The reset, was hilariously a perfect example of Obama/Clinton FP. A complete failure.

Podesta is involved in both Satanic rituals, and big Russian money. Please, does anyone know what a handkerchief with a pizza related map is? Anyone?

How in the world did you think posting that shit would help? It's just a reminder Hillary was the worst candidate in modern history.

Economic policy[edit]
In 2011, Price voted to reduce non-security discretionary spending to 2008 levels[56][57][58] (and subsequently voted against several amendments offered via motions to recommit with instructions).[59]

In 2013, he was the main sponsor of the Require a PLAN Act (mandating that the President identify a fiscal year in which the budget will be balanced).[60][61] He voted for the No Budget, No Pay Act[62][63] and a resolution establishing a budget for the United States Government for FY 2014 that passed the House of Representatives.[64]

In 2011, Price voted to prohibit federal funding of National Public Radio.[65]

Price voted to terminate the Emergency Mortgage Relief Program.[66]

Price voted to reduce federal spending and the deficit by terminating taxpayer financing of presidential election campaigns and party conventions.[67]

Seems like each and every member of their swamp team is an asshole living like royalty at the expense of taxpayers.

Today on MSNBC, they pointed out how each appointee assistant whatevers was just some random political supporter whose resume includes tire sales or other lame-o loser jobs. Zero qualifications, but they were given the jobs. Reminds me of news stories of Rex wanting to hire qualified people, but was told by younger staff people that they needed to fill those positions with political supporters.

Did you copy and paste that shit directly from huffpo or what?

Facts
Uranium one

1fdp.jpg

Bill Clinton received half a million for a speech. If Trump had done the same, you would lose your mind.

The reset, was hilariously a perfect example of Obama/Clinton FP. A complete failure.

Podesta is involved in both Satanic rituals, and big Russian money. Please, does anyone know what a handkerchief with a pizza related map is? Anyone?

How in the world did you think posting that shit would help? It's just a reminder Hillary was the worst candidate in modern history.
Dude, lay off the infowars, that crap you just repeated is crazy and proven as false, its all lies.

Dude, lay off the infowars, that crap you just repeated is crazy and proven as false, its all lies.

By all means refute a single thing I posted.

And while you're at it, please tell us what Mr Podestas handkerchief with a pizza related map is.

PS, I've never watched a single thing from infowars. That being said, I don't like him for his truther bullshit, sandy hook, etc.

By all means refute a single thing I posted.

And while you're at it, please tell us what Mr Podestas handkerchief with a pizza related map is.

PS, I've never watched a single thing from infowars. That being said, I don't like him for his truther bullshit, sandy hook, etc.
So in your head, pizza gate is real?

Back