Survivor Season 34: Game Changers

Culpepper's feelings and ego got the best of him! He was holding grudges against Tai instead of thinking about whether Tai or Sarah was the biggest threat to him.

Thing is people's perceptions now on how they'd have voted versus then out on the island are likely different. I think you vote with more emotion during the game and Tai the one time refugee florist versus the professional athlete personal injury lawyer millionaire would only need to have flipped one of the what if votes on finale night. All those who said "Tai" on the reunion would likely have voted for him on the island as well, so just need one of the Brad votes to flip.

The reunion voters opinions are influenced by the show editing - they see a lot of what they didn't personally see on the island afterall and given Brad was F3 and was sold as the only other viable winner and thus needed a decent winners edit.

Too many twists on this season. I mean how can it be a game if you don't know the friggin rules when you start playing it. Season blew up on the botched two tribes one tribal where Malcolm went home. That fuck up led to JT's boot as well and very likely Sandra not making the jury at the very least. They have so many pre-merge tribe swaps now to prevent strong alliances forming and majority just picking off minority one-by-one with surgical precision. That makes for boring seasons, but I think this season went too far in trying to mitigate that happening.

Thing is people's perceptions now on how they'd have voted versus then out on the island are likely different. I think you vote with more emotion during the game and Tai the one time refugee florist versus the professional athlete personal injury lawyer millionaire would only need to have flipped one of the what if votes on finale night. All those who said "Tai" on the reunion would likely have voted for him on the island as well, so just need one of the Brad votes to flip.

The reunion voters opinions are influenced by the show editing - they see a lot of what they didn't personally see on the island afterall and given Brad was F3 and was sold as the only other viable winner and thus needed a decent winners edit.

Too many twists on this season. I mean how can it be a game if you don't know the friggin rules when you start playing it. Season blew up on the botched two tribes one tribal where Malcolm went home. That fuck up led to JT's boot as well and very likely Sandra not making the jury at the very least. They have so many pre-merge tribe swaps now to prevent strong alliances forming and majority just picking off minority one-by-one with surgical precision. That makes for boring seasons, but I think this season went too far in trying to mitigate that happening.
I have no doubts Brad would've won just based off the fact Tai can't articulate anything ever. His final tribal performance in Kaoh Rong was horrible. But either way, for sure its still tough to say for reasons you mentioned and Tai definitely had things going for him himself.

I was satisfied with the ending. I was pulling for Sarah, and she got the job done.

Culpepper was so damned good in the challenges! I wouldn't have been disappointed if he won. He was a monster at the end. I did not like his bullying treatment of Tai.

Troyzan tagged along too much. I did not feel like he deserved to win. He seems like a decent dude, but just didn't get the job done enough for me to consider him to win.

I enjoyed this season quite a bit. There were probably too many swerves to keep the drama artificially high, but I still had fun.

They should bring Haylie back every season. Hnnngg!

Fucking Debbie needs to go away forever and never be brought back. She's such a smug psycho.

Culpepper got cocky at the end there, twisted out of shape by Tai. Sarah was a huge threat and he should've taken her out. I'm glad she won, played a well rounded game and deserved it.

Also like how they restructured final tribal this time around, giving focus to the jury deliberations instead of the past few years where bitter people were looking to just muddy up the waters. It was a more open ended forum and made for an interesting change.

Next season they've gotta cut down on the twists though, too many tribal swaps and way too much tribal council scrambling. People shouldn't be allowed to stand up and start whispering new strategy like this season. Open conversations is one thing, but private discussions among various members should stop once they leave camp.

Yeah new Final Tribal format was cool, it allowed for more back and forth. I felt kinda bad for Troyzan who must have quickly realized he wasn't in the running. He handled it well though.

I was a bit surprised at how bitter people were acting toward Sarah but I guess that reflected the tone of the entire season i.e. everyone was going hard all season and seemed to be taking everything is really seriously. Sarah played a great game though and totally deserved to win.

One quibble... Sarah still didn't play the vote stealer advantage correctly. Michaela was voted out 4-2-1. The extra vote was taken from Tai and if the vote hadn't been stolen at most it would have been 3-2-2. This was simply the first time that the stolen vote went towards the person who was eliminated.

Overall I thought this was an enjoyable but ultimately average season.

Yeah new Final Tribal format was cool, it allowed for more back and forth. I felt kinda bad for Troyzan who must have quickly realized he wasn't in the running. He handled it well though.

I was a bit surprised at how bitter people were acting toward Sarah but I guess that reflected the tone of the entire season i.e. everyone was going hard all season and seemed to be taking everything is really seriously. Sarah played a great game though and totally deserved to win.

One quibble... Sarah still didn't play the vote stealer advantage correctly. Michaela was voted out 4-2-1. The extra vote was taken from Tai and if the vote hadn't been stolen at most it would have been 3-2-2. This was simply the first time that the stolen vote went towards the person who was eliminated.

Overall I thought this was an enjoyable but ultimately average season.

Same feelings here. Sarah was a deserved winner which was tarnished a bit by Culpepper's stupid move in my mind (which Sarah had no role in influencing). There were big moments in the season, but can't help but feel like the season was just average overall despite the fact that they had a good group who were playing really hard.

I agree, from week to week it was entertaining but ultimately was an average season.

Apparently Sarah, Brad, and Troyzan had a final three deal and exchanged valuables to lock it down. Brad gave Sarah his wedding band, I'm not sure what Sarah and Troyzan used.

decided to binge watch season 3 of Aussie survivor, have to say its pretty on par with the american version. just getting into season 4 of the new AU season.

55 days 24 contestants each episode has a reward, immunity and tribal council. episodes run from 60 minutes to 75 minutes.

I guess aussies do like to do things bigger.

The host is a cross of probst and wolverine.

I'd say the most interesting thing is woman are far more aggressive on that show then on the american version. Most likely cultural.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back