Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers

Kinda surprised that they got rid of Patrick. I thought they might keep him around to be a big, dumb meat-shield at the merge. I guess screwing up the challenge did him in.

damn, not liking the theme of this season at all....

this season just feels tired and stale

God, Survivor fb page is promoting the romance between the virgin girl and some dude.

Really not digging this season yet

So happy Alan & Joe ended up on the same tribe. Didn't take long for an awesome scene.

Hope neither goes home

I've hated the challenges this season too. Where is the mud wrestling basketball?

Agree with everyone saying this season has been a snoozer so far. The nerdy bell hop is really the only guy that has grabbed my attention.

The team immunity challenges are dull....some sort of easy team based physical component (usually lifting something) followed by a puzzle which by their very nature aren't fun to watch.

my gripe with the season is that these "hidden advantages" aren't hidden...they are plants, and they are essentially forcing players hands into playing them to create good ratings..

Alan probably would not be gone if a production construct wasn't just gifted to the dumb virgin moron girl.

It completely takes the authenticity away from the game, when production is like "OOH WE WANT A TIE OR FIRE BREAKING! OR PEOPLE TO USE IDOLS FOR #BACKDOOR!"

like it just feels so forced! so does the theme too...

how many times do people in their 1 on 1's say the theme "heroes' hustlers' healers?" like they all do...because they're TOLD to...the theme is shoved so hard down the audiences throats, but none of the challengers, rewards, ANYTHING has anything to do with the theme of the show...it just sounds like someone at CBS Survivor production is a big overwatch fan or something...

last wednesdays episode was OK....but only because of production constructs forcing the players into actually doing stuff... Joe only went off because of a tribe shuffle, Alan only went home because of a planted secret advantage that HAD to be used, its dumb.

I really...really dont like the vibe of this season at all... there might be a glimmer of hope from some of the players later on, but holy it just feels soooo forced right now

Alan didn't go home because of the secret advantage. If they'd had the third vote it would have been for Joe anyway and been cancelled by the immunity idol. He went home because they didn't read Joe correctly and called his bluff.

That said, this season seems very straightforward so far. Hopefully it picks up post-merge.

These game changing advantages USUALLY work out terribly like with Malcolm and Cirie last season. But as much as I liked Alan, I loved this advantage and how it changed the dynamics. Something I was thinking (and the GOAT Rob Cesternino pointed out the same) is that once Devon had it, Joe (who I was thinking but any of the 4 people really) could've tried saving the idol by pitching "were gonna end up in a tie and going to rocks, lets vote out Devon and then its 2-2 and no rock draw". Overall I just didn't mind at all how this advantage worked out, or how the first episode super idol was there. Again something GOAT Cesternino and Fishbach have discussed, but time limit idols like the one in first episode are actually a great idea and I hope to see it more.

This season is OK thus far. The problem has been very predictable gameplay mixed with very bad gameplay up until this last episode, but there are a handful of interesting players for sure. I can see this season taking off post merge, especially if Joe can stick around

They should do a season where there are no teams - everyone on their own. They put them on one of those tropical islands and scatter weapons across the island, then drop them in with parachutes all over. Only one survives.. also at certain points, the area they have to be in gets smaller on the island and if they leave the area, the toxic gas will dominate them.

Dam Sun, that would make a good movie.

Cole is an idiot. Hope Jessica gets to vote him out in the future.

As long as they don't vote out Ali (the prettiest and hottest girl this season) anytime soon, I'm a happy camper.

Last episode was a good one, finally! Don't like how the (dis)advantage worked out but Blondie is turning out to be a decent player. She has to stop trusting that idiot, Cole. I like Ali and the nerdy hustler guy. Das about it.

Oh, and there are already too many secret advantages and shit. I think the game is more interesting without so many twists and turns.

I think the time-limited advantages are a direct response to advantage-geddon in Game Changers when everyone but Cirie was immune. It was a crazy TV moment but it isn't really what production wants.

I agree that last week was the best episode so far. Hopefully this is where the season starts picking up.

Another fairly straightforward episode this week, though there were some good fireworks at tribal. I think Ryan messed up by not getting Alli on-board with voting out Roark. Sure he kept the older lady as an ally but probably lost Alli. For a guy who said he has to rely on his social game, that was a bad move socially.

This season has been so dull. I think the lack of action in this thread compared to other seasons speaks volumes. Hopefully the post-merge game heats up otherwise this will go down as a truly forgettable season.

Yeah still think there are some solid characters this season but just the way the game is playing out has made it pretty bland.

At least Joe somehow survived last tribal. As long as he is around I have someone to pull for and potential for excitement

This season has been so dull. I think the lack of action in this thread compared to other seasons speaks volumes. Hopefully the post-merge game heats up otherwise this will go down as a truly forgettable season.

Even survivor groups on fb that I'm in were pretty dead. Compared to last season my newsfeed were flooded by survivor posts

Last edited:
Yeah I usually listen to a handful of Survivor podcasts after each episode but this season I usually just listen to one (Survivor Know-It-Alls). It's weird because I feel like there are a lot of good characters left but that hasn't really translated to a great season. Probst has said that the finale is bonkers so maybe this season is a slow-burn and we'll be rewarded with a great end. Or maybe that's just typical Probst hype.

I think the issue is that they have been picking off peripheral people so there hasn't been much drama. My hope is that it gets to a point where the numbers are down and someone like Joe or Cole wins immunity forcing Ryan, Chrissy, Ben etc to turn on each other. I could see things blowing up at that point.

^ To be fair, last season had the "game changer" returning players and I'd bet returning player seasons are more watched and talked about. It takes 3-4-5 episodes to learn the names of everybody in noob seasons.

There isn't any likable big personalities this season, and the nerdy ones are not personable really - Dr. Mike and Bellhop Ryan, you don't feel yourself pulling for them at all. Joe could be a villain with his grating personality BUT I think he might go soon and unceremoniously given his edit.

Of the remaining players I mean I don't have any real affinity or fandom for any of them. I guess Chrissy, Ben and Ashley are likable enough.

Back