Surprise: Ancient Gladiators Were Vegetarians (according to Smithsonian)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Doomer

Doomer Brown Belt

Do you even believe in third eye? Do you believe in righteous beings? Do you believe in karma? Do you believe bad deeds are sooner or later paid? And eating so many animals (especially when there is no need) is a bad deed right? So karma will get you back for that?

Or you don't believe in any of that truth?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. 90 50

90 50 Black Belt

On this planet eating other living things is not immoral. Does the lion get looked down upon for eating the lamb?
    Vegatebles are living things as well, what gives you the right to end thier lives as well, they are living organic beings also.

3. Paul Newbman

Paul Newbman Fool Hand Luke

You're only looking at things through your two eyes, not the 3rd eye! Like Jesus, Aristotles, Jim Carey, Betty White, learn to free yourself of your demons and be accepting of the cleansing. You'll be weak at first but believe me, a lot of people, and others, whom I personally know have done this and that's knowledge! Let it go, the snow never bothered me anyway!

yamahacrasher and 90 50 like this.
  4. bandicoot

bandicoot Red Belt

Do you know that plants can feel? Can hear? They can literally communicate with each other. And you eat them everyday.

Murderer.

yamahacrasher and 90 50 like this.
  5. Paul Newbman

Murderer?! Ha, don't be so close minded...accept the cleansing...it will unleash your inner nirvana. Dont let bad habits of eating animals cloud your judgement, its too easy to be fooled! ha ha ha....learn to respect your surroundings, karma will thank you for it and your soul will be intact!

bandicoot likes this.
  6. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Black Belt

I don't find it difficult to maintain mass at all just eating plants.

Doomer likes this.
  7. bandicoot

bandicoot Red Belt

How do you feel about eating living things that can hear and feel and talk to each other?

smooth assassin likes this.
  8. Scerpi

Scerpi Black Belt

Do you believe in.....

The fact that 85% of Vegetarians and 70% of Vegans abandon the diet and go back to eating meat again? Sorry... I just had to do it. So I guess 99% of the World's population's souls are doomed right.... We're all going to suffer from.... getting eating by worms eventually I suppose.

This is why Vegans are so angry and militant. They feel the need to go a full frontal assault to shame everyone and anyone who don't participate. For them, there needs to be that full negative stigma that eating meat is evil, that they're the chosen one's to spread the message... and it's their destiny in life to save as many souls as possible from burning in hell.

I lived in Utah for many years and Vegan's are shockingly similar to the missionaries and the cult like personalities from the people I met from the Polygamists communities.

Seriously man, I have no idea what y'all get out of all this. Running around insulting everyone while showering people with supposed facts? Are you really trying to do your best to convert as many non-believers as possible? Because in the end, you just end up confirming people's ideas that most Vegans are raving lunatics. Which isn't true of course... right?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Black Belt

Eating mammals, fish, and the like doesn't appeal to me on a personal level and I find it environmentally irresponsible. Plants benefit from it(their seeds spreading via our poop.)

I lift heavy, train mma, work, and travel. Haven't been below 200lbs in probably 2 years generally with low bodyfat. The last thing anyone assumes about me when they see me is that I haven't had meat in a decade.

Wet Blanket, tonysmasseuse and Doomer like this.
  10. Seaside

Seaside Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores Yellow Card

fish!

pescaterian i think more so. but spain and parts like that have eaten pigs for centuries

11. bandicoot

bandicoot Red Belt

You didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking you why you don't eat meat.

12. Paul Newbman

That's cool man and I'm happy that you're happy with that lifestyle - it works for you, great. I think the perception from non vegans is well written or summed up above by @Scerpi . No one is saying it's the wrong lifestyle for you. You do what works for you and we'll do what works for us. Just like politics though, when morals are brought in, it becomes a whole other, dumb conversation.

13. method115

method115 Steel Belt

I don't know if any of that stuff is true. Nobody does people just like to pretend they do cause it helps them deal with life better.

14. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Black Belt

Reread what I wrote.
    I don't care for douchey vegans but I won't shy away from the fact that I'm perturbed by what animals endure and if asked I support my choice with real data and sound rationale. I don't wag my finger at anyone nor do I feel morally superior. I'd want people to adopt a plant based lifestyle for their own benifit, not as an "I told you so."

Big Tuppy Hole and Wet Blanket like this.
  15. Paul Newbman

And that's a fair way of looking at things. Kudos.

ithinktheymad likes this.
  16. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

During the siege of Stalingrad in WW2 people were eating the glue from furniture and making soup using leather belts.

17. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Black Belt

[​IMG]

18. Paul Newbman

Shouldn't they have been taking cover instead of cooking during a military siege?

19. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

Well it lasted quite a while so they had to eat something.

20. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

A vegetarian's asshole, because it won't shut the fuck up.