Surgery sucks!!

The worst part is this damn pain in my abdomen. I can pretty much only lie on my back since this morphine drip isn't doing anything.

The best part is my roommate in this hospital. Old guy who the nurses have to treat like a toddler because he insists on acting like a 2-year old. He keeps pulling out his IV and wetting the bed. Very entertaining to watch the nurses deal with this guy.

So this is a heads up. My pain may make me irritable and you may notice a change in my usual upbeat personality.

I like it. Cut me on open n gimme drugs

Just think there are people who enjoy having surgery the same way people enjoy going to sporting events.

I forgot about this thread. Looking back, the recovery wasn't that bad. My hospital stay was longer than expected for a couple reasons and the worst part of it was this one mentally retarded roommate I had that seemed like he was more chimp than man

I forgot about this thread. Looking back, the recovery wasn't that bad. My hospital stay was longer than expected for a couple reasons and the worst part of it was this one mentally retarded roommate I had that seemed like he was more chimp than man
Wow you are an asshole. Your roommate sounds like he was old and had Alzheimer’s or something like that.

Wow you are an asshole. Your roommate sounds like he was old and had Alzheimer’s or something like that.
This was a different roommate, probably in his 20s or 30s. Dude kept shrieking and whining all the time, especially when the nurses came in to change him. They weren't hurting him. He would start shrieking as soon as they tried to touch him. Not to mention, he'd talk shit to them all the time.

I don't care that he's retarded. I didn't sign up to have this guy be my roommate, disturbing me all day/night and stinking up the room all the time, constantly shitting on himself.

Yeah, morphine never really did much for me either. Tell them and they may try something else. Norco always works for me. That’s the best part of surgery. Getting norco.

Yeah, morphine never really did much for me either. Tell them and they may try something else. Norco always works for me. That’s the best part of surgery. Getting norco.
I've been out of the hospital for 2 months now. Morphine worked most of the time. There were a couple of instances where they gave me Morphine and Percoset close together and I broke out in hives.

To help with the hives, they gave me Benadryl and holy shit, the drowsiness hit me almost immediately after they injected it. Felt great. Anything that helps me sleep is like gold to me.

Damn bro. I read all about Crohn's once because the lead singer of Glassjaw has it. Must be terrible. Hope shit pans out

You would think that being in a hospital would have made you more understanding of other people's misfortunes. You are still a knob even after this experience? How is that possible?

You would think that being in a hospital would have made you more understanding of other people's misfortunes. You are still a knob even after this experience? How is that possible?
Whose misfortunate? My misfortunate for having to be exposed to that 24/7 while trying to recover? Or the retarded guy whose oblivious to the negative impact he's having on his roommate and every single nurse/doctor who came into the room?

The worst part is this damn pain in my abdomen. I can pretty much only lie on my back since this morphine drip isn't doing anything.

The best part is my roommate in this hospital. Old guy who the nurses have to treat like a toddler because he insists on acting like a 2-year old. He keeps pulling out his IV and wetting the bed. Very entertaining to watch the nurses deal with this guy.

So this is a heads up. My pain may make me irritable and you may notice a change in my usual upbeat personality.

Shut Up

true story... i was a 3rd year med student.. and on my surgery rotation.. this chick had a colostomy that was infected with gram negative diplococci.. for the layman.. that's gonorrhea..

TS.. get your freak on

Whose misfortunate? My misfortunate for having to be exposed to that 24/7 while trying to recover? Or the retarded guy whose oblivious to the negative impact he's having on his roommate and every single nurse/doctor who came into the room?
Show some empathy you fucktard. Why insult a guy who clearly needs help. Not everyone has a quick recovery. God forbid you see a loved one go through cancer. But from the way you talk I don't think you have loved ones in your life.

Show some empathy you fucktard. Why insult a guy who clearly needs help. Not everyone has a quick recovery. God forbid you see a loved one go through cancer. But from the way you talk I don't think you have loved ones in your life.
<36>

Stop whining. I was in a hospital. All the patients needed help and all of us had pain to varying degrees. The nurses there were doing their best to help everyone and the retard was annoying everyone. It was glorious when that chimp left the room. Kinda hope he fell down the stairs after he left

<36>

Stop whining. I was in a hospital. All the patients needed help and all of us had pain to varying degrees. The nurses there were doing their best to help everyone and the retard was annoying everyone. It was glorious when that chimp left the room. Kinda hope he fell down the stairs after he left

Why are you always on an asshole though? I've noticed that you are full of negativity on nearly every thread. Makes me wonder how you are in real life, if you have issues you can talk about it with me. I'll be glad to listen

Why are you always on an asshole though? I've noticed that you are full of negativity on nearly every thread. Makes me wonder how you are in real life, if you have issues you can talk about it with me. I'll be glad to listen
Why are you so sensitive? Have you never made fun of a retard in your life? Try it sometime, it's funny.

Either you're a chick or you're one of the few dudes out there who didn't grow up being friends with dudes who busted each others' balls.

All jokes aside, though, I do hope that one of that retarded dude's handlers snaps and strangles him. His behavior was completely unacceptable (even for a retard), especially in a hospital setting where patients need rest and relaxation to help them recover

Why are you so sensitive? Have you never made fun of a retard in your life? Try it sometime, it's funny.

Either you're a chick or you're one of the few dudes out there who didn't grow up being friends with dudes who busted each others' balls.

All jokes aside, though, I do hope that one of that retarded dude's handlers snaps and strangles him. His behavior was completely unacceptable (even for a retard), especially in a hospital setting where patients need rest and relaxation to help them recover

Who is sensitive? You're insulting a guy who is struggling with his health in a hospital. There is no need for that attitude. Hospitals are not hotels, you're there to get better. Suck it up and be a man.

I have plenty of friends and no we don't act like teenagers anymore. Some of us decided to grow up and be productive people.

Back