Law Supreme Court, upholds ruling Planned Parenthood keeps public funding

So we can choose any controversial statement to be representative of the opposing party's platform even if they are in the extreme minority with that opinion?

Brother, anti-abortion is not position held only by an extreme minority of conservative voters.

Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch were dissenters

So Trump's latest pick, Kavanaugh, did decline to hear an abortion case. Not even strictly abortion, just public funding for planned parenthood

Thanks

US needs 12 weeks ban like most of the world has. Only medical can be for late terms.

18 weeks, and only with mandatory contraceptive and sex-ed education from 6th-grade up. Mandatory checks for both men and women, with no ability for parents to claim "religious" reasons to abstain from it. Increased funding for both single-parent welfare as well as clinic funding. Mandatory 6-month 100% covered maternity leave.

Then you can have your precious federal restriction on a person's control over her body.

When will you Rubes realize Roe v Wade is not getting over turned. The GOP quotes 2 Corinthians and waves a Bible around, so they can get the Christians votes but don't do a damn thing to further the Christian agenda. You have been duped.

what does this commentary have to do with the Supreme Court?

i dont think anyone, religious voters included, are hoping the candidate they vote for will nominate judges that will have their faith over-rule doing their job properly and ethically.

This is why we need to support Trump and get more conservatives on the bench. The reality is Roberts is a liberal and we don't know about the Kav yet. He could go mad with power like Souter. Amy Barrett needs to get on the bench.

Thomas wrote a good dissent. Scroll to the end of this link to read it.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/121018zor_f2ah.pdf
That is why, is it? Let's make this clear. You think people should support Trump no matter how awful a person he may be, and you think he should appoint conservatives to the bench regardless of their qualifications, just so you can have a say in what other people do with their bodies? The land of the free, right here folks. Come get some.

That is why, is it? Let's make this clear. You think people should support Trump no matter how awful a person he may be, and you think he should appoint conservatives to the bench regardless of their qualifications, just so you can have a say in what other people do with their bodies? The land of the free, right here folks. Come get some.

I never said that Trump should appoint people regardless of their qualifications. He should appoint smart educated people that will adhere to the text of the Constitution and not try to legislate from the bench. My position is that if gay marriage abortion (and I am aware that abortion is technically not part of this case) and all the other rights judges have found should be decided by the legislator or added in to the constituion through the amendment process

Never lived in Louisiana or Kansas, but super psyched to keep paying for chicks to kill their babies when they don't want to take care of them.

200.gif

And our tax dollars shouldn't be paying for other people to abort their own children.

Luckily for you, they aren't. Abortion services do not receive tax dollars.

Never lived in Louisiana or Kansas, but super psyched to keep paying for chicks to kill their babies when they don't want to take care of them.

200.gif

Yes, you'd much rather they grow up poor, hungry, and desperate (because you god-fearing conservatives sure as shit aren't going to pay for social services), then bitch about them not becoming advanced workers and having to pay for their unemployment, then bitch about them being criminals, then bitch about having to pay for their housing and meals while they cycle in and out of the corrections systems.

In short, you'll find a way to bitch.

Also, your tax dollars aren't paying for abortions.

Why can't the religious right respect the constitution?

I think it was a statement to show how wrong leftists were about Republicans being hostile to vulnerable people.

I never said that Trump should appoint people regardless of their qualifications. He should appoint smart educated people that will adhere to the text of the Constitution and not try to legislate from the bench. My position is that if gay marriage abortion (and I am aware that abortion is technically not part of this case) and all the other rights judges have found should be decided by the legislator or added in to the constituion through the amendment process
Well, you're certainly right that if something is deemed unconstitutional it's then up to legislators to amend the constitution if they want to do whatever it is they were trying to do when it was so deemed. But then aren't you saying the constitution is like any other legislation and you can just overhaul it whenever you like just because a court ruling doesn't go your way? How about just accepting that your crap position is unconstitutional because it's wrong and shutting the fuck up about it?

This panic over losing abortions has been pretty embarrassing, IMO.

Abortions were never publicly funded. The hatred towards Planned Parenthood is part of a larger conservative push against women's rights. Planned Parenthood is the totem the hard right loves to hold up to rally all the dipshits who know nothing about PP, yet will rally against it. They do in fact provide much more than abortions....

I think it was a statement to show how wrong leftists were about Republicans being hostile to vulnerable people.

Just because you lose one battle, that does not mean you are not fighting the war. Conservatives, especially christian ones, have made their positions on Trump very clear pertaining to their want of him to appoint people into positions of power in order to satisfy their religious morality, which includes removing abortion rights.

The Behe Dover trial exposed Behe as a fraud, and creationism as nonsense, but that did nothing to stop the hardcore christian right wing from pushing the shit to this day.

Just because you lose one battle, that does not mean you are not fighting the war. Conservatives, especially christian ones, have made their positions on Trump very clear pertaining to their want of him to appoint people into positions of power in order to satisfy their religious morality, which includes removing abortion rights.

The Behe Dover trial exposed Behe as a fraud, and creationism as nonsense, but that did nothing to stop the hardcore christian right wing from pushing the shit to this day.

The fundamental driving force behind Trumps appointments wasn't row V Wade. It was about keeping deep state globalists and radical progressives from shaping the legal system.

Sure Christian's may have hoped for that who cares. Remember Trump wasn't only elected by Christians.

The fundamental driving force behind Trumps appointments wasn't row V Wade. It was about keeping deep state globalists and radical progressives from shaping the legal system.

Sure Christian's may have hoped for that who cares. Remember Trump wasn't only elected by Christians.

And did Trump fight back against the deep state globalists (which I'm not sure you guys can even define or name) with Gorusch and Kavanaugh? Do you think they'll protect him when the deep state brings charges to him?

I also don't think you realize just how influential the religious right is on the conservative side. If you don't have their support, and make promises to them like Trump and Bush did, you won't win, end of story.

Planned parenthood should be funded. Not defunding them was the right thing to do.

And did Trump fight back against the deep state globalists (which I'm not sure you guys can even define or name) with Gorusch and Kavanaugh? Do you think they'll protect him when the deep state brings charges to him?

I also don't think you realize just how influential the religious right is on the conservative side. If you don't have their support, and make promises to them like Trump and Bush did, you won't win, end of story.

No they will protect the countries legal system from being transformed into a radical leftist clusterfuck like canadas legal system that tries to put child rapists and child murders in minimum security and wants to erode due process to pave the way for feminist accusations.

This has almost nothing to do with abortion rights.

That's a red herring issue in the big picture.

I have a dumb question for people. Are Planned Parenthood considered mandatory reporters? Of things like sexual assault and child abuse and shit like that?

Back