Supplements of those who train seriously | Page 2

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by curlyface, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Not everyone... but a whole lot of sherdoggers.

2. rickjamez Orange Belt

rickjamez
    In my opinion caffein messes you up in the long term. Yeah it may get you through training, but it makes sure you dont get into deep sleep, thus dont recover as well. so the next day you're tired, not recovered, and you need caffein again just to show up to class. Its a negative cycle.

Quit the caffein.
    Use fish oil supplements
    take magnesium after training before going to bed.
    take vitamin D too.
    eat vegetables with your meals, eat lean meat, have most of your carbs before and just after training.

optional whey protein shake just after training.

go see a physical therapist or do Yoga once a week for active recovery, as you get older your body needs this.

3. 4daLuLZ Green Belt

4daLuLZ
    Whey protein and Creatine.
    That's it.

Everything else, eat clean and lots of multicoloured veggies n fruit.

4. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark

JudoThrowFiasco
    BCAA's help the most throughout the day as something to sip on, i find. Especially if you're dieting.

Creatine in small doses.

And you have to be careful about fish oil -- the cheap shit you get at drug stores is supe depleted -- its actually the old rancid shit that is processed to the gills (pun intended) to eliminate the taste but also killing its nutritional value.

5. fedors sweater Double Yellow Card

fedors sweater
    Most of us old guys can at least probably put together a proper sentance. Pay attention in class shooter!

6. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    ...and that's why you shouldn't get drunk and post on sherdog... or should you?

7. yossarian1979 Brown Belt

yossarian1979
    Yeah pretty much same here. I remember trying to watch through the paper view lines on UFC four, hearing about Dan Severn giving Royce a real run for his money. I lurk here everyday, yet havent posted in years lol.

8. Winbot Green Belt

Winbot
    Coffee, creatine and a decent multi-vitamin. Aside from that recovery is about getting proper sleep and eating right. I personally have found the two most detrimental things are low carb diets and not getting enough sleep. I do train 15-30 hours a week though so I've got extra room for carbs in my diet. Oh also Ibuprofen, that shit will save your ass when you're sore as fuck but have another day of hell to get through just make sure you eat something when you take it.