SUPERGIRL TV Series (Returns January 23, 2017)

btw, Lena Luthor is my favorite part of the new season. I love her character. Not every goddamn exec in the world is actually a psychopath. Some executives really are decent people, and it's refreshing that Lena Luthor is portrayed as one of them.
I wouldn't get too attached to Lena as a good guy girl. I bet they'll make Kara and her besties, only to make her into her arch enemy (a la Lex from Smallville).

I liked the episode except for the fact that the Fortress of Solitude's security system is really shitty.
Par for the course for Kryptonian security as we saw in Batman v Superman.

Communion.png

I know the first season took a while to get going, but that show had plenty of hot women from the get go.

For example...

Eliza Taylor is attractive and cute but I'm the same with @Anung Un Rama, I like em to be a bit slender (and tall-ish).

The CW are a bunch of lying bastards. "Crossover starts with Supergirl". Bullshit. A 30 second stinger doesn't count you assholes. I don't watch Supergirl because I don't like it but tuned in anyways assuming the four night event would actually, you know, involve all four nights. I'm now debating skipping the rest of the episodes out of spite.

Can you tell I'm not a happy camper?

So the Supergirl episode didn't really tie in? Well that's good for me since I wasn't able to catch it, because I don't have the channel that shows season 2. I'm in Canada and CTV shows Arrow, Flash and Legends while Global showed Supergirl season 1. But with season 2 Supergirl is on showcase and I don't have that channel.

So the Supergirl episode didn't really tie in? Well that's good for me since I wasn't able to catch it, because I don't have the channel that shows season 2. I'm in Canada and CTV shows Arrow, Flash and Legends while Global showed Supergirl season 1. But with season 2 Supergirl is on showcase and I don't have that channel.
Yeah, it was a brief dimensional bubble showing up during one fight then it was the last 30-45 seconds in Kara's apartment. I was like, this is lame and a waste of time.

Yeah, it was a brief dimensional bubble showing up during one fight then it was the last 30-45 seconds in Kara's apartment. I was like, this is lame and a waste of time.

Was Flash even in the episode?

Anyway, that's all good then, I can just YouTube the minute or so that's relevant.

I can't believe people didn't know that the crossover is only going to be short in this episode, everyone in other places already know this.

i mean this Super girl episode are the only one that are not named "Invasion", if you still don't know that the crossover didn't actually "start" with Flash, idk what to say to you.

the next Flash, Arrow and LOT episode are name "Invasion", that where the crossover will "officially" begin.

good episode though.

It didn't shock me too much that the last episode didn't really tie into the crossover much.

1. Supergirl has been established to be in a different parallel universe from the rest of the Arrowverse.
2. After the last episode, they clearly weren't going to let their Cadmus plotline take a backseat while Supergirl ran off.

"HELL YEAH!"
is the answer Mon-El should have given when Supergirl asked if he wanted to mate with her.

This Daxamite might turn out to be a Kree, hmmm...

But all in all, Supes and Mon-El shipping is cute.
Honestly, there's no true male Kree in Supergirl, despite Molotov Cocktease's trail of blue balls she's left in her wake. Winn made it clear he liked her, but she turned him down, but he eventually started seeing Siobhan, who apparently only wanted to bang. She was the one pining after James for most of the first season while he was seeing Lucy. She eventually realized that the two of them didn't work out, but I'd hardly call James a Kree in that situation. Mon-El could never be a Kree, for the simple reason that Earth women have been letting him bang since they let him step foot outside of the DEO. If anything Kara is the Kree in this situation. While they're both clearly interested in each other, Kara is the one hopelessly pining while Mon-El is the one still getting some.

Honestly, the only person out of all three potential relationships who never actually got any was Kara. She's the real Kree.

btw, why the hell is his last name "El" too? He's not even a Kryptonian, let alone in Superman and Kara's family.

I wouldn't get too attached to Lena as a good guy girl. I bet they'll make Kara and her besties, only to make her into her arch enemy (a la Lex from Smallville).
It's possible, but I just don't see it happening as of right now.

Lena was legitimately offended and distraught when Supergirl told her that Lillian was head of a terrorist organization. After finding out the truth, she literally turned her own "mother" in without anything resembling hesitation. She's a woman of principle, at least so far.

Last edited:
I can't believe people didn't know that the crossover is only going to be short in this episode, everyone in other places already know this.

i mean this Super girl episode are the only one that are not named "Invasion", if you still don't know that the crossover didn't actually "start" with Flash, idk what to say to you.

the next Flash, Arrow and LOT episode are name "Invasion", that where the crossover will "officially" begin.

good episode though.

Dude please just stop

One thing I couldn't get out of my head during all of Lena's interactions with Lillian was the nagging suspicion that Lena is actually Papa Luthor's biological daughter and one of the reasons why Lillian dislikes her is that she knows this.

Or maybe I'm just projecting Smallville's Lionel Luthor into this yet unnamed Luthor Sr. Fathering a child and then "adopting" her to make his wife raise the kid is so something Lionel would've done.

good episode though.
The CW advertised this over and over and over and over a FOUR NIGHT CROSSOVER EVENT!!!!!!! (emphasis theirs) Was it a four night event? Fuck. No. It sure as shit was not. To refresh your memory, this is one of the promos they were running. And I quote: "The four night crossover event starts with Supergirl". Which I'm pretty sure any reasonable person would say is, if not an outright lie, at the very least a major misrepresentation of the episode's content.

Lol every male friend on the show wants to bang Kara. She's already friend zone most of them.

We're getting a classic Superman villain for Kara to deal with in the second half of this season. His name? Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Mr. Mxyzptlk Is Coming to Supergirl
http://comicbook.com/2016/12/02/mr-mxyzptlk-is-coming-to-supergirl/

Hang onto your (tiny, purple) hats: Famed Superman villain Mr. Mxyzptlk is coming to Supergirl on The CW in 2017.

The character will appear in two episodes. No official character bio has been released, and no actor has been cast, but The CW confirmed Mxyzptlk's appearance for ComicBook.com.

Mr. Mxyzptlk is a powerful "fifth-dimensional imp" whose battles with the Man of Steel are defined by a sense of fun and mischief more than malice -- but that doesn't mean there won't be destruction when he comes to town. Mxyzptlk's idea of a good time is to make a building come to life and start walking around town, crushing everything in its wake while it throws a temper tantrum.

In most versions of the mythology, Mr. Mxyzptlk can only come to the DC Universe every so often; when he's sent away, usually by being tricked into saying or writing his name backwards, he returns to his own dimension and comes back only once the "rules" allow him to.

There are some stories that have reinvented him as a more "serious" threat with darker understones, including Countdown to Final Crisis and the Grant Morrison run on Action Comics which came at the beginning of DC Comics's 2011 contunity reboot, The New 52. It seems unlikely that a show as light as Supergirl, though, would take one of comics's most lighthearted villains and make him anything too dark.

Created in 1944 by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Ira Yarborough, Mr. Mxyzptlk features heavily in the recently-reprinted World's Funnest collection, in which he faces off with his fellow god-like, childlike imp, Bat-Mite. Supergirl will not be the character's live-action debut; he previously appeared in The Adventures of Superboy, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and Smallville.

mxyzptlk-supergirl-214813.jpg

(Photo: DC Entertainment)
Yesterday, EW reported that, with the Invasion! crossover now in the rear-view mirror and the midseason finales for The Flash, Arrow, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow set to air next week, producers' attention was turning to prepping the Supergirl/The Flash musical crossover episode. While there's certainly no guarantee Mxy will serve as an antagonist for such a story, there is a certain logic to it: in one memorable post-Crisis on Infinite Earthsstory, Mxy entertained himself by forcing Superman and The Flash to have a race to prove who's fastest, while creating destructive diversions all around them.

Supergirl airs Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. New episodes will return in January. There is no known date yet for the episodes which will feature Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Additional reporting by Jay Jayson.

That actually looks pretty interesting.

I can also see them really hamming up the goofiness with the interplay between Kara and Mxyzptlk.

Update: December 21, 2016

Midseason Premiere Trailer for SUPERGIRL; Returns January 23

So, Supergirl wasn't bad, but it had its cheesy moments.

I almost cringed at Alex's attempted breakup with Maggie at the very not secure DEO (where literally anyone can just walk in the door), but I'm glad that they didn't and that Maggie knows about Supergirl. "The glasses don't help." Indeed.

Also, why the fuck did Alex leave Winn alone by the Stargate without any backup? It's simple logic that your only non-field agent, and only person capable of bringing your team and rescue targets back to home, should be guarded by at least a small team of agents.

Winn was the star of the episode, IMO. Basically all of his scenes were great. I liked his anger at James for not even coming to check on him after having a gun pointed at him. Both had ground to stand on too, IMO. For sure, James should at least have checked on him after Winn's first near death experience on the field, but James was also right in that basically all of his friends have near death experiences on a regular basis and he needs to sack up. The "I am not a red shirt!" chanting was hilarious. I do like that they're back to teaming up.

@Dragonlordxxxxx Kara continues to be the only Kree on this entire show. Literally everyone else has gotten laid except her, and she's the one pining after Mon-El.

btw, are they ever going to address that he has the same last name as Kal? Is "El" the Smith of Daxam and Krypton?

Your The OA review is spot on.
Thanks. Didn't realize you also watched The OA since I don't think I've read you commenting on it before.

So, Supergirl wasn't bad, but it had its cheesy moments.

I almost cringed at Alex's attempted breakup with Maggie at the very not secure DEO (where literally anyone can just walk in the door), but I'm glad that they didn't and that Maggie knows about Supergirl. "The glasses don't help." Indeed.

Also, why the fuck did Alex leave Winn alone by the Stargate without any backup? It's simple logic that your only non-field agent, and only person capable of bringing your team and rescue targets back to home, should be guarded by at least a small team of agents.

Winn was the star of the episode, IMO. Basically all of his scenes were great. I liked his anger at James for not even coming to check on him after having a gun pointed at him. Both had ground to stand on too, IMO. For sure, James should at least have checked on him after Winn's first near death experience on the field, but James was also right in that basically all of his friends have near death experiences on a regular basis and he needs to sack up. The "I am not a red shirt!" chanting was hilarious. I do like that they're back to teaming up.

@Dragonlordxxxxx Kara continues to be the only Kree on this entire show. Literally everyone else has gotten laid except her, and she's the one pining after Mon-El.

btw, are they ever going to address that he has the same last name as Kal? Is "El" the Smith of Daxam and Krypton?
Agree with everything you said.

I think Supergirl is a... Kreeptonian. <45>

I'm still meh-watching on Supergirl but I think Mon-El is the best thing that happened on the show for season 2. His charming, politically-incorrect character is a good fit with Kara and they have great chemistry.

I gave up on Supergirl for the season. It has just been painful. At least when the other DC shows lack on story, they keep their action tight.

Thanks. Didn't realize you also watched The OA since I don't think I've read you commenting on it before.
I super binged it because I thought it was amazing and couldn't stop watching. I was going to comment on it until I got to the last episode and raged.

Then I watched Westworld, Humans, and Crazyhead and all was forgotten.

Agree with everything you said.

I think Supergirl is a... Kreeptonian. <45>

I'm still meh-watching on Supergirl but I think Mon-El is the best thing that happened on the show for season 2. His charming, politically-incorrect character is a good fit with Kara and they have great chemistry.
deadpoolgoodone_zps8wajbzz4.gif

I like Mon-El too. They do have great chemistry.

One thing that's pissing me off though is that they kinda just glossed over that Lena Luthor just saved the entire city's alien population, and they didn't even address it? They can't even give a small one minute "thanks" scene or something?

Ofc, part of my ire is because Katie McGrath is nice to look at, but I mean... c'mon?

I gave up on Supergirl for the season. It has just been painful. At least when the other DC shows lack on story, they keep their action tight.
I specifically watch it because it's mostly lighthearted and easy on the neurons. It's my "turn off the brain" superhero show.

Also, as far as drama goes, it's the one CW show that doesn't make it largely forced. Look at Arrow and Flash, where they literally manufacture their own interpersonal conflicts. If there's no reason for the team to be fighting among themselves, oh they're definitely going to find some bullshit reason for that to change. Whereas in Supergirl, any interpersonal conflicts among the core cast are largely justified. It doesn't feel forced or downright stupid.

Look at the "best teamup ever" 4 part crossover. Oliver tried his Arrow-level drama manufacturing by telling Kara to sit one out because she's an alien and "an unknown quantity." It was fucking dumb. It was also something that wouldn't happen in SG.

Shotgun Axe.......

Serious though I don't like this whole plot on Agents of Shield with the LMDs. The first half with Ghost Rider was awesome but this new plot is terrible.
Yeah, I was surprised at how well the integrated GR into AoS.

I'm still willing to give the LMD thing a shot. If anything, it makes Radcliffe's characterization more believable, as he's finally acting in the same manner he used to when he was first introduced.

Back