Superfoot Wallace teaches guy a lesson during sparring after a seminar

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I found this pretty hilarious , especially if you watch it all the way through.​

Last edited:
Less funny, more sad. For everyone involved.

Pretty tame compared to what happens in most boxing gyms pretty much daily.

why even bring up something gay as karate especially point karate flipping there little kicks at you hoping to score a point

sparring isnt a fight, unless the other guy is a douche. Than it becomes a fight.

BIll was a full contact champion. similair to wonderboy thompson.

Bill gets a lot of disrespect but he's extremely talented. I went to a seminar of his in 2008 and I was extremely impressed. He was 63 & still could do the splits, kick extremely fluidly, & could throw nice boxing combinations. It's really something else that he could do all that despite his right leg being damaged. He was probably the only martial artist I remember wondering how good he was around 15 or 20 years ago and he would have still been in his mid 40's back then.

Looks like he's bullying the student. Big egos all around

Looks like he's bullying the student. Big egos all around
That was my impression, but U have to have an ego screw loose to be a lifelong pro fighter just to hang in there through all the physical damage at that level.

As an instructor it's my responsibility to have the self confidence and maturity not to stoop to retaliation if a student tags or throws you harder than you are hitting or throwing them. But I was never a world champion full contact kickboxer, so I don't know what it takes for them to sleep at night...

Bill Wallace is anything but a bully. I've been to a Wallace seminar and know people who have known him a long time, he's nothing but the opposite.

There was nothing wrong with that sparring video, he just clowned the guy and the guy looked to be smiling and enjoying it. It's not every day you get to say you were tagged at will by a world champ.

And LOL at the people bad mouthing Wallace in this thread. Bill's as tough as nails and fought full contact when it was unheard of in America. He wrestled at a college level and is a Judo black belt BEFORE learning Karate. He's very pragmatic and forward thinking, was very much ahead of his time.

Bill Wallace is an all time GOAT level man and fighter and deserves some respek on his name.

I had a guy that wanted to quasi spar while we were working technique in a seminar. I shut him down tactfully a couple of times and then he still wanted to do some of that crap. Then there were times I think I maybe should have fought him back more even though I was being an uke because he would start doing things other than the techniques being taught. Seminars are extremely fast paced and I am trying to learn as much as I can.
-At another seminar, we stopped doing a drill, so I turned my back to this guy literally and he threw a couple of air punches at my back and had a big smile on his face. Yeah, he got me. I thought he was just working something until I seen the video.
-My friend pulled his bicep b/c they were doing a drill quarter speed and then his partner went full speed all of the sudden. Yeah, one of the ways to win a quarter speed drill is to go full speed all of the sudden. I've seen that a lot.

If you want to spar, say so. You have to watch yourself at a seminar b/c there are tons of douchebags out there.

45 and 46 years young. That was impressive.

It seems to me like they were both in on it. It didn't look like one guy was getting bullied or annoyed. Seems like they were both just up for a more competitive spar. I never felt like I was watching a mauling throughout any of that.

Bill Wallace is anything but a bully. I've been to a Wallace seminar and know people who have known him a long time, he's nothing but the opposite.

There was nothing wrong with that sparring video, he just clowned the guy and the guy looked to be smiling and enjoying it. It's not every day you get to say you were tagged at will by a world champ.

And LOL at the people bad mouthing Wallace in this thread. Bill's as tough as nails and fought full contact when it was unheard of in America. He wrestled at a college level and is a Judo black belt BEFORE learning Karate. He's very pragmatic and forward thinking, was very much ahead of his time.

Bill Wallace is an all time GOAT level man and fighter and deserves some respek on his name.

I learned the "question mark" kick from Wallace in a magazine and I would nail fools with that all the time when I was a kid. He used to set up all of his kicks w/ a fake front

Looks like TaeKwon-Do-ish glove and foot protectors/doboks, not Karate. I think he's drilling hand techniques only in the clip, so that's why they don't kick. Pretty common in TKD

Propably some independent, non Olympic Dojang

Last edited:

The competition in those days was subpar but Wallace can't do anything about which era he fights in, and he is a great fighter no matter what

It seems to me like they were both in on it. It didn't look like one guy was getting bullied or annoyed. Seems like they were both just up for a more competitive spar. I never felt like I was watching a mauling throughout any of that.

That's not competitive sparring, it's normal..

Back