Superfly 3 confirmed for September 8th. No Sor Rungvisai :(

ironfist05

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

SSR/JFE II has been put on hold. Sor Rungvisai is going back to Thailand for another fight first, no word on that. Glad to hear it TBH. Between the shop wear from the last fight and hte recent divorce, I think this makes hte most sense for SSR to see where he's at. It'd be a shame if a rematch with JFE was blown because he wasn't mentally together. A match against a decent guy in Thailand will be a well deserved break.

Kinda worried if they make RoGo/JFE II. This seems to be just a cash grab. First he was supposed to face Yafai, which seemed too much, but doable. Then Guevara, which I was fine with. But this? Not sure I want to see it.

Leads to the question of who else is on the card. Probably Arroyo. Dalakian maybe? They have some flyweights they might be able to pull aside, but since Higa lost (whom they were scouting) and Nietes moved up, their viable opponents are dwindling. Not trying to see Dalakian/Reveco.

Well, it would have been insane to fight twice both Chocolatito and Estrada in a row. That being said, SSR isn't getting younger and looked shopworn at the very end of the Estrada fight. If he has trouble focusing on boxing, he may be upset by some decent guy.

If Gonzalez fights Estrada I think Estrada takes it. He's peaking and Roman is past it IMO.

Last edited:
i don't want chocolatito to fight estrada in his first fight back. that's just cruel.

https://www.boxingscene.com/sor-rungvisai-wants-defense-thailand-then-hbo-bout-2019--129274

Sor Rungvisai confirms he wants a title defense in thailand in late 2018 and then an HBO return in 2019.

WBC ratings are:

1 .- Juan Francisco Estrada (Mexico)
2 .- Roman Gonzalez (Nicaragua)
3 .- McWilliams Arroyo (P. Rico) SILVER
4 .- Andrew Moloney (Australia) COMM/OPBF
5 .- Koki Eto (Japan)
6 .- Rex Tso (Hong Kong) ABCO
7 .- Felipe Orucuta (Mexico)
8 .- Norberto Jimenez (Dom. R.)
9 .- Jhonriel Casimero (Phil)
10 .- Juan Hernandez (Mexico)
11 .- Francisco Rodriguez Jr. (Mexico)
12 .- Julio Cesar Martinez (Mexico)
13 .- Ryuichi Funai (Japan)
14 .- Iran Diaz (Mexico) * CBP/P
15 .- Luis Concepcion (Panama)

I'm going to guess somebody regional. Casimero or Eto would be my guess.

ESPN is trying to push an Ancajas/Yafai unification matchup, which is sick, but also brings into question how the winner of that will face the big guys on Superfly

He deserves a fight in his own country now that he's a bigger name there. I hope he makes decent money.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ers-srisaket-sor-rungvisai-and-jerwin-ancajas

looks like Yafai wants a US return. Says he wants SSR, Ancajas or Chocolatito. They're building up an Ancajas narrative so I bet it's him. SSR won't be back in time and Choco is likely to have a date on Superfly in September.

He'd better watch his mouth though, Jerwin would make him look stupid. Much more versatile fighter and overall just better IMO.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ers-srisaket-sor-rungvisai-and-jerwin-ancajas

looks like Yafai wants a US return. Says he wants SSR, Ancajas or Chocolatito. They're building up an Ancajas narrative so I bet it's him. SSR won't be back in time and Choco is likely to have a date on Superfly in September.

He'd better watch his mouth though, Jerwin would make him look stupid. Much more versatile fighter and overall just better IMO.
I've been waiting for Jerwin to get a bigger fight so hopefully he gets someone good.

He's taking another tuneup in October, this time against a WBC rated opponent. Then he jumps on the next Superfly card.

So it'll be one of these guys in Thailand:
5 .- Koki Eto (Japan)
9 .- Francisco Rodriguez Jr. (Mexico)
10 .- Ryuichi Funai (Japan)
11 .- Jhonriel Casimero (Phil)
13 .- Iran Diaz (Mexico)
14 .- Luis Concepcion (Panama)
15 .- Rene Dacquel (Phil)

He's taking another tuneup in October, this time against a WBC rated opponent. Then he jumps on the next Superfly card.

So it'll be one of these guys in Thailand:
5 .- Koki Eto (Japan)
9 .- Francisco Rodriguez Jr. (Mexico)
10 .- Ryuichi Funai (Japan)
11 .- Jhonriel Casimero (Phil)
13 .- Iran Diaz (Mexico)
14 .- Luis Concepcion (Panama)
15 .- Rene Dacquel (Phil)

Just to let u no, the October fight that rungvisai is having will be in the one fc mma organization ring.

Just to let u no, the October fight that rungvisai is having will be in the one fc mma organization ring.
Really? hmmm, well, as long as he rejoins Supafly in the future, I don't really mind. Plus, it sounds like his next opponent will be more legit (if he's trying to face decent guys that aren't killas, I think a Casimero fight wouldn't be bad).

So that means ioka is fighting this September? :)
Yup!

Loeffler says that Superfly 3's lineup is announced this week (no Srisaket, probably no RoGo, since he's going to be on the Canelo/GGG card, but not definite).

So we have Estrada as a confirmed fighter, the Nietes/Palicte fight, Ioka making his return, probably Arroyo. Outside shot to Yafai.

Really? hmmm, well, as long as he rejoins Supafly in the future, I don't really mind. Plus, it sounds like his next opponent will be more legit (if he's trying to face decent guys that aren't killas, I think a Casimero fight wouldn't be bad).

Yup!
His opponent for the one fc fight card will definitely be better then that young gil bae guy, but I say it wouldn’t be someone rly rly legit tho. Who knows tho. We just gotta wait.

Back