Superfly 2 set for Feb 24 | Srisaket vs Estrada | More fights announced

Either 6-5-1 or 7-5 for Sor Rungvisai. Competitive as fuck.

I'd bet on Estrada for the rematch. He's the younger fella and I think he can adjust better (same as GGG-Canelo in my mind).

Excellent fight.

Sor Rungvisai won that fight, no doubt
noticed estrada began to time his left with the counter hook as the fight progressed,
but estrada lacks the power

Lampley has a bunch of men's calves preserved in giant jars in a creepy cabin in the fucking woods somewhere.

I stand by my previous statement.

Jim-Lampley.jpg

Ash-Vs-Evil-Dead-Episode-8-Cabin.jpg

Sor Rungvisai won that fight, no doubt
noticed estrada began to time his left with the counter hook as the fight progressed,
but estrada lacks the power

Lacked power, but he was starting to land enough, That he could have put Sor down if he had started trading more readily a round or two earlier.

Despite still throwing hard in the last round, Sor was about ready to go, and that was lumping Estrada up

good, tough fight! sucks to see either guy lose, but i do agree with the result.

i'm just glad arroyo got the decision on cuadras, felt like he was outboxing him all night long. i like cuadras, he brings it and is always in a fun fight, but sometimes i feel all he does is throw 5 hook combinations. arroyo was looking really good, but with HBO talking shit and hyping cuadras, i was afraid the judges saw it their way too.

great night of fights.

Rungvisai won it clearly for me but it was ultra close. Estrada will have to go through prime-ruining hell to win the rematch but I think he will probably manage to do it. He has to let his combinations go at close range because he gets the better of exchanges at short range, and then run continuously when he needs a breather. Rungvisai needs to utilize a jab. If he did, he would be completely unstoppable.
I would like Rungvisai to set the record straight against Cuadras first.
Best division I've witnessed in the last 10-15 years.

Fantastic fight. Best of the year so far and probably going to be the best of the year, period. I had SSR winning by a round.

I think a rematch is what we all want to see. That said, if the money isn't there or they want to build it up again, then they can allow both guys to chill for a bit then face each other in a years time. There are so many good options and HBO has a lot of them on tap: Warren, Sultan, Tso, Yafai (hopefully he nuts up), Casimero, Viloria, Higa (not confirmed but possible), Cuadras, Gonzalez, Nietes, Ancajas (maybe, though I doubt it given the trajectory his career is taking), Arroyo (both).

I think, ideally, SSR can take a voluntary defense in Thailand against somebody relatively easy (Nawaphon Sor Rungvisai is ranked by the WBC at #14, so that would be a fairly easy defense) and Estrada can face somebody of a similar caliber then they rematch for Superfly 3. If they're feeling ambitious, SSR could face Yafai or Ancajas in a unification, and Estrada can face Arroyo then rematch. So many great options.

also, crazy to think Arroyo hasn't fought in nearly two years.

Last edited:
I had it for estrada but i knew there were really close rounds that it was going to be somewhat controversial.

115-113 estrada.

also felt like merchant has been way off base lately. actually ive been noticing it for awhile. Sometimes im like what the fuck were you watching. I was thinking he gets swayed alot by the end of the round

FFS, I'm tired of these trash eating stories. I don't watch this sport for sob stories.
Haven't you heard? Eating trash gives you boxing superpowers.

Rumor is htey want George Costanza to face Wilder next, he seems confident in it.

Man I just want to say how grateful I am that htis is a boxing sub. I know the little guys don't get the love they deserve even in boxing sometimes, but I shudder to think how this would have gone down if this were an MMA fight. We'd have drunk fans booing and screaming "Manlet" before the fight even went down.

Thank god boxing fans are more civilized and appreciative of the guys who go out there and get their shit pushed in for their entertainment.

the score wards were up the judge who had it wide, gave Sor 5 of the last 6 which is plain wrong. I had the first half kind of wide then the second half dead even. I think the right guy won the fight do a rematch because the last 6 rounds were so fun.

I want to see King Sor fight that Philipino guy and Estrada fight Arroyo.

Whatever these guys get paid, pay em more. Great fight. I felt like Sor Rungvisai took it or it was a draw. Not complaining if you thought Estrada won, I am a huge fan of his and I was rooting for him like crazy, but I thought Rungvisai was just too much. Estrada started off most rds better but the Thai was just eating his shots and kept wearing him down to the point where Rungvisai was getting in brutal shots near the midway and later part of many rds. I think he did took a lot of good work that Estrada did earlier in the rds away when he wouldn't fucking let up. Nuts. Awesome stuff, tho. Proud of my guy El Gallo.

Sor Rungvisai reminds me a bit of Ponce De Leon, both small guys, have a lot of power but not usually one hitter quitters, southpaws with power in both hands. Great output and stamina. They might take a minute for their engine to heat up but when they get going they're a tough style to deal with. Rungvisai seemed like a weightclass bigger here, too. He's a pretty big guy for the weight but still has a nice gastank despite his size.

Arroyo looked great last night, as well. Cuadras is a really good fighter but he's awkward and he tends to leave himself open to fire in between if you get in the pocket/inside on him. He throws so wide that if you're good enough, you step in and hit him with one punch or three if you keep your combos tight enough and have the balls for it. Another great fight. Pay the men dammit!

Rungvisai won 7 or 8 rounds. Estrada didn't deserve the nod or even a draw.

Power is the difference sometimes in a KD or a KO but thats the only time it should really matter. Rounds are supposed to be judged for the entire 3 minutes, not just when the guy who you think hits hardest does something.
that's how harold scored kovalev vs ward 2 had it wide for kovalev when I think it was a very easy to score fight with ward winning most of the rounds.

that's how harold scored kovalev vs ward 2 had it wide for kovalev when I think it was a very easy to score fight with ward winning most of the rounds.
Thats how Harold scores every fight. There are some judges that do it. ITs not necessarily "wrong" but its lazy IMO.

I think if Rungvisai took hits from Inoue or Tete, he'd be out cold.

i agree,
from what i saw, sor rungvisai is very hittable

would like to see a bigger puncher vs sor rungvisai next
higa will be an interesting matchup too

It sucks that 3 out of the Top 4 Superflyweights arent in the series.

Back