Superfly 2 set for Feb 24 | Srisaket vs Estrada | More fights announced

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
All of the details have been finalized for Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (44-4-1, 40 KOs) of Thailand to make the second defense of his reclaimed title against mandatory challenger Juan Francisco Estrada (36-2, 25 KOs) of Mexico.

The contest will take place on February 24th, as an HBO televised main event, in what is expected to be the Superfly 2 card - a second portion of the September card which featured some of the top super flyweights in a tripleheader event.

Superfly 2 will come down at The Forum in Los Angeles, California.​

http://www.boxingscene.com/srisaket-rungvisai-vs-juan-francisco-estrada-february-24--123025

Srisaket Rungvisai vs Carlos Estrada
WBC Super Flyweight title

Carlos Cuadras vs McWilliams Arroyo

WBC Silver Super Flyweight tile (v)

Donnie Nietes vs Juan Carlos Reveco

IBF Flyweight title

Brian Viloria vs Artem Dalakia
WBA Flyweight title (v)

@kenji goh @Sivo The Ram @Sano @cuban23 @Sekimoto @JkMMA @MMALOPEZ @senri @Mr2urbo @GloryOfIran @Yourstepdad @BlackPanther @Cocakillbana @dissufc @starwarzbud13 @Queen B @Kovalev's "Man Bag" @Seano @Shoemaker @JayE @Minowafanatic @Kahran @Queen B @XCuTioNeR

Last edited:
EDIT:

I hope this is also a triple header with 2 title fights and an eliminator. I expect Ancajas or Yafai on this card. Wouldn't mind 3 title fights either tbh.

Last edited:
I . I expect Ancajas or Yafai on this card.

Hearn turned down Yafai's biggest purse (his words, on his social media account), which had been offered for Kal face Inoue on the undercard. No word on his replacement yet afaik.

Hearn turned down Yafai's biggest purse (his words, on his social media account), which had been offered for Kal face Inoue on the undercard. No word on his replacement yet afaik.

Inoue is fighting on NYE in Japan, so unlikely he was going to fight a second time less than 2 months later in the first place.

Inoue is fighting on NYE in Japan, so unlikely he was going to fight a second time less than 2 months later in the first place.
I don't think it's that unlikely. I feel like Boyaux is basically a lucrative tuneup for Inoue to face Ancajas/Yafai.

There are other, lesser options (Viloria, Rau'shee Warren, Jonas Sultan) which would all be good but not on the level of Yafai/Ancajas.

I don't think it's that unlikely. I feel like Boyaux is basically a lucrative tuneup for Inoue to face Ancajas/Yafai.

There are other, lesser options (Viloria, Rau'shee Warren, Jonas Sultan) which would all be good but not on the level of Yafai/Ancajas.

Which is why he would be stupid to take 2 fights in under 2 months. He knows that's his toughest fight to date. You not taking it serious if you only train 1.5 months for Ancajas.

Which is why he would be stupid to take 2 fights in under 2 months. He knows that's his toughest fight to date. You not taking it serious if you only train 1.5 months for Ancajas.
My guess is that he's focusing on Ancajas, and using Boyaux for an easy paycheck and some practice rounds.

My guess is that he's focusing on Ancajas, and using Boyaux for an easy paycheck and some practice rounds.

I'd be really excited if we got that fight on Superfly 2, but I don't think they can afford a Inoue vs Ancajas unification on top of the main event. I'm sure that's an event they're going to build up and have its own event. Might even be in Japan.

I'd be really excited if we got that fight on Superfly 2, but I don't think they can afford a Inoue vs Ancajas unification on top of the main event. I'm sure that's an event they're going to build up and have its own event. Might even be in Japan.
I think they'll do it. Remember, little guys tend to get much smaller purses. GGG would get a million to fight a bum. You can pay Estrada and SSR 300K apiece and they'll guarantee a trilogy. Inoue is probably gonna be worth more, but I doubt Ancajas is an issue.

It would have been great to see Inoue on the same card, obviously, but this is gonna be good nonetheless.

I think they'll do it. Remember, little guys tend to get much smaller purses. GGG would get a million to fight a bum. You can pay Estrada and SSR 300K apiece and they'll guarantee a trilogy. Inoue is probably gonna be worth more, but I doubt Ancajas is an issue.

Right, but an Inoue vs Ancajas unification could easily yield Inoue over $2-3 million in Japan, and between $500–900k for Ancajas. A Japan vs Philippines scenario would be very appetizing for the market there, plus Inoue is a huge star and the prospect of beating a foreign 'champ' would get lot of press. TBH, doing it in the US would be a loss.

Villoria isn't even ranked by the WBC, IBF or WBO, but he's #2 at WBA? Really don't see this guy as one of the top Flyweights in the world anymore.

On a separate note, looks like Superfly is more just Fly than Super these days. 2 fights at Flyweight. And how do you have an event in these classes and not even have a Japanese on the card?? Superfly quickly turning into the B league for the flyweights.
————

Brian Viloria to face Artem Dalakian for vacant WBA 112 lb title
http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018...a-to-face-artem-dalakian-for-vacant-wba-title

Four-time world champion in two divisions and #2 ranked BRIAN “The Hawaiian Punch” VILORIA, (38-5, 22 KO’s) of Los Angeles, CA via Waipahu, Hawaii will challenge undefeated and #1 ranked ARTEM DALAKIAN, (15-0, 11 KO’s), of Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine for the vacant WBA Flyweight World Title taking place prior to the HBO Boxing triple header telecast at SUPERFLY 2 set for Saturday February 24, 2018, at the Forum in Los Angeles, CA, it was announced today by TOM LOEFFLER of 360 Promotions.

“We’re very excited to add this 12-round WBA Flyweight World Title to the highly anticipated SUPERFLY 2 event on February 24 at the Forum,” said Loeffler. “Adding this outstanding matchup to an already great show really makes this a must-see event.”

“Brian is attempting to become a world champion for a fifth time and has long been one of Southern California’s most popular fighters while Dalakian is undefeated and hungry for his first world title. Anytime #1 faces #2 for a world title, fans truly see the best in the division vying for the belt.”

“I’ve worked very hard to earn this shot for a fifth world title and I’m not going to let it slip away,” said Viloria. “I won my first world title in Los Angeles and I couldn’t be more excited to be back home to fight for the WBA Flyweight World Championship in front of my friends, family and supportive fans.”

Having fought exclusively in Ukraine since turning professional five years ago, the 30-year-old Dalakian won the vacant WBA Continental Flyweight Title on July 17, 2015 with a 12-round decision victory over Angel Moreno Kiev, Ukraine.

The heavy-handed Dalakian has defended his title four times, all victories by knockout. Most recently he stopped Luis Manuel Macias in the sixth round on April 22, 2017 in Kiev.

Can't wait for that main event. Fan of Estrada, but I think Sri will be too much. Hoping for what I percieve to be the upset.

Oh yes, fellas, time once again to watch the little men kick some ass. Tomorrow night can't come soon enough.
Especially since the Smith/Braehmer fight imploded, this is going to make my weekend :)

estrada vs srisaket
srisaket is the favorite if estrada stands/trades in front of him (like gonzales), which i doubt he will

imo
if this goes to decision
either the judges favor srisaket being the aggressor
or
estrada moving a lot around the ring and pickin the better shots

My money is on Rungvisai once again after he won me a lot beating Chocolatito twice.

this is gonna be great!

i wish naoya was on this card, though.

Sri should win but that’s a decent fight

Back