Super Slow Forum and Reply Box

Octavian

Beyond
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been posted about or addressed. I scanned the front page in Support and didn't see anything.

Here's the problem:

-I can post this thread without any issue and I can type in this text box smoothly and without issue
-Navigating the forums is sort of slow but it's been that way for years now with the incessant ads

-The real issue is that when I'm in a thread and trying to post a comment or reply to a comment, the typing function in the text box is super slow and at times the page/text never catches up to what I'm writing. At times, I think if I type too fast it just crashes the page.

Could this be a flash player or some sort of compatibility issue? It may just be me, my computer and needing to update something or it could be the site... I hadn't run into this issue until the new redesign and it sort of feels like with all the new features (auto-save..etc) that it's glitchy.

Thoughts?!?!

This happens to me on mobile from time to time. Probably just a compability issue, the styling on this site hasn't been completed yet.

Super laggy and constantly consuming an alarming amount of my computers resources.

Compatibility, design, styling...etc. It's also a flash player issue and I thought this was a Chrome only problem but it's just as bad if not worse on Firefox. I'll be damned if I use IE.

The site is virtually unusable at times from lag and buggyness.

Sorry to complain - I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the mods but whoever at this point is running this site needs to work with the engineers to fix it or at least dial down the utter garbage that's littered on every page. It will drive down clicks over time because of sheet frustrating and crashing.

ANy better as a plat account?

I couldn't log on after the Silva/Bisping on mobile. It kept timing out.

I was having the same issues over the weekend and a little this morning too. Seems fine now.

This website is essentially broken on Microsoft Edge. You simply cannot reply to posts without spending maybe 10 minutes trying to write a simple one sentence post. It just doesn't work. It's literally broken.

I actually just got pissed off enough that I switched to Google Chrome and installed an ad blocker. Now it runs fine. I didn't mind keeping ads on because it helps sites generate income and it really doesn't bother me much. But Sherdog literally broke their own site with adds, so I was forced to install an add blocker. I have high speed internet that loads everything but sherdog fine. I can use my highspeed internet on my phone and sherdog works fine. It's not a mobile issue, or maybe it is and I just don't run into it. But the real problem is the adds. In no way could you say this is a successfully running website on Microsoft Edge. If you can't make a forum post on a forum I'd say that's a failure at a fundamental level. But, switching to Chrome and using uBlock stopped the issues. Everything runs fine now.

The most insanely annoying part of using sherdog without ad blocker is that not only does it run slow, it actually takes the focus off of the reply box. You're typing away, then it freezes, and then the focus is taken off the reply box. So not only does it not just lag, it just stops taking input and you need to re-click on the reply box.

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been posted about or addressed. I scanned the front page in Support and didn't see anything.

Here's the problem:

-I can post this thread without any issue and I can type in this text box smoothly and without issue
-Navigating the forums is sort of slow but it's been that way for years now with the incessant ads

-The real issue is that when I'm in a thread and trying to post a comment or reply to a comment, the typing function in the text box is super slow and at times the page/text never catches up to what I'm writing. At times, I think if I type too fast it just crashes the page.

Could this be a flash player or some sort of compatibility issue? It may just be me, my computer and needing to update something or it could be the site... I hadn't run into this issue until the new redesign and it sort of feels like with all the new features (auto-save..etc) that it's glitchy.

Thoughts?!?!

Same problem here on mobile AND my laptop. Absolutely pathetic. I've had accounts here dating back to 2006 and never had issues like now.

Way to break your own site.

Typing is so laggy and sometimes takes me 5 minutes to type out 2 sentences. I just replied to a thread 5 min ago and it was extremely slow. I am typing this now and am having zero issues. My key input is very responsive.

Looks to me like the input lag only occurs on heavy threads. Too much data on a page seems to cause this problem.

This is a mobile issue btw. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy. I rarely visit the site via desktop/laptop.

Back