Super Heavyweight Division - ???? Questions

There's already a bunch of shitty hw's. Why would anyone want to see a bunch more?

I'd be ok if they did:

206 - 240 Heavyweight
241 < Super heavyweight

Otherwise, I don't see the point in having 280 lbs giants with no skills fighting each other.

This is the answer right here. Just remove the damn limit, it won't change anything except letting everyone compete. Typically the HW champ is under the 265 limit. Lesnar and Sylvia weren't but Stipe, Randy, Cain, JDS, etc all are. What that shows to me is at HW the weight isn't too unfair. Fedor had the longest run at HW so far in the sport and what was he? 235? Just let the big boys bang. If you're over 205 pounds and a beast of a fighter you can beat anyone in the world. Didn't Hendo KO Fedor at 206 pounds? We've seen other examples but that is the most famous one I can think of.
That sounds like a great idea, but then some freak would come along who would be 7' and 340 of solid muscle and whip up on everybody else. Then people would cry that it wasn't fair and he needs his own division.

chris-huggy-bear-barnett-360-tornado-kick.gif

tumblr_ndlmclyMwH1tcfs15o1_400.gif

chris-barnett.gif
To bad he gets knocked out when the wind blows now

Great idea TS, the heavy weight division is way too stacked we need to thin it out.

Honestly I don't see the appeal of a Super Heavyweight Division.

UFC already has enough fat guys with no technique

Generally curious why SHW threads have been showing up the last few months

Probably because most hardcore fans know that SHWs fighting HWs would really spice things up.

That sounds like a great idea, but then some freak would come along who would be 7' and 340 of solid muscle and whip up on everybody else. Then people would cry that it wasn't fair and he needs his own division.

Boxing doesn't have weight caps and it isn't a problem. That said boxing doesn't have grappling where the weight can be a bigger issue but at the same time the weight will gas you to gas faster. There's diminishing returns on the excess size and every man can be KO'ed. I'd have no problem with a 7 foot 340 pound guy coming along and trying his hand at mma. I wouldn't be shocked either when Stipe KO'ed his ass.

Boxing doesn't have weight caps and it isn't a problem. That said boxing doesn't have grappling where the weight can be a bigger issue but at the same time the weight will gas you to gas faster. There's diminishing returns on the excess size and every man can be KO'ed. I'd have no problem with a 7 foot 340 pound guy coming along and trying his hand at mma. I wouldn't be shocked either when Stipe KO'ed his ass.
Just a hypothetical. This type of guy would be a once in a generation phenom.

Just a hypothetical. This type of guy would be a once in a generation phenom.

Yeah and if he is wouldn't you want to watch him? Wouldn't you want to have seen Lesnar and Bigfoot fight at their natural/best weight? I would have.

HW is the weakest division. Only one that could contend that is LHW.

Adding heavier weight classes right now is not a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back