Super fight, DC vs Miocic in the new year?

Cormier or Miocic?

• Total voters
but... stipe's resume is better regardless of weight class lol

anyway, i dont wanna see DC get annihilated. it would be a quicker, more brutal finish than the second jones fight. lets not do this.

if dc wants to return to heavyweight and earn it, he can try. but dont throw him to the wolf.
Why do i even try i am such dumbass

Yeah but DC's best HW wins are Barnett and Bigfoot while Stipe has smashed Werdum, Overeem, JDS, Hunt and AA.

DC beat barnett and bigfoot when they were actually in great shapes though

Overeem, JDS, Hunt and AA haven't been in their good shapes in a long time. Especially overeem (who still knocked down stipe before his glass chin made the wind KO him)

Why do i even try i am such dumbass
lmao dont say that bro

dont say that

DC's best wins are Rumble and Gus right?

Stipe's are JDS, Overeem and Werdum

not sure how DC's resume could be seen as better.

Overeem, JDS, Hunt and AA haven't been in their good shapes in a long time. Especially overeem (who still knocked down stipe before his glass chin made the wind KO him)
the wind? that was some brutal, brutal ground and pound that stipe finished overeem with.

Overeem still seems great to me, the others are iffy I guess but JDS just dominated Rothwell.

lmao dont say that bro

dont say that

DC's best wins are Rumble and Gus right?

Stipe's are JDS, Overeem and Werdum

not sure how DC's resume could be seen as better.
Wel i was going on dc being undefeated at HW. plus LHW is the more dangerous division i think. Stipe is amazing but he has been stopped before and up until recently he was getting badly damaged even in victory.

Sad when four fighters mentioned in one post have been popped and only one of them is from a different weight class.

And possibly lost.

Basically we don't know.
We dont know 100 percent yes but we can make a good guess. Stipe has been badly damaged yet dc was basically untouched at HW

Id have to go with dc on this. He looked better at heavy weight. I imagine cutting to 205 always takes a lot out of him. It is a tough call because dc is also getting older.

We dont know 100 percent yes but we can make a good guess. Stipe has been badly damaged yet dc was basically untouched at HW
its true but he fought nobody at heabyweight

Cormier loses 10 out of 10 times. Stipe is just a horrible match up. If he struggled with Jones, how is he gonna deal with Stipe who has a similar frame only bigger and stronger?
Can't outwrestle him, can't outgrind him, can't KO him since he's not known for one punch KO's.
Stipe via brutality. There's a reason why DC, Jones, Gus, Rumble drain themselves with cutting instead of fighting HWs.

its true but he fought nobody at heabyweight
He fought cain probably 4 times a day at AKA. Sorry lol dc is not my favourite fighter but i respect him the most. not trying to "win" an argument you have valid points

Miocic is bigger with cleaner boxing and good enough wrestling.

Cormier hasn't been as big and as strong as he use to be.

It will not be easy for Cormier to return to his old HW self strength wise at 39 years of age.

But if Cormier can win this fight ... he is the GOAT.

Cormier is 38 now, Miocic 35. Miocic has a few less miles on him and has just been so locked in lately. Tough fight to pick.

Cormier loses 10 out of 10 times. Stipe is just a horrible match up. If he struggled with Jones, how is he gonna deal with Stipe who has a similar frame only bigger and stronger?
Can't outwrestle him, can't outgrind him, can't KO him since he's not known for one punch KO's.
Stipe via brutality. There's a reason why DC, Jones, Gus, Rumble drain themselves with cutting instead of fighting HWs.
I thougt dc drained himself because his teammate and friend cain velasquez was already the top dog of the division?

60/40 in favor of Miocic, DC's HW wins aren't quite as impressive and with the size advantage, Stipe's boxing and power would be an issue. He's like a bigger harder hitting Gus.
I might use Josh Barnett as a "measuring stick" for how DC matches up against Miocic's size. MMA math never works but as for how he would handle a guy that size, it's a pretty good barometer. Barnett, in my opinion, although older is a much more well rounded fighter than Miocic but I think Miocic's stand up is better. The question would be, can Miocic take a punch because we know Cormier can hit him.

I might use Josh Barnett as a "measuring stick" for how DC matches up against Miocic's size. MMA math never works but as for how he would handle a guy that size, it's a pretty good barometer. Barnett, in my opinion, although older is a much more well rounded fighter than Miocic but I think Miocic's stand up is better. The question would be, can Miocic take a punch because we know Cormier can hit him.
Lol at Barnett more well rounded.stipe wrestling,ground & pound and standup is beyond Barnett.and dc isn't a hard hitter.his only hw ko is glass chin silva.and not to mention Barnett was way out of his prime when he fought cormier and stipe could ko dc with a single clean punch

Back