SUMO - 2018 Natsu Basho (May 13th - May 27th)

I mean he’s definitely been scolded by the sumo council for un-Yokozuna like behaviour (the starting slap, henkas etc) but the not touching the ground with one or both hands seems to happen in like 50% of all bouts by rikishi.
He is a bit of a primadonna bit if your the top dog I guess that’s your privilege. I don’t think he does anything against the rules really.
All good, my man. I think guys like Fedor and GSP have taught many of us, what we think a champion should be.

My body is ready for Tochinoshin vs. Hakuho tomorrow.

I mark out for the big, densely powerful guys like Tochinoshin and Osunaarashi (RIP)

Ozeki Tochinoshin is going to be fun

great throw on okinoumi by chiyoshoma.

ichonojo looked quite good again against chiyotairyu.

shodai with no defense whatsoever against hakuho (not that it's that easy, but still he's talented and should have been able to put up more of a fight).

tochinoshin not letting up at all. can't wait to see his match against hakuho.

great throw on okinoumi by chiyoshoma.

ichonojo looked quite good again against chiyotairyu.

shodai with no defense whatsoever against hakuho (not that it's that easy, but still he's talented and should have been able to put up more of a fight).

tochinoshin not letting up at all. can't wait to see his match against hakuho.
Did you see it? What a fukkin match.

Tochinoshin has a scary amount of power, goddamn. He looks like he's about to have a heart attack or a stroke any second now though.

What a battle, Tochinoshin really looks nearly unstoppable right now

I hate to say it but Terunofuji might be done. He has looked incredibly weak all basho and has yet to get a win in Juryo, this was actually one of his more competitive bouts and well....yeah

I don't think I've seen anyone pick Hakuho up before. He seems to add about 6 tonnes to his body weight when someone tried a pickup. Massive props to Tochinoshin.

What a time for a first time win.

I am also really said for Aminishiki, which did put a big damper on the day.

What did I miss?
If you’re asking about Aminishiki, just the fact that he’s having such a hard time getting wins. I like that old trickster.

Some dramatic matches today. Shoudai occasionally shows bits of the much hyped supertalent he was supposed to be.

I hate to say it but Terunofuji might be done. He has looked incredibly weak all basho and has yet to get a win in Juryo, this was actually one of his more competitive bouts and well....yeah

yeah, it looks like it's over for terunofuji. he'll never be able to build himself back up physically.

yeah, it looks like it's over for terunofuji. he'll never be able to build himself back up physically.
It’s astonishing how devastating diabetes can be to athletic performance. He was the most physically powerful sumotori out there IMO.

If you’re asking about Aminishiki, just the fact that he’s having such a hard time getting wins. I like that old trickster.

Some dramatic matches today. Shoudai occasionally shows bits of the much hyped supertalent he was supposed to be.
Oh right. I was a day behind. I thought I may have missed an injury or something.

Back