SUMO - 2018 Nagoya Basho (July 8th - July 22nd)

What a bout between Goeido and Kagayaki, Kagayaki had him until he didn't

What a bout between Goeido and Kagayaki, Kagayaki had him until he didn't
that match was great. real back and forth, edge of your seat stuff.

takayasu did a great job to spin away at the edge as well, but it's not exactly the kind of sumo you want to be seeing from him.

At least some guys are showing up with most of the top guys out. Been some great bouts the last few days and Mitakeumi is looking as good as he ever has

seems like there have been a lot of kotenage as well. kotoshogiku got hit with a big one, and while it didn't look like kaisei's kotenage hurt takayasu's arm, the throw obviously did something to him.

great that mitakeumi isn't falling off in the second half of the tournament as well.

I just do not get Ichinojou. Such a weird, baffling rikishi.

What a weird 12th day. On the one hand, Takayasu is my shoulderpoppin homeboy. On the other hand, there should have been a rematch. Ugh.

What a weird 12th day. On the one hand, Takayasu is my shoulderpoppin homeboy. On the other hand, there should have been a rematch. Ugh.
Yeah, I thought if anything it was Takayasu's toe that went out first but a redo should have been in order

Yeah, I thought if anything it was Takayasu's toe that went out first but a redo should have been in order
yeah it looked to me like takayasu's toe went out first. really close though and a rematch probably would have been best.

another day another painful kotenage too.

yeah it looked to me like takayasu's toe went out first. really close though and a rematch probably would have been best.

another day another painful kotenage too.
Idk what they get to work with when reviewing things but so many times the decision is so obvious on the broadcast, yet they opt for a redo or get the wrong call.

Mitakeumi......Asanoyama and Yutakayama, what a weird yusho race

obviously a weaker tournament with so many of the big guys out, but Mitakeumi has been great this tournament. definitely the best of the bunch, and deserves the yusho.

Glad that there's at least some turnover finally in Makuuchi. A few promising young guys doing well, hopefully this injury bug dies down soon.

fantastic match between yutakayama and mitakeumi on the final day.

ichinojo vs. endo was hilarious.

and takayasu's tachiai was awful against goeido.

Back