SUMMER OF '84 (Horror Thriller from TURBO KID Directors)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Teaser Trailer for Horror Thriller SUMMER OF '84 from TURBO KID Directors

After suspecting that their police officer neighbor is a serial killer, a group of teenage friends spend their summer spying on him and gathering evidence, but as they get closer to discovering the truth, things get dangerous.

ChHW1Qy.jpg

sounds like a Fright Nighty premise

could be good

My kind of movie n really enjoyed turbo kid

How many scenes with bikes and rockin 80s music do we get?

It really feels like someone watched Stranger Things and said "wouldn't this be great as like a murder mystery!".

Looks like something I'd love
80's forever!

Teaser Trailer for Horror Thriller SUMMER OF '84 from TURBO KID Directors

After suspecting that their police officer neighbor is a serial killer, a group of teenage friends spend their summer spying on him and gathering evidence, but as they get closer to discovering the truth, things get dangerous.

Oh man, I am hating what Stranger Things has done to the 80s. It will say 84 and it will just reference movies from back then, but nothing about the movie or characters or dialogue will sound one bit like anything from the 80s.

May have to check this out.

"Brought to you by Stranger Things!"

The 80s revival movement rolls on, I see. Not that I'm complaining!

This looks like it has the potential to be good.

Speaking of 80s revivalism, when would we say it began? What was the film or TV show that kicked it off? Super 8?

This should be great.

TURBO KID was an unexpectedly fantastic movie.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I will be pre-ordering this on BD.

Not gonna lie, this got a like on the strength of the thread title and synopsis before I saw frame one of the trailer.

I see almost no way this isn't good.

"Brought to you by Stranger Things!"

The 80s revival movement rolls on, I see. Not that I'm complaining!

This looks like it has the potential to be good.

Speaking of 80s revivalism, when would we say it began? What was the film or TV show that kicked it off? Super 8?

Scream probably started the nostalgia wave to some extent. In the 2000's there was Monster House (2006), which was a strong homage to Spielberg produced movies like The Goonies and E.T. as well as others like Monster Squad and The Gate. It wasn't a big movie, but it was an early example of the nostalgia wave before it got bigger. House of the Devil (2009) was another early throwback film and a lot of the directors that came out of Glass Eye Pix ended up making throwback films like The Guest and You're Next. Son of Rambow came out in 2008, I Declare War in 2012, the short that Turbo Kid was based off of in 2011, Hobo with a Shotgun in 2011. So things started ramping up in the late 2000's to early 2010's. Music was doing it in the early to mid 2000's when the post-punk-new wave revival was big for a bit, and the scene evolved and expanded from there with the love for wall of sound with guitars (Ride, Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, The Cure, and The Chameleons all influencing them) and synth, both eventually adding to the current retro 80's music scene with its' synth heavy style (some using the wall of sound approach, some going minimalist). There were things simmering for a bit until the movies and shows and music started to come out one after another. Youtube also had to play a big part with people able to revisit shows, commercials, music, and such from the 80's.

I'm in.

I love these 80's throwbacks. Reminds me of when I was a kid and went on adventures with friends, before the internet ruined childhood forever.

This looks great, Turbo Kid is a favorite of mine and just watched it again the other night and now this? Count me in...

love that cover art and tagline looks like something i would come across while scanning the horror section at Bananza video back in the day.

I reckon I'll love this, looking forward to it.

Back