Suggestions on a new motherboard for an older Windows 7 Celeron Dual Core Computer?

plus windows 10 is like $120 by itself for a license.....its cheaper to just buy a whole computer with windows 10 on it already, lol

Yes. Didn’t mention that but I specifically set the search for a complete computer with Win 10.

Can't he just buy the motherboard part of one of those

That’s like taking an engine of a 2013 Honda and putting it into a 2001 Jetta.

And no, it wouldn’t work for a hundred reasons including processor, memory and windows compatibility. Better to start from scratch and use his old hard drive as disc d:
Throw out the rest.

That’s like taking an engine of a 2013 Honda and putting it into a 2001 Jetta.

And no, it wouldn’t work for a hundred reasons including processor, memory and windows compatibility. Better to start from scratch and use his old hard drive as disc d:
Throw out the rest.

This is the computer I was thinking of getting on amazon. Certified refurbished by Dell. Although I am not a big fan of the space saver tower designs

• This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
  • Intel Quad-Core i5-2400 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
  • 8GB DDR3 (PC3-12800) Memory, 4 Slots, 2TB SATA 7200RPM, Intel HD Graphics 2000, DVD
  • Integrated Audio, 10/100/1000Mbps LAN; Slots: 10 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x audio-out jacks, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x VGA port, 1 x Display port,1 x line-in jack, 1 x serial communication port
  • Windows 10 Home, USB Keyboard, Mouse

This is the computer I was thinking of getting on amazon. Certified refurbished by Dell. Although I am not a big fan of the space saver tower designs

• This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
  • Intel Quad-Core i5-2400 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
  • 8GB DDR3 (PC3-12800) Memory, 4 Slots, 2TB SATA 7200RPM, Intel HD Graphics 2000, DVD
  • Integrated Audio, 10/100/1000Mbps LAN; Slots: 10 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x audio-out jacks, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x VGA port, 1 x Display port,1 x line-in jack, 1 x serial communication port
  • Windows 10 Home, USB Keyboard, Mouse
There are a literal fuck ton of Dell optimax 790’s and 990’s with 4 to 8gb of ram a 500g hard drives on eBay from 75-100.00 from reputable sellers.

This bid expires in an hour or so and is under 70.00 right now,
Seller is saying local pickup is ok also if in area and has a ton of stuff for sale.

I might find out where he’s at and dig around his stuff and see if I can find deals on something I can use.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiple...KRbQ9MU&_mwBanner=1&_nkw=i5-2400+3.1ghz&rt=nc

Update, I looked into the seller I listed on the eBay link, they are a legit business.

They are an extremely large computer recycler in my area.

They test their computers they receive, if they are new enough they test them and put them up on their eBay store.

If they are too old, or don’t work they completely dissemble them and recycle the parts(metals , plastics etc etc ).

If you hurry you can get the one I listed for 75 bucks, or they have a ton on 990’s which are slightly better for a little more.

That’s less than half of the cost of the ones you were looking at.

I found all this in less than 5 minutes of google search...

I decided to go to a local store and get a refurbished computer so I wouldnt have to pay for shipping and could bring it home today.

Computer is:
Full size tower (so I can use my current video card)
HP Compaq Pro 6300
Intel i5 3470 Processor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
4 gb DDR3 RAM (4 slots, can upgrade to 32 gb)
1 TB Storage plus I am going to add my hard drive from my broken computer for a total of 1.3 TB of storage.
4 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 ports
Brand new mouse and keyboard to add to my giant pile of mice and keyboards that nobody will ever use

it also has 2 of those devices that say DVD which I think you are able to put some sort of primitive form of circular media into.

Paid $189.99

My graphics card that I am transfering to it is only a Geforce 200 series which I only got for the 2 HDMI ports

I decided to go to a local store and get a refurbished computer so I wouldnt have to pay for shipping and could bring it home today.

Computer is:
Full size tower (so I can use my current video card)
HP Compaq Pro 6300
Intel i5 3470 Processor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
4 gb DDR3 RAM (4 slots, can upgrade to 32 gb)
1 TB Storage plus I am going to add my hard drive from my broken computer for a total of 1.3 TB of storage.
4 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 ports
Brand new mouse and keyboard to add to my giant pile of mice and keyboards that nobody will ever use

it also has 2 of those devices that say DVD which I think you are able to put some sort of primitive form of circular media into.

Paid $189.99

My graphics card that I am transfering to it is only a Geforce 200 series which I only got for the 2 HDMI ports
Nice that will be like a ufo compared to what you had before.

eBay a gtx 260 or 280 for 20-30.00 all you’ll be worlds ahead

Nice that will be like a ufo compared to what you had before.

eBay a gtx 260 or 280 for 20-30.00 all you’ll be worlds ahead

Im going to take my point and clicky skills to a whole new level

if i add 1 more computer i wont be able to physically leave my gaming room.....

this Cortana bitch wont shut the fuck up. why is my computer talking to me? Cortana make me hot pockets!

Back