Suggestion : "Unsticky fight Bible"

Yugo King

You are overrated on Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
I think it´s a very well written from a literature & entertainment standpoint thread with no valuable info.

If you ignore how it´s fun and nicely worded what is the info you get ? Name me the advice you got from it.

- be a good guy, nice guy / Conor, Tyson, Muhamed Ali, Rampage and half the industry like trash talking and being cocky. So being the nice guy is personal and subjective and not something that will make you a good fighter. It´s just nice to read.

- Nutrition advice / eat breakfast, eat fruit, I ate a salad, eat pasta - no this is not valuable diet info

- Routine / go to dinner, go sightseeing, check the girls out, watch a movie, enjoy the venue - sounds ok but not really sticky materiall, everyones routine is different do what makes YOU comfortable

- Warm up / the first thing that´s stupid - lactic acid does not disapear in the fight if you warm up hard, you just remove the lactic accid you build up from warming up hard. I think you need to warm up enough so you don´t get cramps and sore muscles or a injury once the fight starts and you are throwin 100%. It´s something you figure out by doing, you can practice it in training. In any case to me, in my humble opinion, he didn´t explain how to warm up properly or argument it

- stand up advice / watching his videos he drops his guard during upercuts in a low noob level and therefore isn´t qualified to explain striking also drops his guard entirely during kicks, however for such a skinny guy his kicks look powerful decently

- The obvious; has a 0-4 record writes the "Fight Bible" which is by definition the holy all knowing book of fighting

In conclusion his post is very entertaining, nice to read but not a Fight Bible or explanation how to be a better fighter, at least not enough to be stickied on such a huge forum as Sherdog, we can do better.

Now if it was called "My first fight impressions" I wouldn´t suggest unstickying it, as that´s what it is, in my humble opion, a nice write of off his expirience trying to be a successful fighter.

I had to read the title 5x in two days before I figured out what it was about so I could click on it. I even had to turn my head sideways a little.

But I agree, it seemed full of lofty intentions but now cringe-ly outdated and irrelevant.

Starting a new one might be an ok idea, but the important thing is to remove the evidence of this failed, sad one.

True this. And even if we could hire the Spider, the Last Emperor and Sun Tzu to write a real 'fight bible', they'd probably still come up short. The title is off, the fact that the content is stickied is off, good thread.

the audacity to claim "everything and anything you will ever need to know aobut fighting", dude you can´t even keep your hands up when you hit padds, broski

Never looked at it before, but I definitely think we could come up with something better. If anyone is up for it we could try to produce something better, especially because this is the standup training forum and a lot of the stuff is actually about wrestling and BJJ. I wouldn't mind sharing my experiences if anyone is interested. As for my experience, I have a 14-7 kickboxing record and have trained children, pros and everything in between.

Never looked at it before, but I definitely think we could come up with something better. If anyone is up for it we could try to produce something better, especially because this is the standup training forum and a lot of the stuff is actually about wrestling and BJJ. I wouldn't mind sharing my experiences if anyone is interested. As for my experience, I have a 14-7 kickboxing record and have trained children, pros and everything in between.

If he wrote it well and his form was good in the videos I would accept it, as a guy who knows things but lost some fights. But the actual info is just nice to read and not real sticky material info. Especially it´s a tad delusional to write everything and anything you ever need to know and call it Bible.

If he wrote it well and his form was good in the videos I would accept it, as a guy who knows things but lost some fights. But the actual info is just nice to read and not real sticky material info. Especially it´s a tad delusional to write everything and anything you ever need to know and call it Bible.
Well, one probably needs a catchy title for anyone to read such a wall of text. I agree that it doesn't really provide any good info except for one person's (rather limited) perspective, which is why I proposed to try and make an improved version, preferably not called 'The Fight Bible'.

Well, one probably needs a catchy title for anyone to read such a wall of text. I agree that it doesn't really provide any good info except for one person's (rather limited) perspective, which is why I proposed to try and make an improved version, preferably not called 'The Fight Bible'.

Funnilly even if you have the right info but it´s not worded "right" it won´t catch on and people won´t love it. That´s how his "took off" it was nice writen. It´s still a wall of text and sherdog provides entertainemnt.

Funnilly even if you have the right info but it´s not worded "right" it won´t catch on and people won´t love it. That´s how his "took off" it was nice writen. It´s still a wall of text and sherdog provides entertainemnt.
I tend to agree, but this is a training subforum. If you're not looking for info on actual training, you're probably not going to end up here anyway. Also, I'm pretty sure we'd be able to produce something that is actually readable and probably quite entertaining. I have no idea who else has the experience and the willingness to share that experience, but if anyone wants to join in and if anyone has questions, we can give it a go.

What's really interesting is how long I've been modding here (over a decade) and never once really noticed or clicked on that thread until now. LOL

best nutritional advice - "Eating Pasta is good, I eat some of that".

Then "Get a good breakfast in, I eat fruit"

Wasn't the kid 0-4 in fights? Wander what happened to him...

Anyone can enter the ring/cage and say they had a fight or two... but this kid was too green and on a losing streak. Personally it was an entertaining read but laughable when you consider the author.

Wasn't the kid 0-4 in fights? Wander what happened to him...

Anyone can enter the ring/cage and say they had a fight or two... but this kid was too green and on a losing streak. Personally it was an entertaining read but laughable when you consider the author.
TBF, you don't need to have an extensive fighting career to be a good trainer or to write about fighting. Guys like Harinck or currently Passenier didn't have amazing fighting careers (Mike had one fight and lost), but at least they have a long history in the sport.

Of course that's not the same as the guy who wrote that thread. He didn't have an actual career or a history in the sport.

What's really interesting is how long I've been modding here (over a decade) and never once really noticed or clicked on that thread until now. LOL

Haha...I've never clicked on it either. Did you delete it or just unsticky it?

Now I'm curious to take a look...

I just unstuck it, and judging by the date it was created long before anyone who actually gave a damn about training posted here.

Back