"Sugar" Shane Mosley to retire

Why Shane? I get why he would hate Tito, and never want to watch that fight again.... but there wasn't anything wrong with the Mosley/Vargas fights... out side of an alien mutant growing off of Vargas' face.
in the rematch he was mad that shane made him fight at 154. and in the first fight, he was mad at how his corner handled his eye

I mean, I can see why he would be mad at his corner, did they even have an end swell?

Shane not even a 154 pounder, can't hate for not wanting 160 (assuming Vargas wanted 160, I dont remember weight negotiations for that fight)

Good. He still had a bit left but not much. I thought he beat Avanesyan.

Great fighter. One of the guys that I looked forward to watching everytime he was on TV. I followed him from the old Tuesday Night Fights Series and even picked him to beat Floyd. (Yeah, I Know. Sometimes you pick with your heart instead of your head.)
Shane came up fighting mexicans and thats why all of his best showings were against Mexican fighters. Vargas, DLH, Margarito...

First Ballot HOFer, no doubt about it.

Would never expect you to go against Floyd, especially against Mosley. You almost got it right too.

Interested on why you selected Mosley?

Would never expect you to go against Floyd, especially against Mosley. You almost got it right too.

It was seen by a lot of people as a pick em. The fact they called it who r u picking? Meant that it could be marketed as such.

Just following the guy for years. I made a last minute pick with my heart. Its funny because I knew he basically had to stop Floyd to win, I just about shit my pants in that second round.

One of my worse picks over the years, in retrospect. Floyd was never the sort of guy Mosley would beat.

Back