Submissions 101 Competition Footage......

And it's funny that Keith Owens has a post about landing shitty techniques and meth heads. I can't wait to see how the Keith and Ari experiment turn out. The debut of the Least Favorite moves set!?

It's funny that Ari is choosing Keith Owen to go to, so that he can gain legitimacy in the Gi.:icon_conf

Keith's guys would tear Ari a new asshole!!! Gi or no-gi! And that is a fact.

It makes you wonder if he's any good? If Keith will make him wear a white belt? He did when I started training with him, and I had done no-gi for three years before I started rolling over there.

And Keith doesn't just hand out belts at his school. He had two blue belts beat a brown and a black in the no-gi absolute divisions at a recent Grapplers Quest. If Ari gets a belt from him it would be considered very legitimate.

It's funny that Ari is choosing Keith Owen to go to, so that he can gain legitimacy in the Gi.:icon_conf

Keith's guys would tear Ari a new asshole!!! Gi or no-gi! And that is a fact.

It makes you wonder if he's any good? If Keith will make him wear a white belt? He did when I started training with him, and I had done no-gi for three years before I started rolling over there.

And Keith doesn't just hand out belts at his school. He had two blue belts beat a brown and a black in the no-gi absolute divisions at a recent Grapplers Quest. If Ari gets a belt from him it would be considered very legitimate.

And if people don't consider it a legit rank then I don't want Ari Bolden to take away from the legitimacy of my belt because he got his belt from the same instructor.

If we raise $50 for the entrance fee will you go and report back?

Aside from him never competing, he's never trained BJJ either. Just went straight to Eddie Bravo because he refused to wear a white belt. Why do you think he only does NoGi, and refuses to go in the Gi? HE WILL NOT BEAR THE HUMILITY OF WEARING A WHITE BELT.

QUOTE]

there is no humility in wearing a whitebelt. maybe his problem is he thinks it is

I'm thinking about just paying the 50 bucks myself just so I can see what all the fuss is about.

i have a hard time understanding why in this day and age people would want to go to a seminar held by a purple 'shirt'. there are legitimate badass black belts putting on seminars all the time, it just seems like a bit of a waste. i train regularly with purples that could cock slap ari, why would i pay extra to see him teach stuff i could learn better from my 'mastering the rubber guard' book? my instructor is a 4th degree black belt, if i told him i was going to a seminar put on by an unproven purple shirt he'd probably be like, 'WTF? why not go to the marcelo garcia seminar?'.

that being said, i got five on it if you go, i'd love to hear what he does at the seminar.

i have a hard time understanding why in this day and age people would want to go to a seminar held by a purple 'shirt'. there are legitimate badass black belts putting on seminars all the time, it just seems like a bit of a waste. i train regularly with purples that could cock slap ari, why would i pay extra to see him teach stuff i could learn better from my 'mastering the rubber guard' book? my instructor is a 4th degree black belt, if i told him i was going to a seminar put on by an unproven purple shirt he'd probably be like, 'WTF? why not go to the marcelo garcia seminar?'.

that being said, i got five on it if you go, i'd love to hear what he does at the seminar.

I'll pitch in $20. Thats $25, $25 more to go, Zankou where you at???

Aside from him never competing, he's never trained BJJ either. Just went straight to Eddie Bravo because he refused to wear a white belt. Why do you think he only does NoGi, and refuses to go in the Gi? HE WILL NOT BEAR THE HUMILITY OF WEARING A WHITE BELT.

QUOTE]

there is no humility in wearing a whitebelt. maybe his problem is he thinks it is

There IS humility in wearing a whitebelt. IF you've got one or more blackbelts in other martial arts. me and DarceBrabo both are high Dan grades in a Japanese Jujutsu system and we BOTH made a decision to go from being looked up to and being "all knowing" to being white belts. We did this, because we saw the value in BJJ/submission fighting. It was very humbling for me, and I'm sure DB would say the same. If you've never done another martial art, a white belt is probablynot that humbling.

There IS humility in wearing a whitebelt. IF you've got one or more blackbelts in other martial arts. me and DarceBrabo both are high Dan grades in a Japanese Jujutsu system and we BOTH made a decision to go from being looked up to and being "all knowing" to being white belts. We did this, because we saw the value in BJJ/submission fighting. It was very humbling for me, and I'm sure DB would say the same. If you've never done another martial art, a white belt is probablynot that humbling.

So there's $30 in the pot now for the seminar attendance. We need $20 more, come on people, this is for a higher cause.

As for being a high dan grade, yea, it was a humbling experience back when I first started BJJ going from a black belt, back to a white belt. In all honesty however, every promotion I've gotten in BJJ feel much better than the black belt in the other art.

This is what i'm saying about Ari, he just wants to skip parts of the process to protect his ego. I say we bum rush that ego of his.

So there's $30 in the pot now for the seminar attendance. We need $20 more, come on people, this is for a higher cause.

As for being a high dan grade, yea, it was a humbling experience back when I first started BJJ going from a black belt, back to a white belt. In all honesty however, every promotion I've gotten in BJJ feel much better than the black belt in the other art.

This is what i'm saying about Ari, he just wants to skip parts of the process to protect his ego. I say we bum rush that ego of his.

How are you collecting this?

If it's not in an extremely scary fashion, I'll drop $10.

Newest bulletin about the seminar:

"Topics include: countering the Rubber Guard, Lock down etc!"

Yea, we'll rally all of the bread up via Paypal, and send him off to the seminar. Dear god I hope he rolls. Thats the catch to all of this, he HAS to roll.

Ok Troops, here's the anty-up list:

Yoder: - $5
Aspen - $5
DrewFoster - $5
Jagcoprs - $10
Me - $10 (cant do $20 anymore)

We need $15 more bux. Trim, can you cover this?

I think the original poster used 'humility', but he actually meant 'humiliation'.

Trim,

I'll PM you once all the funds have been gathered. Go to www.paypal.com and set up an account there if you havent already. Then once thats squared away we can make sure all the funds are at your disposal.

Guys,

I have to post this because its really been bugging me, and hopefully the rest of the BJJ community will back me on this. It doesnt make sense why Ari Bolden is willing to travel to another country in order to learn Gi BJJ, when both Zuma, and Kesting are within a 20 minute drive of Ari. Not to mention Mike Sweeney of SBGi. I know for a fact Barra HAS to have some representative in Canada, there everywhere.

So thats what, 4 possible places that he can train at, that would be convenient as far as time spent traveling, and i'm sure he could learn a ton training at those places. Yet he decides to link up with Keith Owens over in Boise, Idaho, which to be honest isnt exactly close to Canada. Now taking that into account, why not go to Jean Jacques Machado's academy? Its in sunny california, and its close to 10th Planet JJ headquarters so that way he can train Gi and Nogi all in one trip. It would just make more sense to do it that way if he ABSOLUTELY had to leave Canada for some good Gi training.

So you take all of that into account and he lands himself in Boise, Idaho?!? Now I respect Keith Owens and the lineage he comes from, but I have to call bullshit on this man. Any of you guys that train with Keith, PLEASE urge him not to affiliate himself with this prick because its evident that there is some ulterior motive at work here, but to what extent I cant figure it out, but I dont want Keith's name being drug through the mud due to the witch hunt that several people are involved in because of Ari Bolden.

The way it seems is that since people wont accept Ari's purple shirt through Eddie, he is looking for other means of being qualified, and i'm damn certain he's trying to buy his way in, in the same fashion most TMA guys try to buy their way into our art.

Welp, this thread has 4,000+ views, and im certain Ari is one of them. I might try to go to this seminar my damn self now.

Back