Submission of the year

Mighty Mouse with his armbar on Ray Borg was pretty amazing.
The RNC of GSP on Bisping was nice, but that was also of a big ironic value.

Platinum Mike Perry submitted Ellenberger with an elbow to his face.

Perry has one or two episodes left Brah.

qiy3zRr.jpg

Only one was never seen before, came in a title fight and won't be duplicated any time soon. Arguing against MM's suplexbar is just admitting some kind of bias.

The dude transitioned to an armbar from a german suplex.... in mid air. Choking out Bisping or rolling into a calf slicer aren't on that level at all.

GSP subbing MW title and giving it back to the people like Bane in the Dark Knight Rises.. or some kind of bullshit

Only one was never seen before
Both Johns' calf slicer and Oleinek's ezekiel were first time occurrences in the UFC.

And if you say there have been previous calf slicers, your wrong. There have only been reverse calf slicer finishes in the UFC.

Both Johns' calf slicer and Oleinek's ezekiel were first time occurrences in the UFC.

And if you say there have been previous calf slicers, your wrong. There have only been reverse calf slicer finishes in the UFC.

Do Bronx had a calf slicer in the UFC I believe, I'm not sure if you call it reverse. Gif?

....and I said "in the UFC" where? I understand this is Submission of the Year in the UFC forum but when I say "never seen before" that's what I mean. I don't mean "never seen in the UFC".

Do Bronx had a calf slicer in the UFC I believe, I'm not sure if you call it reverse. Gif?
If you don't know the difference between a calf slicer and reverse calf slicer, maybe you shouldn't be commenting on grappling.

In a calf slicer, you're in the Eddie Bravo "truck position", and you finish by grabbing your opponent's foot, and physically compressing it down with your arms. The reverse calf slicer typically comes about when your opponent turns away from a heel hook, and you sit up. The finish is typically done by grabbing around your opponent's waist, and applying pressure with your hips.

Oliveira's was a reverse calf slicer.

Edit: Also, one of the craziest subs in MMA history, Daisuke Nakamura taps Hideo Tokoro with an armbar when Tokoro goes for a calf slicer.

Last edited:
Back