Stupid noob lifter question

mouthfromthesth

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am aware that this is a noob question but i just want someone to tell me if there are any overall floors in my routine. I am limited by only being able to spend an hour in the gym so I want to use the most out of my time. Would the following be an ok workout or can you suggest something better?

Bent Over Row DB 3 sets of 10
Incline Chest Press DB 3 sets of 10
Squats 3 sets of 10
Over Head Press 3 sets of 10
Deadlifts 3 sets of 10
Pull ups 3 sets of10

I plan to do this 3 days a week with alternating with a day of cardio and 1 rest day.

Any advice would be great thanks.

It is a lot of work, for a single session. Spilt it squat bench rows 3x5. Deadlifts press (instead of incline) pull ups 3x5. Add some kind of progession and it would ne pretty good.

Hi Everyone

I am aware that this is a noob question but i just want someone to tell me if there are any overall floors in my routine. I am limited by only being able to spend an hour in the gym so I want to use the most out of my time. Would the following be an ok workout or can you suggest something better?

Squats 3 sets of 10
Deadlifts 3 sets of 10
Pull ups 3 sets of10

I plan to do this 3 days a week with alternating with a day of cardio and 1 rest day.

Do starting strength.

Hi Everyone

Squats 3 sets of 10
Deadlifts 3 sets of 10
Pull ups 3 sets of10

Not horrible, but Starting Strength is better.
But if you can't be bothered to look up Starting Strength ( http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki ), then do this slightly modified version of your routine:

Day A:
Squats 3 sets of 5
Bench Press 3 sets of 5

Day B:
Deadlifts 1 set of 5
Over Head Press 3 sets of 5
Pull ups 3 sets of 10

Lift 3 days a week, first week A-B-A, second week B-A-B
Do several warmup sets starting with the bare bar and gradually increasing the weight before the listed sets. Start with weights that feel light for you, focusing on perfect form (not ego/showing off in the gym) and increase by 5-10 lbs every workout.

When you get to the point where you can't finish the reps, deload by subtracting 10% from the weight then work your way back up again.

When you've had to deload 3 times, come back here and make another thread.

Thanks everyone.

Redaxe - thanks for that. I have been looking for something like that but i find sooo many variations and thought someone here might be able to make it easier for me.

I will start with this and report back.

Back