Stupid finishing moves

The overdrive.

They tried so hard to get this shit over.

3dQtXB5.gif

mvp-playmaker2.gif

83e3cfc941879b4c270b656806f882505049e17d_hq.gif

Oh, and whatever the fuck Del Rio's finisher is called

18QNsWK.gif

"Let me hold myself up so he can awkwardly stomp my chest"

The bushwacker battering ram

Let’s not forget the FU, Edge spear, that retarded Russian leg sweep to armbar by Marcus for von, stfu, I haven’t watched pro wrestling in years so idk the newer guys but that’s some more weak or lame finishers
I never liked his spear but I'm guessing you missed the 5-10 people who were using it after him who all did it so much worse. Christian might be woat.

It's amazing how many folks now have a half dozen transition moves that are better than their finishers.

soon after that it became what the ddt was in the late 90s early 2000s and what the superkick is now.

Dear god. I saw one of those guys do a super kick and a famouser all in one fight to that big Irish guy shemus last year. I cannot get into wrestling for the life of me

Dear god. I saw one of those guys do a super kick and a famouser all in one fight to that big Irish guy shemus last year. I cannot get into wrestling for the life of me
That's dolph ziggler. You've actually seen him wrestle before as one of the male cheerleaders nicky. His main finisher the zig zag was already mentioned by Rex as one of the worst.

Styles Clash

It's bad because a bad wrestler can kill himself taking it. Basic rule of any combat sport is tuck your chin when taking a bump or hit and this requires the opposite.

Watch some NXT at lunch for free from the WWE.

The AA is clearly the worst finisher of all time. A damn ACC football player kicked out of four of them, for God's sake.

It's bad because a bad wrestler can kill himself taking it. Basic rule of any combat sport is tuck your chin when taking a bump or hit and this requires the opposite.
Yeah it being dangerous is the main reason I call it stupid.

It's also a ridiculous move because it's so impractical though. It wouldn't hurt much because the recipient is only taking a flat front bump from a few inches off the canvas.

It would only hurt if the guy taking it neglects to tuck his chin like you said.

I think pro wrestling is at it's best when it's at least trying to be realistic. When guys do stupid moves that defy all logic they might as well run a graphic across the screen that says 'what you are watching is staged'.

What was that flippy piledriver thing called? Was it the Canadian destroyer or something? That's actually more ridiculous than the Styles clash.

I'm changing my pick :D

CANADIAN DESTROYER

IOa1Y3J.gif

Last edited:
Yeah it being dangerous is the main reason I call it stupid.

It's also a ridiculous move because it's so impractical though. It wouldn't hurt much because the recipient is only taking a flat front bump from a few inches off the canvas.

It would only hurt if the guy taking it neglects to tuck his chin like you said.

I think pro wrestling is at it's best when it's at least trying to be realistic. When guys do stupid moves that defy all logic they might as well run a graphic across the screen that says 'what you are watching is staged'.

What was that flippy piledriver thing called? Was it the Canadian destroyer or something? That's actually more ridiculous than the Styles clash.

I'm changing my pick :D

If you tuck your chin taking the Styles Clash you fuck yourself as has happened. It's the opposite of what you do. Straighten out. Ellsworth almost killed himself but AJ corrected.

If you tuck your chin taking the Styles Clash you fuck yourself as has happened. It's the opposite of what you do. Straighten out. Ellsworth almost killed himself but AJ corrected.
That's what I meant.

Damn <{dayum}>it's easy to get that wrong actually. Do you think that's why some wrestlers take it wrong?

Because they are so used to thinking tucked chin=safe that they instinctively did that when being Styles Clashed?

I'm amazed none of the terrible diva workers broke their neck when Michelle McCool was doing it.

That's what I meant.

Damn <{dayum}>it's easy to get that wrong actually. Do you think that's why some wrestlers take it wrong?

Because they are so used to thinking tucked chin=safe that they instinctively did that when being Styles Clashed?

Yes. You're taking bump and bump and bump and do the shit you've muscle learnt if you're a good worker. That's why it is stupid ;)

Ultimate Warrior's splash.

Everybody's spear.

Back