Study Finds Trees Have Feelings, Make Friends And Look After Each Other Like An Old Couple

Finally vegans can starve to death.

There is a great radiolab podcast that has to do with trees and thwir "intelligence". They communicate with each other with the help of fungus. They also gather and store nutrients then divide them among other trees that are in need, even trees of different species. They recognise the fact that a healthy diverse forest helps them remain healthy...

Honestly until we get a real committed gimmick intent on defending this extended metaphor I'm not inclined to dig too deep into it.

Der Treesbar reincarnation, perhaps?

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a "spiritual connection," but I really care for my plants. It's a life, like any other.

Based on what is in this thread only an idiot would think he could make that call.

We could know the secret of existence. It is the tasked ego that obstructs, by design. You could define our tarrying and methodical intellectual progression for millenniums as a planetary politic.

I knew Joyce Kilmer was up to no good.

lol. is there really such a thing?
images

They don’t have a central nervous system. They don’t have anything close to a human brain.

Apes can’t speak sign language either. That’s a bloody myth.

They don’t have a central nervous system. They don’t have anything close to a human brain.

Apes can’t speak sign language either. That’s a bloody myth.

Yeah, I don't really understand the rationale that something that lacks a nervous system, is aware of its own existence.

Only a matter of time before people move out of their houses b/c they are made of wood. Shall we call them Treegans?

Yeah, I don't really understand the rationale that something that lacks a nervous system, is aware of its own existence.
perhaps it has something other than what we know as a nervous system

Study Finds Trees Have Feelings, Make Friends And Look After Each Other Like An Old Couple

Trees are scientifically proven to be WAY more intelligent than we ever imagined!

“They can feel pain, [and] have emotions, such as fear. Trees like to stand close together and cuddle. They love company and like to take things slow.” These are just some of tree-whisperer Peter Wohlleben’s findings. Peter is a German researcher who not only enjoy being surrounded by trees, he has devoted his life to studying them.

“There is in fact friendship among trees,” he says. “They can form bonds like an old couple, where one looks after the other. Trees have feelings.”

tree-power.jpg

“Trees like to stand close together and cuddle. They love company. They can feel pain, [and] have emotions, such as fear”

Not only that, but trees are also believed to have something similar to what we would call a heartbeat.

--------------

So are you buying what they are selling here?

Duh.

ljfW9FE.gif

Wow, no Mark Wahlberg confused gif? Y’all’s slipping

Back