Study: Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

Good.
Fuck PC scumbags.
How about people are people instead of this group or that group

...isn't there a song about that?

I dunno, but that's actually what traditional leftist movements were largely about: class-consciousness transcending all else; identity politics and group recognition is virtually the opposite of that. The left needs to find a way to cut across all barriers of group identity without minorities feeling as though their grievances are being marginalized whilst simultaneously not making the largest voting bloc in the country feel alienated or like some kind of 'enemy'.

giphy.gif

Why though? I post like 85% science and geopolitics (China). :-/ I guess I'm definitely concerned about 'PC culture' pervading STEM because it truly has no place there.

My anecdotal observation is that the overwhelming majority of people in their 60s and 70s (just had dinner with two high-IQ 70-somethings tonight) are completely against the current wave of PC/SJW mania. They believe young people are behaving like idiots. Conversely, young people (I am parent to a teen) believe themselves to be of far superior wokedness to their parents and grandparents (but this has been going on for eons if I understand literature and history correctly). Maybe what's different is that young people feel they have a license now to police thought and speech, and lack the "respect for elders" more than previous generations. I find it pretty annoying that my huge repertoire of racial and gender-related humour is now verboten/verboden/запрещено/被禁止

Would there be a socially right wing political correctness?

I suspect its moreso that your talking about a quite ill defined subject, at the basic level of not using racist, sexist, homophobic slurs when talking with or about people I think you'd probably get broad support but the results your seeing here are probably at the more extreme end, your crazed SJW looking to take offence at anything, your political or political media type looking to weaponise the subject and call out opponents as racist, sexist, etc.

If you reversed it and looked at the alt right kind of mindset as well I think you'd find the general public are mostly against that as well.
It's not hard to come up with a lot of examples of right wing political correctness. They practically have their own dialect of English if you listen to talk radio or Fox News. It's about a lot more than the alt-right, but I agree the term is ill-defined (and that's not an accident).

It's not hard to come up with a lot of examples of right wing political correctness. They practically have their own dialect of English if you listen to talk radio or Fox News. It's about a lot more than the alt-right, but I agree the term is ill-defined (and that's not an accident).
The War on Christmas continues

s0208.gif

They've gone full bore on ID politics.

This time into the Obama administration was threads about "men" that identify as women in the little girls room being "okey dokey" and you're a CIS white Hitler if you disagree.

It's slowly coming back to sanity. But not quite there yet.

I dunno, but that's actually what traditional leftist movements were largely about: class-consciousness transcending all else; identity politics and group recognition is virtually the opposite of that. The left needs to find a way to cut across all barriers of group identity without minorities feeling as though their grievances are being marginalized whilst simultaneously not making the largest voting bloc in the country feel alienated or like some kind of 'enemy'.

Why though? I post like 85% science and geopolitics (China). :-/ I guess I'm definitely concerned about 'PC culture' pervading STEM because it truly has no place there.
<{fry}>

People do not behave as if they strongly dislike political correctness- they behave as if they strongly dislike the other side's political correctness, but mostly like their own.

That's a 100+ page study btw.

Non-sense.

Maybe political people, but that is the minority. Add non-voters, and Independents, and they outnumber partisans 2-1.

What's to like? Social engineering people to repeat (if not believe) nonsense and/or suppress free expression won't sit well with many. It retards thought and communication.

It doesn't have a future here. You know why? Because as the dearly departed, half retarded Judge once remarked in probably most memorable post he ever made: The USA IS the fucking WEST. We are GONDOR. America is the last bastion of freedom, the last domino standing against a totalitarian world.
s0250.gif
Word, Life.

The survey said it's dead, fatal flying guillotine chops off your fuckin head!... or perhaps a 44 Mag, it'd be more appropriate.

It doesn't have a future here. You know why? Because as the dearly departed, half retarded Judge once remarked in probably most memorable post he ever made: The USA IS the fucking WEST. We are GONDOR. America is the last bastion of freedom, the last domino standing against a totalitarian world.
s0250.gif
Word, Life.

The survey said it's dead, fatal flying guillotine chops off your fuckin head!... or perhaps a 44 Mag, it'd be more appropriate.

The west is falling from within.
It doesn't matter because it's full of atheist, abortionists, don't criticize or you're a xenophobiest knocking on nobody's door, because you think heaven don't exist.

Pussies that don't deserve the Country your predecessors gave their lives for.

Stop breeding and let these people that want to end your life just, breed you out of existence.

Good.
Fuck PC scumbags.
How about people are people instead of this group or that group

...isn't there a song about that?

Yeah, good song too. Probably considered "problematic" now by these "woke" fools.

I definitely think people get hung up on certain things too much (if we could be done with this gender malarky it would be a lot easier), but Americans are also very lazy with their language. Thinking about what they are saying takes valuable mental processes away from eating and watching TV.

That was a very interesting read. Overall not that surprising but some of the numbers are particularly fascinating (natives being most opposed to it). Common element is majority are not racist or want to be racist but they feel like they have to walk on eggshells, even with benign comments.

Read an interesting quote that goes along with the articles notion of media involvment: majority of Americans are not on twitter, but news outlet's have to be on twitter; and they have to be bombarded by the extreme views on both sides

When welcoming, openminded people with anti-racist views are labeled racist, then something must change.

Don’t think being sick of PC shit is unique to America, Europe is going the same, UK votes for Brexit and other EU member states have had enough with the “free movement of people”

There is a backlash against the ultra left in more than America now.

I think a lot of the backlash is people in the middle of the political spectrum who have been pigeonholed as right wing extremists and have had enough of it.

PC extremism has isolated a lot of the average working people and shuts down fairly reasonable views when they aren’t gender neutral peace and love PC bollox.

Doesn't seem that way from an outsiders perspective. People get flamed to hell for not being PC. Heh, must be the loud minority, I guess.

I hate pc culture. Damn bunch of hooligans up to no good with their computers.

Don’t think being sick of PC shit is unique to America, Europe is going the same, UK votes for Brexit and other EU member states have had enough with the “free movement of people”

There is a backlash against the ultra left in more than America now.

I think a lot of the backlash is people in the middle of the political spectrum who have been pigeonholed as right wing extremists and have had enough of it.

PC extremism has isolated a lot of the average working people and shuts down fairly reasonable views when they aren’t gender neutral peace and love PC bollox.

I think it'd be a very accurate educated 'guess' to say that it isn't unique to America, it's just that this particular study was and it also went in on far more issues than what was highlighted in the OP for the general talking point.

Dude, you christians are in the majority, and you still behave like Jews in the 1st century Roman Empire. You people, out of all people, should not complain about the victim complex of others....
Christians are not the majority in the USA. A majority of people do not believe that you need Jesus Christ in order to be saved from your sins. There are even many churches filled with non Christians who believe that other religions are another way to God.

There are many liberal PC/Social Justice churches where a false Gospel of works is preached. But there are politically conservative churches that preach a false gospel of works as well.

People do not behave as if they strongly dislike political correctness- they behave as if they strongly dislike the other side's political correctness, but mostly like their own.

That's a 100+ page study btw.
We naturally seek out confirming data for our predispositions.

I think a lot of folks who post here are fed stories on their social media platforms that are directed at their predispositions as perceived by algorithm.

Back